Gimbal startup routine loop, too cold?

Reaction score
Yesterday and today i went out to fly and the first battery went fine, when i landed and changed to the second battery the gimbal would not stop doing its up and down dance and could not complete it (as in centered). I'm thinking it might be because its too cold? it did fine on the first startup but i'm thinking on the second startup when the drone is colder it just doesn't want to center. It also seems slower in the movements of the gimbal dance, thinking maybe thicker grease etc because of the lower temps. anyone have experienced similiar? Any way to fix it/avoid it? while still flying in the cold.

When i get inside and start it up in room temperature after ~30 min it works fine.

- Ive made sure the gimbal has unobstructed movements when doing the dance.
.Temperatures both days have been probably around 0 to -3C.

Last edited:
Yesterday and today i went out to fly and the first battery went fine, when i landed and changed to the second battery the gimbal would not stop doing its up and down dance and could not complete it (as in centered). I'm thinking it might be because its too cold? it did fine on the first startup but i'm thinking on the second startup when the drone is colder it just doesn't want to center. It also seems slower in the movements of the gimbal dance, thinking maybe thicker grease etc because of the lower temps. anyone have experienced similiar? Any way to fix it/avoid it? while still flying in the cold.

When i get inside and start it up in room temperature after ~30 min it works fine.

Take 2 aspirins and if it doesn't clear up in 3 months let us know.

No seriously, there are other posts here and elsewhere along the same line. It is just plain too cold for your little bird. I do not have ant first hand experience, though, as I live in South FloriDuh and mine does not fit in the freezer.

I am sure it was just too cold for second flight after being up for 20 min at 32 degrees. It's def colder than that up 200ft and flying around too. Just have to let it warm back up before your second flight.

I had to send my first P4P back because of this problem. Temp may play a role, but the culprit as best I can tell is a ribbon cable that hangs up. If your problem is like mine it would home upwards then try to home downwards and that is where it hangs. I sent mine back because I did not want the gimbal hanging up on me in flight. My new P4P doesn't hang, but it does seem a little sticky at the bottom homing point. This is either a design or manufacturing defect and I suspect ones made a few months from now will not have it.

Brian

Reactions: KevMo Photog

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing