Gatwick airport closed due drone reported in area

Wow! You are all jumping straight on the Government storyline..
This has ALL the attributes of a FALSE FLAG ATTACK. They are wanting to get public opinion right behind something about a restriction coming up. Maybe a total ban on privately owned Drones.
[...snip babbling...]
Wait for the outcome, It will not be a good one for us.
2404325409_5543da1791.jpg

Wow! You are all jumping straight on the Government storyline..

I totally agree. Also, the Earth is flat; man didn't land on the moon; Hitler is still alive and hiding in South America; Lizard People are running the world; President Obama wasn't born in the US; the cure for cancer is being withheld by the FDA and the trails you see behind jets is chemical poison being spread in the air.

Reactions: quaddamage
5 years in prison, I know that’s the maximum sentence but anyone who lives in the Uk as I do knows that the CJS here is BS. May get locked up for a year max.

I totally agree. Also, the Earth is flat; man didn't land on the moon; Hitler is still alive and hiding in South America; Lizard People are running the world; President Obama wasn't born in the US; the cure for cancer is being withheld by the FDA and the trails you see behind jets is chemical poison being spread in the air.
Obama WASN'T born in the US

5 years in prison, I know that’s the maximum sentence but anyone who lives in the Uk as I do knows that the CJS here is BS. May get locked up for a year max.

The sad thing is that these eco-warriors will clam up like an ISIS cell. The guilty parties behind this will have persuaded them to do it and be safe behind their suburban walls.

Noting that the so called Council for Protection of Rural England declared a state of emergency a couple of weeks ago over the additional runway planning application.

Yes he was, the constitution only permits US born people to become president. Unless Hawaii doesn't count as properly being in the US.
I have my own opinion on this having had skin in the game.

The sad thing is that these eco-warriors will clam up like an ISIS cell. The guilty parties behind this will have persuaded them to do it and be safe behind their suburban walls.

Noting that the so called Council for Protection of Rural England declared a state of emergency a couple of weeks ago over the additional runway planning application.
Way to bring it back On Topic!

In the UK, can people be held civilly responsible for damages as a result of a crime? If so, this could get expensive for them.

I'm really curious to hear what their motive was for causing the disruption, if they are guilty.

Reactions: 3rdof5
If these are really the ones who did it I hope the make an example and fry them...

Could be tricky. The UK has never used the Electric Chair (or death by Griddle Pan). They also abolished execution in 1964. That was by hanging.

Is it known what sort of 'drone's were being used?
Altenative perspective, if I was flying a RC plane, glider or helicopter this would be OK - just not a 'drone'?
And so it was the 'drones' that stopped the aircraft - - hmm or (depending on the drone) the 1kg bit of plastic as opposed to the 7kg low flying goose that was really the problem / consequence, what mindless press and nanny state whipped up reactions.
Admittedly the idiots who were doing this were idiots - and that's what should be focused on, not the fact that they happened to use the evil 'drone' as opposed to any other remote controlled flying device or a balloon with a 1KG brick hanging from it?

Reactions: capposteve
You may want to wait to see if they are the bad guys. Innocent until proved guilty.
I honestly believe if there was an incident where I live, then I would have the Plod all over me by now. Locals would say "Oh yeah there is a guy down there always flying around", and they would be all over my Laptop etc.
True. They may innocent in court. However, they were not arrested without probable cause. I’m not going to doubt the police did not find anything and just randomly arrested this customer. Suspected of something and being arrested is completely different. Hopefully you read the article and saw how they were identified. Shame. Well you just can’t teach some people. What is possibly legal does not mean its the right thing to do.

Reactions: Jayfdee
Suspected of something and being arrested is completely different.

Actually, it's not. Being arrested and being charged are two different things. I'm not sure where you're based Tony but the UK Police arrest someone (usually) 'on suspicion' of a crime. It's then that the evidence is gathered if they don't have enough already, (the Police are searching a house in Crawley, right now). If not enough evidence is found no charges are brought and they will be released.

Reactions: Jayfdee
It sounds like the police aren't trying to bring the drones down.
Their concern being who knows how many more drones he has and what he intends to do with them.
One news article said they could shoot them down but want to catch the operator. Shooting down the drone would eliminate the drone but not locate the operator who could then go out and purchase another drone and do the same thing thing.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart