Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Gimbal set screw adjustment

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by Scotty88, Jun 25, 2016.

1. Scotty88

I managed to fix a binding noise I was getting on my p3 adv gimbal yaw arm. I loosened the set screw raised the arm in the middle of the shaft and turned the yaw motor shaft to ensure the set screw sits on the flat/D of the shaft.

So turn drone on, IMU cal, gimbal calibration. Now my camera yaw is off centre by a good few degree's. Is the something I can do to get my camera bask to centre point? Tilt is still perfectly level.

Help would be appreciated!

2. Ted4797

Did u try a gimbal automatic adjustment? It never worked for me but what the hell. It is on the go app under the gimbal sign. near the bottom.

3. Blue Bird

I grind the flat side of the shaft with the set screw. I round off the shaft so that I can make the custom soft adjustment. The set screw will now tighten to where ever I want on the yaw shaft motor of the gimbal. I have had perfect success in this method. Good luck!:cool:

4. Scotty88

Not so sure I am that handy with a grinder...if the camera and set screw was seated before and the yaw axis was aligned it should be able to be done again? I have ensured it's set straight on the flat perhaps before it was off centre from the flat hence the grinding noise's I was getting.

5. Scotty88

Ok so problem has been resolved, the set screw was over torqued at the factory which left a hole/dimple on the flat of the shaft. While the screw was secured tight it had play due to the dimple on the shaft.