Getting p4 Pro V2.0

Reaction score
Hi all. I just thought I’d post here before getting my new p4 pro. Until about a year ago, I had been flying the phantom 2. It had been a great machine for a few years, but then I had issues with it dropping which eventually led to it crashing and dying.

So now here I am now having decided that it is a good time for me to pull the trigger and purchase my next drone. Here is what I’ve decided to get / still deciding between. Any advise or tips would be great.

P4 Pro v2.0 (and buying iPad mini 4. Currently have iPhone X so I could use that as a backup if needed) / P4 Pro plus v2.0

Polar Pro lenses / DJI lenses

DJI goggles RE

Spare battery (getting a 3rd later on)

DJI care refresh

P4 car charger

Few micro sd cards (probably Sandisk Extreme 64GB UHS-S V30 MicroSDXC but open to ideas or getting few different cards)

Manfrotto aviator backpack

Cheers guys.

Michael

Hi Michael,

Welcome to the forum. That's a nice upgrade you'll be making. :)

I do recommend going the P4 Pro route and giving yourself the flexibility as to what viewing device you want to run...whether that be an iPad or maybe looking at the CrystalSky (but keep in mind you cannot use third party apps with the CS as freely as you can with regular iOS and Android tablets).

Everything else looks good. Really no need for any other SD card. 64GB extreme is great and depending on what you're doing you may find one to be suffice.

Not familiar with that backpack but Manfrotto makes very high quality products. Other options would LowePro which is actually a sister company to Manfrotto or going the hard case route with something like GPC.

Should you have any additional questions on anything feel free to reach out to our team here at Advexure. This is all equipment that we have in regular stock.

Best of luck with the upgrade and safe flying! :cool:

Reactions: Specktech
The Manfrotto is an awesome backpack, worth every cent, no wasted space and plenty of room. Some of us, including myself, have had serious video feed issues with the iPad Mini 4, because of the limited CPU capability, and I would pass on that in favor of something more robust, like the iPad Pro 10.5".
P.S. Hoodman makes some great display full hoods.

Just ordered my P4P v2.0 as well. Got the refresh and then ordered a bunch of crap on Amazon. Got 2 extra batteries the 3 battery charger and a waterproof case that was highly reviewed. PlanePl on using my Note 8 to fly. This is my first drone so I'm really just winging it.

Just ordered my P4P v2.0 as well. Got the refresh and then ordered a bunch of crap on Amazon. Got 2 extra batteries the 3 battery charger and a waterproof case that was highly reviewed. PlanePl on using my Note 8 to fly. This is my first drone so I'm really just winging it.
Welcome to the forum :)

Hello Russy! Welcome to my favorite forum ever! There are many super helpful people here like msinger, LuvMyTj, dirkclod, BigAL07, and many more! I hope you enjoy Phantom Pilots as much as I do.[emoji6]

I see that people are getting the P4 Pro V2. Did anyone order the P4 Pro+ V2?

Yes, I ordered one on Amazon with a 2 batteries and other fillers in a package for a tax free $1,999 purchase. It will be here Friday 6/8. I read a lot about the plus version and decided this would suit me best. I am a pro still photographer and more interested in capturing images from a different perspective than anything. I was waiting for the Phantom 5 but when this latest version was announced I decided it wasn't coming anytime soon so bit the bullet now. If a P5 does come I seriously doubt that I will need the upgrades that might come with it. If it does come and is that good then I will sell my P4 pro + v2 and move on.

I recently got the P4P v2.0 for my wife. It's been a solid aircraft, very reliable so far.
Very soon after, I decided to go for the Crystal Sky Ultra because using it with a phone or tablet in daylight is like flying blind. Can't see the screen. With the bright display, it's hard to miss warning messages and you can see the map and radar clearly. Only problem is CS Ultra has a lot of software lockups and terminations. Not reliable at all.

Reactions: Specktech
S9+ s9, s8+, s8 s7 edge...all have lots of nits.. and do not lock up with newer go 4 iterations...

No but anything over 800 is plenty in the sunlight....so the s9+ is 1130..... which is nice I don't have to go out and buy another device I could just use my phone!

My wife wants to get the Note 8 as her next phone, which sports 1200 nits claimed brightness.

The one thing I DO like a lot about the CS displays is the fact that I'm not messing with cables all the time. It's fast on, fast off, which saves precious time and keeps things simple. The extra bulk and weight are less than ideal, but the display size is good for our aging eyeballs. Phone screens are too small for old geezers to see.

My wife wants to get the Note 8 as her next phone, which sports 1200 nits claimed brightness.

The one thing I DO like a lot about the CS displays is the fact that I'm not messing with cables all the time. It's fast on, fast off, which saves precious time and keeps things simple. The extra bulk and weight are less than ideal, but the display size is good for our aging eyeballs. Phone screens are too small for old geezers to see.
True but they always seem to be behind on versions and supposedly overheat....it is cheaper then a new galaxy tho

I would prefer to use the iOS version of the app to the Android version, too many issues with the latter at the moment..

Reactions: Ripper7620
I would prefer to use the iOS version of the app to the Android version, too many issues with the latter at the moment..
Actually my buddy has more issues with the iOS version cpu messages...green screen etc ...newer android devices do not have such issues. But to each his own

Reactions: Basspig
Ipad Mini the 4

Ah yes, read about those issues. It seems the demands placed on the device by DJI GO 4 increase with every new release and have perhaps overwhelmed the mini 4. There are ways to reduce CPU overhead of course but DJI really needs to optimise their code better. Nevertheless, I had no issues with an iPad Air I used prior to the iPhone 8 Plus I'm using now, but then again, I did not use the Air for many flights so I guess issues could exist.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT