Get away Birds!

D

Deleted member 109724

Sorry if this is in the wrong section, but safety is what this is most closely related to. Birds are constantly bugging my drone while I'm doing roof inspections. I have to take my eyes off the drone, though I'm flying vlos, I'm looking at my iPad for most of the time. I want to know if anybody has found a device that I could strap to the leg of my bird, no pun intended, that makes a high frequency that birds get scared away by, like the deer horns on my car. I'm hoping for something that can scare away little boids and birds of prey, but any input is appreciated!:)

Some people have fake owls on their rooftops to keep birds away. Paint a face or color the drone in some of those colors?

I'm just wondering if there are any small battery powered or wind powered things I could put on the drone to scare birds away using some sort of bird-ear piercing frequency. Wind powered would be like the deer horns on my car, using airflow like a whistle. There is plenty of wind on the bottom of a drone too! :) Battery powered would be fine though, just wondering what kind of noise scares away the birds.

I'm just wondering if there are any small battery powered or wind powered things I could put on the drone to scare birds away using some sort of bird-ear piercing frequency. Wind powered would be like the deer horns on my car, using airflow like a whistle. There is plenty of wind on the bottom of a drone too! :) Battery powered would be fine though, just wondering what kind of noise scares away the birds.
Shotgun noise ;-)

BTW, if I had a shotgun to make the noise, maybe I should just shoot the birds! Then I wouldn't have to worry anymore! Except maybe about the police getting me for using a gun in the city! Oh well... Droning is difficult. Like this post if you agree!:)

Reactions: RW8888
Ha-ha. Oh and did I say ha...:)

I'm just wondering what other people are doing to keep birds from grounding their birds...
So far I haven’t run across anyone talking about any such measure of prevention. Anything I’ve seen has been about avoidance. Fly up because birds don’t fly up as fast as down.

BTW, if I had a shotgun to make the noise, maybe I should just shoot the birds! Then I wouldn't have to worry anymore! Except maybe about the police getting me for using a gun in the city! Oh well... Droning is difficult. Like this post if you agree!:)
Careful. One guy on here got tuned up for saying that birds harassed him. ;)

I think your going to be stuck with the birds....what ever you did or will try......they will get used to it and come back....One Single Blade Strike to the drone will send it out of control..and it will Crash !........the birds will Fly away....But you wont !

Sorry if this is in the wrong section, but safety is what this is most closely related to. Birds are constantly bugging my drone while I'm doing roof inspections. I have to take my eyes off the drone, though I'm flying vlos, I'm looking at my iPad for most of the time. I want to know if anybody has found a device that I could strap to the leg of my bird, no pun intended, that makes a high frequency that birds get scared away by, like the deer horns on my car. I'm hoping for something that can scare away little boids and birds of prey, but any input is appreciated!:)
HI you not mention which ac you fly but you can get this for p4,,this off website called ferntec NZ but sure you can find on ebay or Amazon or similar,,,good luck
Screenshot_20180428-203325.jpg
,,or cheap horn:)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180428-204041.jpg
    Screenshot_20180428-204041.jpg
    463.1 KB · Views: 458
Reactions: alsobrook4336
That’s exactly the same problem I had today, I had birds chasing my P3A and returned to land immediately! That’s not funny at all, especially when you are in high altitudes, ok there’s not so much traffic up there but still My eye caught one bird near the drone again at 875ft!

As a disclaimer I have not tried this, but maybe you could hot glue a styrofoam owl on the roof of your quad

I see for some drones you can get a full cage for the props . If you are just doing roof inspections losing performance won’t matter . With the full cages they can’t get to the props so you won’t crash .

I just got an inspire 1 pro. Will birds be attracted to that? Could my over 2000 dollar investment come crashing down just because of one little bird? (Just asking how inspires do vs birds...)

"Sorry if this is in the wrong section, but safety is what this is most closely related to. "

I am pretty sure that Public Safety in this context implies Police/Law Enforcement, Fire/EMS, maybe even the parapolice/Security I'm doing.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakob08z