FPV Goggles For Dummies?

Reaction score
I am a newbie and no nothing about electronics. Most of the posts on this FPV forum are well educated folks adding cameras and gimbals to quads and throwing out brand names and components that I do not have a clue about. Can someone help out a real dummy looking for goggles?
I have a brand new Phantom 2 Vision +
Is there a good simple set of FPV goggles that are literally "plug and play"?
I use a old IPad for viewing now. Would goggles totally replace the IPad?
When using goggles how do you view the DJI Vision App?
Thanks...

You are correct. I had to go look up what HDMI is. Like I said in my first post I have never worked with electronics and know nothing about them. I did not grow up with computers and video games. I grew up with steam engines and Lincoln logs. :)Thanks...

Utopia Texas said:
You are correct. I had to go look up what HDMI is. Like I said in my first post I have never worked with electronics and know nothing about them. I did not grow up with computers and video games. I grew up with steam engines and Lincoln logs. :)Thanks...

You can use Zeiss cinemizer goggles with Phantom Vision+ by taking the USB output from the phone/tablet into an HDMI conversion cable and then to the glasses.

If I ever decided on anything like the Zeiss set up I'd have to upgrade the IPad I use. It is so old it only has a place to recharge and a place to plug in ear phones and nothing else. Also, my cell phone is not one of the smart phones. Well, all in all this may eventually be a excuse to upgrade to a newer IPad or newer cell phone. In the mean time I'll use my old IPad in my home made sun box in order to fly. This stuff is all really cool though technically over my head, similiar to when Al Gore invented the Internet......exciting days!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl