FPV Setup broken

Reaction score
Hi,

Decided to take the Phantom out for its first flight of the year. The last time I flew her was back in November.

Absolutely nothing changed since November, when it was working fine.

My FPV setup is now not working correctly, I now get video that scans up and down on my black pearl. I've fiddled with wires, unplugging and re plugging to no avail.

If you check this video out you can see the issue.

My current setup

Phantom 2
H3-3D Gimbal
32 channel Black Pearl
Nimrod TX-RX 5.8Ghz (left of black pearl)
Horizon FPV antenna 5.8Ghz Micro RHCP (right of black pearl)
Flysight TX 32 channel
IOSD Mini

Could anyone help?

Thanks,

Mal

Last edited:
Hi,

Decided to take the Phantom out for its first flight of the year. The last time I flew her was back in November.

Absolutely nothing changed since November, when it was working fine.

My FPV setup is now not working correctly, I now get video that scans up and down on my black pearl. I've fiddled with wires, unplugging and re plugging to no avail.

If you check this video out you can see the issue.

My current setup

Phantom 2
H3-3D Gimbal
32 channel Black Pearl
Nimrod TX-RX 5.8Ghz (left of black pearl)
Horizon FPV antenna 5.8Ghz Micro RHCP (right of black pearl)
Flysight TX 32 channel
IOSD Mini

Could anyone help?

Thanks,

Mal

Well it isn't broken but you have mistakenly misadjusted one of the following. Check to make sure your monitor is on band F and that both RX 1 & 2 are on the channel. If you are not sure what I mean read page 6 diversity mode. Also make sure you didn't change the band on your flysight TX.

Thanks for your reply. Both TX and RX are set to band E channel 3. This was working fine and had better results for range on this brand instead of band F.

I have tried it on band F, with the same result.

The black pearl is in diversity mode where I do get a signal like within the video. Weirdly if I swap to the RX that has the signal in this case RX2 there is just static. All bands and channels are set correctly in the settings as well.

Hi Mal

I'm new to the forum, but from your video it looks like you may have your monitor set to NTSC and your camera is transmitting a PAL signal or vice versa. Have a look at this video

It looks very similar. Just a thought

TonyM

Reactions: Stathis
TonyM your a life saver, that was the issue.

I had lent my GoPro to a friend over the festive period, they must of changed a setting on the GoPro without me realising!

Thank you for your help!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl