FPV to Laptop

Reaction score
I would like to display the FPV on my Laptop or Surface. Anyway to do that? I feel like I may be missing something obvious lol

I just cant believe that there isnt an app capable of this. Its just sending the video over wifi. I can connect my laptop to the camera, would just need to app to display it. I am really surprised that DJI didnt write one for PC platform.

I think I have found a workaround. I installed bluestacks android emulator. I was able to install the fc40 app from the play store. I dont have the camera with me at the moment, but I will post my results when I get home.

No dice. I can connect to the cam via wifi but the app never lets me select the network. Just hourglass forever. =(

I will be trying some other android emulators in the next few days

Yep, tried this myself tonight. Hour glass forever. :(

I'd much rather use a netbook than a pad....

I feed from the output on my monitor to a Dazzle Pro HD USB cable to my MacBook Air and record it with VideoGlide. VideoGlide works with almost all dongles.

Hea? You lost me.

You feed output from what type of monitor?

Are you receiving FPV from the FC40 into a PC? Thats what they are referring to...not just watching playback.

If this thread is in a FC40 only topic I apologize. You cannot tell where the threads are located if you read them as new post.
Yes, my FPV monitor from my P2 feeds my MacBook Air and I record it on the Mac. Does the FC40 cam have an video output you can tap into?

LuvMyTJ said:
If this thread is in a FC40 only topic I apologize. You cannot tell where the threads are located if you read them as new post.
Yes, my FPV monitor from my P2 feeds my MacBook Air and I record it on the Mac. Does the FC40 cam have an video output you can tap into?

No, the FC40 cam is just wifi

OK, I have never looked an FC40 over before. Would a security cam program 'see' the signal? Many of those programs use wifi to communicate. Or there is this new cam with a built in 5.8 transmitter... http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=13043 that could possibly be an option for the adventurous.

If anyone has used software on a laptop successfully I'd be super interested in how it was done. :ugeek:

I found no mention of it on the net.

I tried 2 android emulators and they had major issues and never made the connection although the fc40xxxxx signal showed in my availible wireless connections. Something propriatary in this signal?

Here are some other ideas, but I haven't tried them:
Use the AirPlay Mirroring function of your Idevice and output to Apple TV.
Use the mini HDMI connector of your Android device and output signal to... whatever you have.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl