Fpv system and gopro 4 silver edition

Reaction score
Hello is it possible to hook up Fpv system using goggles while gopro 4 silver edition is in use on zenmuse h3-3d system?? I know u can use gopro for Fpv but I hear there's a delay and it sounds more complicated! Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Hi, welcome. First off, yes the system is designed to use the GoPro's video feed as live FPV via the H3-3D, and there is no delay. I think your confusion there is that when you're viewing the GoPro's "preview" via wifi on an app there is a delay, but that's not how FPV on a Phantom2 works. You can NOT use the Gopro's wifi during flight with a Phantom 2, the GoPro wifi and P2 remote control operate on similar frequencies. Therefore a separate 5.8Ghz FPV system must be installed.

It helps if you separate in your thoughts the parts on the Phantom, vs the parts on the ground. On the Phantom, you'll need to add an iOSD Mini (for telemetry data), a 5.8Ghz video transmitter and a matching plug and play cable (we can get into more details on this later). With that equipment installed, you're now broadcasting a live feed in the 5.8Ghz band from the Phantom.

Now on the ground, you can do whatever you want to receive the signal... a LCD screen, goggles, whatever. The main trick is to make sure you get compatible equipment. There are basically 2 main families of 5.8Ghz transmitters, and they use different frequency sets. One set is commonly referred to as FatShark/ImmersionRC , the other is referred to as Boscam/Skytech.

Since most goggles are FatShark, it makes most sense to get the ImmersionRC 600mW video transmitter for the Phantom, and then if you get a pair of goggles with a 5.8Ghz receiver built in, they should have compatible frequency sets. This is easy to verify before purchasing... when you're looking at the transmitter details it will say what channels/frequencies it sends on... and same for your goggles it should have a list of channels/frequencies it receives. Those sets should match.
Assuming you go for that IRC600 transmitter, you also need this plug and play cable to tie all the bits together. You'll probably also want to move the CAN-BUS connector from the leg of the Phantom up into the body for an "internal" iOSD Mini install since you'll have the Phantom open anyway installing everything.

you're also going to want good antennas... antennas can make or break a FPV system in terms of performance... crappy cheap antennas will have much less range than good, premium antennas.

check out the stickythread here in the FPV forum, I try to keep it up to date with the lowest prices on components such as the transmitter and iOSD
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=26413

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl