Gimbal gone crazy

It looks like the Yaw (3rd) axis is sticking. Check nothing has got stuck in the gimbal and that it can move freely. It looks like it is sticking, then going into protect mode.

sicchopter said:
Have just mounted a FPV kit onto my Phantom 2 with H3 - 3D Gimbal. Have double checked everything but now have the gimbal going crazy (see the video).

Any thoughts?

http://youtu.be/xZXMC9dxzV4

Is it hitting one of the plastic retainers for the isolators? Or maybe rubbing the battery? The early ones needed spacing down as to not rub the battery.

mine is doing almost the exact same thing only not quite as bad (my own thread with video here)

but mine only does it when I try to point absolutely straight ahead, as long as I point down more than about 10-15 deg it doesn't do it, have you noticed that? watch my video to see what I mean

The first time I put on my H3-3D I thought the anti-interference board was optional and mine was acting more like yours... after installing that board it acts much better... do you have your anti-interference board installed and mounted internally via the screws so it makes a good ground connection to the main board? that might help if not.

Also have you updated the firmwares? the latest firmware for the H3-3D says it helps fix "self excited oscillation of the yaw axis" which I feel like is what we're getting.

also read my final post on that thread about balancing, when I first started I couldn't get more than 25degrees of tilt I'd have the problem very bad, after fiddling and putting to gopro off and on a few times I'm down to about 10deg before it starts to make that noise and have trouble.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl