Galaxy Tab A (2016) 7"

Reaction score
Anyone here using a Galaxy Tab A 7" (2016) with a P3S? I'm considering getting one, but I read that a few people are having problems with DJI Go 4 and the Mavic using the Galaxy Tab A 7"

But since the connection is completely different for the P3S, I was wondering if there are concerns to keep in mind. I know that an iPad mini is supposed to be a better choice, but these days you can get refurb Tab A for <$100, and there's nothing around that price in the Apple lineup, used or not

I'm using one. In fact, I just got in from a flight. Zero problems with it. I've logged over 100 flights.

BUT (There's always a but.... right?) Since this is a lower end tablet, make sure you ONLY install what is necessary for the drone. No facebook, no tapatalk, no snap chat, no Phantompilots app. Why? Since this tablet doesn't have a lot of ram, you need to keep it as free as possible. Uninstall (or disable) whatever factory crap you can. Also, I wouldn't recommend Litchi on it. Litchi is meant for high end devices. I did try it. I wasn't impressed.

Have one, works well as long as you keep it light (limit the number of apps). I actually just did a factory reset and canceled automatic upgrades, to keep it as "agile" as possible.
I also disabled (from day one) the option to locally cache the video files.

I use one with P3S, like stated above , only keep whats needed on it and it works great.

I have one and no issues, I like the outdoor feature when it comes to the brightness of the screen. I use it just for the drone and have disabled many apps, tried to root it but I had no luck, have an older Tab A and was able to root that one......odd.

Do you need Wi-Fi and cell service on the tablet in order to use things suck as the POV?

Reactions: Matts175
Thanks everyone for all the replies.

I have to decide if I want to shell out more for a used iPad Mini 2 or the Galaxy Tab A new... The main advantage of the Galaxy is that it has GPS, while the wifi-only iPad Mini 2 doesn't. But the Mini 2 has a much better resolution and probably faster processor. I kinda like Android more than i-devices, but then again some people seem to think that the DJI Go app works better on iOS...

Am i right or wrong is saying apple has multi simultaneous nic adapter access and android doesn't? so you cant live stream or grab map data whilst connect to the RC via wifi woth android, annoyingly?

I have one it works pretty good as long as I remove apps I don't use and shut down the apps I can't remove. I use it only for flying. I also use a ipad 4 mini for my Phantom 3 Pro and that thing works awesome.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl