Global Warming? Naw, Wyoming is blessed

Oh, you got that right. Just ticks me off it is right there and I can not reach it. 20 foot ladder and a 15 foot pole saw and still can not reach it. Blast.
imagesO232XX2S.jpg
Thanks.gif

Get ya a 20' stick of PVC and may be that will help reach it . It's a little flimsy but maybe it will help :)

Pipe may cost more than the quad. I know 1/2" is just like a noodle.

Pipe may cost more than the quad. I know 1/2" is just like a noodle.
Maybe... but ya can lay it across other limbs and if ya keep sticking em in them tree's ya might get ya money's worth out of a stick ! :p

When my boy landed his Syma X5c at 50', the answer was to get two- three painter poles that extended to 10-12' and we series'd them together, ie. Small top into handle of next pole... Then we added 20' of 1" PVC with a taped stick on the end to hook the prop guard of the Syma. It worked. Wobbly, yes. Success yes

I'll post vid if I can find it

Make a potato cannon and blast the nearby limbs.
If you must climb atop a 20 foot ladder with a 20 foot pole, please take video. We will have it played in your hospital room while you lay there in a body cast with no way to change the channel. :eek:

Tried just about every contraption so far with out much luck. Looks like the chain saw needs a little time running.....Lots of room to drop tree. Where it is it is not going to be missed. Just a nasty old popular tree.

Tried just about every contraption so far with out much luck. Looks like the chain saw needs a little time running.....Lots of room to drop tree. Where it is it is not going to be missed. Just a nasty old popular tree.
o_O Ya gonna land on you bird bro then ya won't have it or the shade....if ya ever need it that is :p

When my boy landed his Syma X5c at 50', the answer was to get two- three painter poles that extended to 10-12' and we series'd them together, ie. Small top into handle of next pole... Then we added 20' of 1" PVC with a taped stick on the end to hook the prop guard of the Syma. It worked. Wobbly, yes. Success yes

I'll post vid if I can find it
That was interesting. I have tried several items to get up where it is. Trouble each different device starts to add up to many $$$ to get it down. It is so disgusting to walk out the driveway and see it on the end of a limb. Give me 5 minutes and a bucket truck and it would be down. Waiting for the next big wind may do the job, but they also bring rain. I don't want to loose another camera from a rain storm. I need an archer to shoot an arrow with a string on it to pull a larger rope up and shake the limb. As for cutting the tree down, the quad would be on the "up side" when the tree hit and nothing should hit it. They are so light they hit the ground from 60 feet up and just fly away again without any damage. Tree is also on the edge of the road the loggers made last year when they worked on my woods, so it would not be missed in any way.
Heading to the beach now and see if we can fly a little for the first time since early November.

Got out to the beach and got out of the van and it started to sprinkle! Crap! Very little wind and it would have been an OK day to fly. Went home and the sun popped out, then sprinkle, then it all stopped. So since I had everything ready I popped up in the yard to take a shot of the stuck Syma. See picture.
Been flying the Syma's so much I was surprised at how loud the P2V really is. Discovered something new: When the slow yaw switch is on slow the quad will not start. Put switch to normal and motors start up.
Must fly on Thursday since it is the 1st year since first flight.
SYMA Stuck.jpg

Well, the sun came out and the wind picked up a litle and I went and used an old trick. Good string and a few big washers on the end. It took about 2-1/2 hours of attempts, but we got that limb caught and shook the h--l out of it and the Syma came down. Good battery and a check and it is OK. Dang quad eating trees.

Well, the sun came out and the wind picked up a litle and I went and used an old trick. Good string and a few big washers on the end. It took about 2-1/2 hours of attempts, but we got that limb caught and shook the h--l out of it and the Syma came down. Good battery and a check and it is OK. Dang quad eating trees.
Arm sore ? :D

Arm sore ? :D
No. Job would have been less of a problem if all other trees were not there.
.....and I'm happy to be out of that dang tree.....
100_0406.JPG

Reactions: dirkclod
Oh for crying out loud, does anyone else have SNOW in the forecast for the weekend?

Yesterday the winds were 30 to 50 all freaking day. Tonight there is a chance of snow and over the weekend it's gonna be total KRAP.

Please send Kleenex because me gonna be whining like a 3 year old.

Ruining batteries, snow falling from the skies, cows pooping everywhere... what's a man to do?

We are having a heat wave here. Several towns and cities broke record highs on Thursday. It got up to 88 at my house. Wind was 25-30 Mph and crazy. It was so nice out I even had my "little boy" pants on. Sun sure helped get the cold out of my bones. We have to pay for temps like that, so next Wednesday the long johns may be back on with highs of low 50's.
When friends mention going to Florida I tell them "go West young man." But you are "sort of" already West.:) I tell them the great Southwest. One of my favorite places.
No snow(crap)here. Maybe a thunder boomer later today......Floods all over and poor California can't get a drop.:(

And now there is a "tropical storm" coming up the Carolina coast that lands here inland on 2PM Saturday.

Sustained winds of ~45 MPH. For the last 5+ years no Hurricanes, now we get a teaser one month before the season opens up - FML!

no flying this weekend....

And now there is a "tropical storm" coming up the Carolina coast that lands here inland on 2PM Saturday.

Sustained winds of ~45 MPH. For the last 5+ years no Hurricanes, now we get a teaser one month before the season opens up - FML!

no flying this weekend....
Go to Wrightsville Beach and get some cool footage of the waves bro as it will take me back to my teenage year's !
Yaaa !.png
:D

Reactions: mad in nc
Reactions: dirkclod
Reactions: mad in nc
:( Beach, what beach??? :(

Winter storm warning till Sunday Night... WHAAAAaaaaaa

I'm happy for you Happy. Can I come visit? :D

:( Beach, what beach??? :(

Winter storm warning till Sunday Night... WHAAAAaaaaaa

I'm happy for you Happy. Can I come visit? :D
Check out the link bro ! Where I just about lived when me had hair and was young in the summer ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src72