Galaxy tab a 7.0

Reaction score
Anybody have any advice. I got a galaxy tab a for my p3p. I read a bunch of posts saying it worked great. I flew with dji and that thing was jumpy as hell. I didn't get 1 second of smooth video. It's brand new, I had every app closed except dji, Wi-Fi off.

I read that too. Some say they work great, and other they don't work at all. I decided to hold out and get the S3.

I read that too. Some say they work great, and other they don't work at all. I decided to hold out and get the S3.
My Galaxy Tab works superior for me...I could not be happier......even before i put it in "airplane mode".......it still worked nicely for me...for the investment of $119.95......what a deal and battery life is excellent !

are you caching the video to your tablet.....IF you are go in the Dji Gp app and turn it off and see how the Galaxy works then ...thats a major cause of crappy videos ....view then off the memory card !

Last edited:
Anybody have any advice. I got a galaxy tab a for my p3p. I read a bunch of posts saying it worked great. I flew with dji and that thing was jumpy as hell. I didn't get 1 second of smooth video. It's brand new, I had every app closed except dji, Wi-Fi off.

I use tab a and tab s2. With both i had issues of not connecting or choppy video. What worked for me is
Force close all aps
Put in aircraft mode
Close wifi
Go into settings
If developer option not available go into about tablet
Tap build # seven times
Go back to settings open developer options
Turn on USB debugging
Scroll down to USB configuration
Set to RNDIS, it will be in MTP
open go app and you should be good
This seems more complicated than it actually is but it works every time for me. The issue is that Samsung overlays android with their own system which seems to create issues with the go app.
Good luck, hope it works for you.

Reactions: xspwhite
@Sethg1981, you can find some other tips to make your Android device run better here.

I was probably one of the ones you read about, bragging about how my $99 tablet worked awesome. My galaxy Tab A used to work great (and I stress, used to), until the last few DJI Go updates. I was recently getting a message in Play Store that said "This device may not be optimal for this app" or something along those lines. Hmm. Never said that before. Ever since then, It worked like crap. I have no idea what DJI did. Mind you.... this tablet was rooted and de bloated. The ONLY apps installed on it not essential to the operation of the tablet were DJI Go, UAV forecast and Airdata UAV.

Well. I absolutely refuse to buy an Apple product, so I'm using this Lenovo now.
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B074FZZ4SG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
It's working perfectly.... (Should I say "for now"?)

I was probably one of the ones you read about, bragging about how my $99 tablet worked awesome. My galaxy Tab A used to work great (and I stress, used to), until the last few DJI Go updates. I was recently getting a message in Play Store that said "This device may not be optimal for this app" or something along those lines. Hmm. Never said that before. Ever since then, It worked like crap. I have no idea what DJI did. Mind you.... this tablet was rooted and de bloated. The ONLY apps installed on it not essential to the operation of the tablet were DJI Go, UAV forecast and Airdata UAV.

Well. I absolutely refuse to buy an Apple product, so I'm using this Lenovo now.
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B074FZZ4SG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I’m curious. Why would you refuse something that might work for you and be reliable. It makes no sense. I mean sure if you owned an iPad and it never worked for your drone, I’d understand but flat out refusing to even explore it as an option is baffling. And irrational.

I've been looking for a tablet for a while now, simply for a larger screen. I don't plan to buy another tablet for some time, so I'm being very selective. In the mean time, I've been using a Galaxy S5 for over 6 months now without any issues. I don't recall ever being forced to update the GO app during that time.

Well I guess me for instance, I have a galaxy S9+. So when I buy a tablet, I have to get a Samsung so it will be compatible with my phone. An apple tab with a Samsung phone would probably not work well together.

Reactions: ravedog
So when I buy a tablet, I have to get a Samsung so it will be compatible with my phone.

That would be my preference as well but, I'm open to other Android devices that will be robust enough both now and for some time to come. I've heard the whole argument of going with an iOS device, and that probably makes sense for some people. But, my other two phones are Android as well, so I'm not really interested in adding another another OS platform to the mix for compatibility reasons. Still researching my options for a tablet.

That would be my preference as well but, I'm open to other Android devices that will be robust enough both now and for some time to come. I've heard the whole argument of going with an iOS device, and that probably makes sense for some people. But, my other two phones are Android as well, so I'm not really interested in adding another another OS platform to the mix for compatibility reasons. Still researching my options for a tablet.

I guess my phone has a feature where it can wirelessly share information back and forth with other Samsung devices. So I decided to hold out until I can get the galaxy tap S3. Meanwhile I'll just use my phone to fly. Not to mention I fly an X~Star Premium as well as my Phantom 4.

