Futaba T8J-H Setup

Reaction score
Can you export and import settings from this radio?

Can someone using this radio on a phantom export their settings to a file and another person can dump then in to their radio?

Fdnyfish said:
I'm watching videos and thet say to be in Accro mode...

Does th futaba get programmed in heli or plane mode?

Need to be programmed in plane mode

Is there a way for the futaba screen to show if you are in gps, atti or manual mode

Depending on what your switch position is

Fdnyfish said:
Is there a way for the futaba screen to show if you are in gps, atti or manual mode

Don't think so ,not noticed anything as yet, saying that was only last night I found the two timers :lol:

I guess it's case of remembering what setting your in an what toggle position you programmed it .

Fdnyfish said:

Not really.. (it would be neat if you could have the Tx on screen colors change based on what mode you're flying. kind of silly that there's an option to change the color of the Tx, but guess it helps if you have multiple Tx's laying around).

However, one way to check to see what the setting is without looking at the switch is to go into the menu's and view the "Servo" section, which will display what levels each channel is at.
not very practical, but helps when you're messing with p-curves and such.

Installed my T8J today, thanks to the great videos on YouTube,

But I have a few questions.

1, I understand if during flight you place throttle down to 0%, that the phantom will shut off and ond will come down hard.

Would you be able to restart the motors whili it is in the air to regain control?

Isn't there a way to set the sticks never to hit 0 throttle? Doing that might cause a issue where you can't start the motors right?

How about using a springged rocker switch that when flipped it starts the motors, almost like car keys. The throttle could be aLl. the way down, but don't forget, we programmed that limit to be %5

Am I thinking this thru correctly?

Fdnyfish said:
Installed my T8J today, thanks to the great videos on YouTube,

But I have a few questions.

1, I understand if during flight you place throttle down to 0%, that the phantom will shut off and ond will come down hard.

Would you be able to restart the motors whili it is in the air to regain control?

Isn't there a way to set the sticks never to hit 0 throttle? Doing that might cause a issue where you can't start the motors right?

How about using a springged rocker switch that when flipped it starts the motors, almost like car keys. The throttle could be aLl. the way down, but don't forget, we programmed that limit to be %5

Am I thinking this thru correctly?

-read the part in the manual that discusses Intelligent Mode (which you should have it set to). page 9 & 10 of the NAZA-M Quick STart Guide
if intelligent mode is on, the motors will not shut off, even if throttle is set to 0%.

you can use D/R,Expo to set the sticks so that they never hit 0% (as well as the end-points and trims), but you never wanna go there.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT