Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Gimbal makes weird noise when powered on..

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by mmee1992, Mar 15, 2015.

1. mmee1992

Hello All,

I recently purchased a Phantom 2 Vision Plus V3, Every so often when I power on the gimbal it will make a grinding noise for a few seconds before going perfectly quiet. It works flawlessly just makes weird noises on occasion. Anything to worry about?

2. burlbark

It could be debris or it could be the magnets. I repair the fractured magnets that are crumbling by sealing them with a good CA glue and make sure that they are smooth and dont have any high spots that can cause clearance issues.

The magnets in the brushless motors often break up and crack. If it gets worse it will start binding and then possibly overheating. Before it does those things it will start giving you the remove gimbal clamp or obstruction warning.

Keep an eye on it and if it gets worse or starts to show signs of lagging contact your dealer.

Jeremy James

3. mmee1992

Thank you very much. I don't think it is debris because it happened the first time I ever started it. I would hope its not cracked magnets being that it only has 6 flights on it but who knows with the horror stories I've read on here haha. Ill keep an eye on it. So far it doesn't seem to bad.

4. msinger

Approved Vendor

mmee1992, I have a P2V+ version 2 and mine does the same thing. Never crashed it either. This is apparently a common thing, so I wouldn't worry about it unless it becomes a problem.

5. mmee1992

Ahh okay thanks so much. I appreciate the help.