Gimbal Camera Board Smoking

Reaction score
I received a new gimbal camera board today and the camera turns on now and the gimbal was working fine, but then the case got very warm and when I took it apart, i noticed that 1 of the three items in the photo had a burn mark on top of it.

Anyone know what this piece is and what could be cause? I included photo of underside as well. I turned it all off before anything too catastrophic occurred, but now I am at a loss.

Scott
IMG_1458.JPG
IMG_1458.JPG
IMG_1459.JPG

Hey Rover,
Bummer man,
But a couple things, first where did you get the new board?
Reason I ask is this.
IMG_0207.JPG

As I noted in this picture, the DJI sticker is water sensitive, and will turn from WHITE ( no water damage ) to RED ( water damage ) the board has been in water, and I'd put seller on the block for this! Either refund or exchange.
Here is what it should look like
IMG_0208.JPG

This is most likely what caused burnout, just a heads up, but I would hold seller responsible, for selling water damaged/present parts. Just my 2 cants.

Hope this helps
J Dot
:cool:

Anyone know what this piece is and what could be cause?

This chip is a part of yaw motor control circuit of the gimbal. Is is a pair of N-channel MOSFET transistors. There are 3 of these to control the motors. From one side, these are connected to MPS MP1907 or similar gate drivers (these 3 similar chips below which have more legs). Other side goes directly to motor. The MOSFETS are handling large powers, so it's natural they would burn when water is around.

If you will replace all 3 MOSFET pairs with similar model, it should be OK. You should also check if the motor is shorted - replacing only the MOSFET when motor is damaged will burn it again.

Or you could just remove these chips and obstruct the yaw arm so it cannot move.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj