FPV question

Reaction score
So maybe a dumb question but I'm wondering if I could piggyback a FPV headset off of a normal tablet setup? The idea is that Id be able to fly normally using my tablet but be able to let my wife watch what's going on through a headset at the same time. Possible?

NVidia Shield is an Android based tablet and many use this tablet to fly thier Phantoms. It has an HDMI output that will connect with a mini HDMI cable to headsets (like the Headplay) or goggles (Fatsharks as long as there is an HDMI input)

It is also beneficial as the HDMI output from the NVidia Shield is noted to be a faster display output than the add on DJI HDMI board for the Phantom 3 controllers.

Ive got one for sale in the Classified Section of the forum as well...

I just bought a new iPad Air 2 so I won't be swapping devices anytime soon. So youre saying that If I do the HDMI mod to the RC I can run the tablet and goggles at the same time?

Reactions: fropleyqk
I just bought a new iPad Air 2 so I won't be swapping devices anytime soon. So youre saying that If I do the HDMI mod to the RC I can run the tablet and goggles at the same time?
That could be one of the ways to watch video on a second monitor. Alternately if you buy a travel battery/ USB based router, you can set up AirPlay too at site.

Reactions: fropleyqk
Would you not have to connect to the app on both devices? If so is that possible. I know now I can only connect to DJI GO or Litchi with one. What I would want is to use FPV goggles but be able to lift them off my eyes and be able to change modes or activate CL or HL on a tablet mounted like we all do. Is that possible with the HDMI Mod?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18