Gimbal not in sync with X1 channel

Reaction score
So I just got a Phantom 2 with the Zenmuse H3-3D gimbal and the controller has the X1 channel on the back. When I move the slider on the remote the camera always tilts to the top/bottom limit. I can get the camera to stop in between the top and bottom limits by finding the "sweet spot" on the X1 one slider. I have updated all the firmware and calibrated the remote. Any other ideas?
Thank you,
Andy

Did you calibrate remote using RC Assistant and then push its current figures into P2 using Phantom Assistant (RC tab calibration)?

How to Calibrate DJI Phantom 2 Remote Control and…: http://youtu.be/h2zNT6kHoEM

So I re-calibrated as per the YouTube video and the gimbal still behaves the same. The X1 slider controls the speed of the gimbal, but unless I put the X1 slider in it's "0" position the gimbal will continue to move until it hits its endpoint. Any other ideas?
Thank you,
Andy

@scanman5 could you possibly post a video which shows the back of the controller and the gimbal/camera in same frame? With you operating it. Moving to each extreme and then moving in increments?

A video is worth a thousand words. Because after reading both of your posts I'm still left with the question...does it only go from extremes "horizontal 0 and vertical 0" or does it stop somewhere in the middle, un-commanded.

You mention X1 slider controls speed, I'm assuming your talking about the physical lever on back of the controller...but then again you could be talking about the gimbal gain slider in the software.

Hopefully you understand my confussion...did I mention, I'm old ;)

Thanks for the replies, I will shoot some video and post a link to it. To try to answer your questions:

-I am talking about the slider on the back of the controller
-I can get the gimbal to stop at any point by bringing the slider back to the middle (0) position

From reading the links that CityZen (thank you very much) posted, this looks like it is normal operation?

Thanks again,
Andy

scanman5 said:
Thanks for the replies, I will shoot some video and post a link to it. To try to answer your questions:

-I am talking about the slider on the back of the controller
-I can get the gimbal to stop at any point by bringing the slider back to the middle (0) position

From reading the links that CityZen (thank you very much) posted, this looks like it is normal operation?

Thanks again,
Andy

Not sure if its the same problem as the v+...

Have you tried adjusting the tilt gains and range?

With the vison +, there was no gain settings.

The problem is that DJI has enabled the Upgrade relative mode on the 7th channel. This is great if you can surgically find neutral or return to centre perfectly. You can do 3 things:
1. Use a ball bearing mod and an indentation in back of remote.
2. Use a screw (nylon preferably) and an indentation in the back of remote.
3. Use a spring like i have.
7th%20Channel%20Spring%20Mod.png

The second problem is the relative "upgrade" mode. In this mode, the further you push it, the faster it travels. Now slide lever on the back has minimal range, especially if there are plastic guides on it. As a result the, lever is hypersensitive from its limited movement. To resolve this, you need to take the guide off and "overcalibrate". On mine, i removed the guide and then used the Phantom assist calibrated it from 10am to 2pm. I then reinstalled the guides and this restricted me to 11am and 1pm for movement. Hence max and min speeds are never used and the centre becomes more easier to find.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl