Gimbal 45 degrees stuck

Reaction score
posted this in the phantom 2 help forum unaware that the h3-3d has its own forum..

a new owner of a phantom 2 and got the h3-3d gimbal, super excited. but I turn it on and my gimbal does all the like "calibration" movements and then it's stops at a 45 degree angle. and when I go to adjust it with the silver slider, it won't go any higher, I can point it downward more but up it won't go any higher, I have read numerous forums about how I need to update and calibrates the controller and phantom. which I have plugged them into my computer and done all that. nothing has worked, would really like to center it to get better footage

you need to plug the remote in and run the RC assistant and calibrate.

then plug in your P2 and turn it and the remote on and calibrate using the P2 assistant...

you need to plug the remote in and run the RC assistant and calibrate.

then plug in your P2 and turn it and the remote on and calibrate using the P2 assistant...
okay and when I run the RC assistant to calibrate, can I calibrate the silver slider? last time it didn't tell me to

okay and when I run the RC assistant to calibrate, can I calibrate the silver slider? last time it didn't tell me to

When you plug the P2 into its software the Rc unit has to be on in order to complete X1's calibration

ohh okay so the controller needs to be on when I have the P2 plugged in

Set your quad on a table and look at how close gimbal and camera are to that surface. Now visualize what both will look like when they iht the ground to hard while landing. Either purchase longer landing gear or get snap on extensions which will save a bundle of money in repairs or replacements.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DJI-Phantom...435?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3aa7f0aa23

http://www.shapeways.com/product/JL...-1-wide?li=search-results-3&optionId=56486242

Plug controller into PC/Mac.
Start RC12 and calibrate all sticks and tilt dial/slider.
Close RC12.
Plug USB into phantom and start Phantom Assist.
Basic > RC > Calibrate all sticks and tilt dial/slider.
Select the "UPGRADE"
Advance > Gimbal > Gain = 5 (wont matter), Vert = 0, Horizontal = 0.

Plug controller into PC/Mac.
Start RC12 and calibrate all sticks and tilt dial/slider.
Close RC12.
Plug USB into phantom and start Phantom Assist.
Basic > RC > Calibrate all sticks and tilt dial/slider.
Select the "UPGRADE"
Advance > Gimbal > Gain = 5 (wont matter), Vert = 0, Horizontal = 0.

You are forgetting one important thing in calibrating the sticks and X1 in P2 software that in order for it to work the RC unit has to be turned on.

Having the same issue with the gimble so trying these steps out. Problem is my pc is not recognizing my RC when I plug it in via USB to connect to the RC software. Any ideas? I have the older controller for the P2.

Having the same issue with the gimble so trying these steps out. Problem is my pc is not recognizing my RC when I plug it in via USB to connect to the RC software. Any ideas? I have the older controller for the P2.

Hope this isn't a silly question, but did you install the DJI hardware driver? If not, that'd be the first place to start. Or maybe reinstall it if yuo've already installed it...

EDIT: I saw in another post that you got the connection issue fixed. Probably should have popped over here to edit your post...

Hope this isn't a silly question, but did you install the DJI hardware driver? If not, that'd be the first place to start. Or maybe reinstall it if yuo've already installed it...

EDIT: I saw in another post that you got the connection issue fixed. Probably should have popped over here to edit your post...

Not a problem =). Now that I got the connection issue resolved I'm having an issue trying to get the gimbal lever to work. Any idea what I could be doing wrong? Attached is screenshot of, what I think the X1 level should be at. However mine is all the way to the left and its set to NORM. If change the NORM to REV, my gopro faces down at 45 degrees and stays there. If I have it at NORM, it comes up to 90 degress where it should stay during flight (unless you pan it with the lever). I dunno if I'm missing something with the caliberation somewhere or if there's an option I need to turn on.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    51.3 KB · Views: 293
Not a problem =). Now that I got the connection issue resolved I'm having an issue trying to get the gimbal lever to work. Any idea what I could be doing wrong? Attached is screenshot of, what I think the X1 level should be at. However mine is all the way to the left and its set to NORM. If change the NORM to REV, my gopro faces down at 45 degrees and stays there. If I have it at NORM, it comes up to 90 degress where it should stay during flight (unless you pan it with the lever). I dunno if I'm missing something with the caliberation somewhere or if there's an option I need to turn on.

Look on the back of your controller and see which model you have.

Look on the back of your controller and see which model you have.

I'm not at home right now but I can tell you its not the upgraded controller where it has the battery level lights. I just have the single light on the controller. I don't know if that helps?

I'm not at home right now but I can tell you its not the upgraded controller where it has the battery level lights. I just have the single light on the controller. I don't know if that helps?

Ok. Now what you have to do is recalibrate both the sticks and X1 in the controller and make sure both switches work as well. X1 is the lever on the backside of the controller. Next connect the P2 to your PC go to the basic tab the to the RC and calibrate the sticks and X1 again with the controller turned on. Doing both units should take care of your cameras tilt problem.

While into the controller calibrating make sure it is set to mode 2 and in the P2 software that the controller is in Basic Version and that all the sticks and X1 are marked norm. In the RC you will also see a slider for the S1 switch (top right hand switch) GPS, Norm and pull the last one in failsafe.

Ok. Now what you have to do is recalibrate both the sticks and X1 in the controller and make sure both switches work as well. X1 is the lever on the backside of the controller. Next connect the P2 to your PC go to the basic tab the to the RC and calibrate the sticks and X1 again with the controller turned on. Doing both units should take care of your cameras tilt problem.

While into the controller calibrating make sure it is set to mode 2 and in the P2 software that the controller is in Basic Version and that all the sticks and X1 are marked norm. In the RC you will also see a slider for the S1 switch (top right hand switch) GPS, Norm and pull the last one in failsafe.

HI Jason,
Well I did a recaliberation this morning before I left for work. See the attached screen shots after I did the recaliberate in the RC software and in the P2 assistance software (with the controller on).

Now in the RC software, I do see the X1 and its in the middle which I'm assuming is good. But is the value supposed to be "0"?

Now in the P2 Software, the X1 is all the way to the left and in NORM. When it was in REV, the camera was tilted so I'm assuming NORM fixed the tilt issue. While still plugged in to the software, when I move the sticks, I can see the camera move left and right slightly but the lever on the back of the controller still doesn't pan the camera up and down like it should.

Did I maybe do something wrong in the recaliberation?

Attachments

• RCImage.JPG
    RCImage.JPG
    83.2 KB · Views: 280
  • P2Assist.JPG
    P2Assist.JPG
    96.7 KB · Views: 405
So I caliberated my RC with the RC software and everything was fine except the X1. I was not getting any movement. Meaning I was moving the lever but nothing was registering in the RC Software. Any ideas??

Also noticed in the Phantom 2 Assistance software, the gimbal switch was OFF. Don't know if that significant?

Attachments

• Capture3.JPG
    Capture3.JPG
    82.8 KB · Views: 273
Last edited:
So I caliberated my RC with the RC software and everything was fine except the X1. I was not getting any movement. Meaning I was moving the lever but nothing was registering in the RC Software. Any ideas??

When you are in the calibration mode of the controller and you have finished with the sticks next move the lever on the backside which is X1and move it back and forth. Is X1 moving on the screen?? You also have to connect P2 to the assistant software and with controller turned on calibrate the the sticks and X1 again. Have you done that??

Have you setup S1 (U slider) to failsafe?? According to your screen save you haven't.

When you are in the calibration mode of the controller and you have finished with the sticks next move the lever on the backside which is X1and move it back and forth. Is X1 moving on the screen?? You also have to connect P2 to the assistant software and with controller turned on calibrate the the sticks and X1 again. Have you done that??

Have you setup S1 (U slider) to failsafe?? According to your screen save you haven't.

It was a screenshot beforehand..sorry. But to answer your earlier question...no the X1 was nto moving.

It was a screenshot beforehand..sorry. But to answer your earlier question...no the X1 was nto moving.

Where are you located??

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18