I’m curious. Why would you refuse something that might work for you and be reliable. It makes no sense. I mean sure if you owned an iPad and it never worked for your drone, I’d understand but flat out refusing to even explore it as an option is baffling. And irrational.

Because Apple charges 2x as much for a comparable (or even inferior) item as it's competition. For some reason people seem to associate "more expensive" with "better". Those same people will also gloat about how Bose audio equipment is superior in every way to anything out there.

Because Apple charges 2x as much for a comparable (or even inferior) item as it's competition. For some reason people seem to associate "more expensive" with "better". Those same people will also gloat about how Bose audio equipment is superior in every way to anything out there.

Ill informed. You get what you pay for. Apple iPads for instance are still in use and working 3-5 years later. Also, you can take any Apple product into an Apple store and get support. Long after the warranty expires. Apple iPads again for instance have 100 times (the number is higher) the native apps. Not merely an phone app blown up, written to take advantage of the extremely real estate. As far as processors go. If you want to be a spec junkie, Apple routinely outscores every cpu benchmark score vs android. Why? It designs custom arm chips made for its hardware. Customization allows better controllable performance instead of using off the shelf processors that are generic.

Oh by the way you can edit 4K video on your iPad. Yep. You can. Most likely want a desktop but the hardware can totally handle it is the point.

Now you argued that Apple was 2x the price so why. I have you a lot of examples why you think they are 2x. You get what you pay for. Reliability. Speed. And longevity. And part of that Apple tax is support. Support you’ll never get anywhere else. Challenge you to walk into an Huawei or Samsung store and get support. (Yeah what stores)

Apple iOS products often are running a recent os. Why? That Apple horrible draconian control allows them to push out updates and security fixes. I can’t tell you how many android devices that are stuck on an older OS and therefore at risk to vulnerabilities. Why? Google fixes something. Then it’s passed to device manufacturer who has to modify it for its models then pass it to carrier where it often never makes it to you. Yes, again there are some devices that have a better update path but most don’t.

By the way, Apple’s latest iPad is 329.

If you want to scream from the 10 or 20 year old Apple sucks playbook, there are plenty of reasons to not want to use their produce but as my original supposition asserted that there are always these group of people who will never use “crapple” because... (irrational hatred). That’s who I’m questioning.

Like using Apple products are “locked down” and for Sheeple and take my FREEDOM away so I can’t customize. Bla bla bla. It’s irrational. If I have a drone that I paid 2000 dollars for (with accessories) and then I ***** about a 300 tablet that works and also will allow me to keep it for a while and be creative with it and have support, it’s irrational. Will an android work. Sure. But it’s a harder target to hit and get right.

Oh one last thing: makes me laugh every time. There are some that feel thatApple products are horribly locked down. A walled garden if you may. Can’t customize. Can’t side load. Bla bla bla. Fair enough. Then there are those who swear by their android tablet that works well with DJI that they have to: not update the OS. not update the DJI app. Not install other apps. Not run other apps. Reduce everything on the background. LOCK IT DOWN. why? Because that’s the recipe to have stability, especially on cheaper tablets.

Yeah. Not the same people who gloat about Bose. Get off your irrational superior high horse and stop feeling better about your life choices by reducing others for theirs.

Oh and facts.

Apple iOS products often are running a recent os. Why? That Apple horrible draconian control allows them to push out updates and security fixes.

This is exactly why apple users have less issues (some, but less) than Android) In my view Apple has always provided better products right from the earliest computers through phones and tabs and it is down to the control of the OS. Remember the various versions of windows iterations. But windows PC were more predominant than apple because of cost and selling ability. Same is true now of Android phones/tabs. Problem is the update of android devices is extremely slow to non existent whereas IOS is extremely quick. Consequently it is easier for app developers to make a product that will work on IOS but much more difficult on Android due to the many versions of Android still in use.
I am an Android user. S8+ works flawlessly with DJI GO, tab a and tab s2 used to until last update now I have to go into airplane mode, close all apps, and usb debug just to be able to use dji go. This is because my tablets are on later versions of Android and for some reason I cannot easily update to latest version. Point is we tend to blame DJI when the app wont work but we should be blaming android and lack of updates.
That said I am fine with my choice to use android, it was based upon compatability and yes cost. In my household we have 4 phones, 4 tabs, and 5tvs all samsung and compatible with each other. What I see on my phone screen is the same as on my tabs and the 2 desktops I use.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl