Frsky Taranis X9D Plus users, both stick return to center?

Reaction score
Hi all,

For all the X9D Plus users, I noticed that the Mode 2 controller only has the right stick with the return to center feature. I've searched online and found that its possible to modify so both can return to center on their own. Has anyone done so?
I bought an X9D Plus to use with a future 250 quad build. But I'd also like to change the Rx in my Phantom 2 to use the X9D Plus as well. (It came with an X8R Rx that I want to install in my Phantom)

Re: Frsky Taranis X9D Plus users, both stick return to cente

phenom3030 said:
Hi all,

For all the X9D Plus users, I noticed that the Mode 2 controller only has the right stick with the return to center feature. I've searched online and found that its possible to modify so both can return to center on their own. Has anyone done so?
I bought an X9D Plus to use with a future 250 quad build. But I'd also like to change the Rx in my Phantom 2 to use the X9D Plus as well. (It came with an X8R Rx that I want to install in my Phantom)

Its in the manual, open it up, and turn the mode screw - it will engage the spring.

billn said:
phenom3030 said:
Hi all,

Its in the manual, open it up, and turn the mode screw - it will engage the spring.

Yes... I've done that. I was curious if other phantom users have done so. I'm still new to other multirotor's so wasn't sure if other folks preferred only one stick returning to home automatically...

I received my Taranus XD9 Plus today. I am very pleased with everything. I prefer the left stick, in mode 2, staying where I left it. If I'm in a perfect hover, maintaining the same altitude, then I want it to remain where I put it. I know that isn't we expect from the Phantom transmitter.

But, I happen to enjoy flying other RC craft than just Phantoms. I know, I said what shouldn't be said! But, for now, until I learn the X9D, I'll be using the DJI transmitter. Plus, I need to buy more receivers, to cover all crafts. Or, I think it allows for a Futaba Fasst module. I know it accepts JR.

I've got a lot of reading to do and I hope, like the Phantom, there is a real manual!

On my QAV400 I use the Naza M V2 FC (like the Phantom) and have a Spectrum receiver. I either use my DX6
or the Taranis (with the orange module) to fly it. On the DX6 I have the spring enabled but I don't on the Taranis,
instead I have the center beep enabled so I know when I pass the center position. Most of the time I use the Taranis
without the spring, enough so that I am about to change the receiver to a FrSky and only use the Taranis.
If there was a 5.8 module I would use the Taranis with the Phantom.

Once I got use to it I don't miss the left center spring.

Is anyone using the X9D successfully on the Phanton Vision + models? Reason I ask is the Tx & Rx are 2.4 Ghz the same as the FPV system on the phantom. Just wanting to know if any problems or work arounds. Nice radio!

Txfirecop said:
Is anyone using the X9D successfully on the Phanton Vision + models? Reason I ask is the Tx & Rx are 2.4 Ghz the same as the FPV system on the phantom. Just wanting to know if any problems or work arounds. Nice radio!

You would need to make a module to plug in that had a 5.8 transmitter. I am going to look for a DJI 5.8 Tx and take it apart and see if I can make a module.

I already have modules to TacTic and Spectrum so I can use there bind and fly planes, and there is a lot of information around on how to build modules. I just need to see if I can get what I need out of the DJI Tx.

Bill

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl