Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Gimbal flapping in the breeze...

Discussion in 'Photos and Video' started by Phantom_Menace66, May 8, 2014.

1. Phantom_Menace66

Hi Andy here, I've got a new Phantom2 vision+ and was wondering if someone can tell me, when it is tilted more than about 30deg, the camera/gimbal becomes loose & flops around. When the tilt is reduced, it works fine again. Should it do this or is it a defective gimbal?
    I've put a short video on YT showing it flapping around. (excuse my voice on the video, I've got the flu)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5zGUcrN1tU

Andy

2. 4wd

4wd

You're probably tilting it further than would be possible in controlled flight?

3. ShoreBird

Seems like once there is to much resistance against the gimbal its doing its sleep mode thing to protest the motors. At certain drastic angles mine does the same thing.

4. Phantom_Menace66

You're right, it's not faulty. Test flight today and it worked perfectly! The angle I was tilting it on by hand would only occur during a hurricane or similar catastrophic event...lol

5. Phantom_Menace66

You're right, it's not faulty. Test flight today and it worked perfectly! The angle I was tilting it on by hand would only occur during a hurricane or similar catastrophic event...lol