Gimbal stopped working - no fw update done

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I have a P3 advanced that was upgraded to 4k or Pro I guess. (Bought it used and didn't do the upgrade myself)

Been able to fly it with no issues then all of a sudden I wasn't able to use the pan, all it would do is tilt. I found this out after a flight, not while I was flying.
Now the gimbal just won't work at all! I'm new to the P3 so i'm not sure if there's some setting I changed on the DJIgo app or maybe a button on the controller?
When I turn the P3 on, the gimbal does it's usual start up process where the gimbal moves around so that part works.
Also, how can I go back to an earlier version of the app?

Any ideas?

Ok, I was actually able to get it working!!
I started it up and made sure the gimbal went thru it's start up process which it did. So then I was just holding the P3 up and I thought, what if I kind of move the gimbal and force it gently. Which yea, I know I probably shouldn't have done. But anyway, I moved it slightly and then it started moving on it's own, like normal. I then calibrated it and then I was able to control it also with the remote.

Ok, I was actually able to get it working!!
I started it up and made sure the gimbal went thru it's start up process which it did. So then I was just holding the P3 up and I thought, what if I kind of move the gimbal and force it gently. Which yea, I know I probably shouldn't have done. But anyway, I moved it slightly and then it started moving on it's own, like normal. I then calibrated it and then I was able to control it also with the remote.
i have a similar issue that i cannot even get to the camera settings at all. Nor do i have any control over the camera. Its says that the sd card is full but its empty.. I do not know what to do! Goes though start up fine. Any ideas?

i have a similar issue that i cannot even get to the camera settings at all. Nor do i have any control over the camera. Its says that the sd card is full but its empty.. I do not know what to do! Goes though start up fine. Any ideas?

Hmm, not sure really. Um, ok one thing and I don't think this will help, but format the sd card on your computer or somewhere else besides the quad. Have you updated firmware? Check all the small cables going from the gimbal to the quad. Do you even see an image from the camera on your phone or tablet? If you're able to see an image but have no control AND it's giving wrong info about the sd card, then it's probably not something physical, but software related. I mean at least try what i did and manually move the gimbal but do it slowly and gently and don't move it too far! Oh, have you tried a different sd card? But besides all that, maybe take it to a local hobby shop that knows DJI or try DJI support. Sorry I couldn't be more help...

Hmm, not sure really. Um, ok one thing and I don't think this will help, but format the sd card on your computer or somewhere else besides the quad. Have you updated firmware? Check all the small cables going from the gimbal to the quad. Do you even see an image from the camera on your phone or tablet? If you're able to see an image but have no control AND it's giving wrong info about the sd card, then it's probably not something physical, but software related. I mean at least try what i did and manually move the gimbal but do it slowly and gently and don't move it too far! Oh, have you tried a different sd card? But besides all that, maybe take it to a local hobby shop that knows DJI or try DJI support. Sorry I couldn't be more help...
Actually, you want to reformat the sd card in the bird through the Go app. If you delete files or reformat in your PC, some file pointers aren't always reset properly. So it shows empty (no files) when you look at it, but the bird reads it differently and thinks that all or most of the capacity is used up.

Reactions: Wolphman007
Maybe the device im using? its a lg stylo2 i have a nexus tablet 2013 ver coming on monday! But i cannot get into anything to do with the camera, cam settings, etc

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen