Gimbal issues

Reaction score
After a stupid crash (RTH) altitude not set high enough. I broke the gimball housing. I replaced the arm and also the ribbon. In doing so I think I damaged the pitch motor chip. The little horseshoe shaped piece of plastic popped off and a piece inside came out. I put it together and turned the unit on. The camera started bouncing around never finding a stable home spot. I order and replaced the pitch motor chip. With the new chip, upon turn
ing on, nothing happens? I tried putting the old one back in. Again it went crazy. I put the new chip back in and nothing? Please help. New one is on the right. Thanks!
b370c2546bd79bb0ca88dcd3bb172831.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using PhantomPilots mobile app

After a stupid crash (RTH) altitude not set high enough. I broke the gimball housing. I replaced the arm and also the ribbon. In doing so I think I damaged the pitch motor chip. The little horseshoe shaped piece of plastic popped off and a piece inside came out. I put it together and turned the unit on. The camera started bouncing around never finding a stable home spot. I order and replaced the pitch motor chip. With the new chip, upon turning on, nothing happens? I tried putting the old one back in. Again it went crazy. I put the new chip back in and nothing? Please help. New one is on the right. Thanks!
b370c2546bd79bb0ca88dcd3bb172831.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using PhantomPilots mobile app

Looks like the one on the left is a roll circuit board and the one on the right is a pitch circuit board. Your pitch motor is on the side of the camera, roll is behind it, yaw is the top motor. Not sure if that makes a difference? But seeing that the pitch board does nothing it probably does. And your missing half of the shaft position potentiometer, so that's the reason its going crazy when you put the left one in. It need that cover the know the index of the shaft. And make sure the flat part of your D shaft is pointing up and aligned with the top of your camera. I hope this helps you out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan