FPV Booster App DOUBLE Vision+ FPV Range

srchadwi said:
I have been out of town for a few weeks. You may email to the developer if any questions.

Thanks. So I don't have to go through this long thread do you have his email or is he a member of this forum?

Cheers
The email is [email protected]. I may also help to answer some non-technical questions in this forum.

So, now that you are healthy and your developer is available, could you please come back to the subject of this algorith of yours that tackles the interference?
Could your developer elaborate on that in light of what one of the people discovered in your app's code base?

I noticed you are not returning to this subject, I mean, if I was genuine and sure of my honesty, I would definitely prove those that accuse me, wrong?
Especially, that knowing, I am correct, it would not be a problem for me to prove it?

I plan to perform an interference test when I'm back in town and share a video as result. I need to find an open area with plenty of Wifi and cell phones around both repeater and aircraft to generate certain 2.4G interference. It does not need long range testing, hopefully within 200m as long as with sufficient 2.4G interference.

Bobnfla said:
srchadwi said:
Do you know if this app still boosts the range with the current firmware - 3.08?

Save your Money this App does nothing. PERIOD

This app increase the output decibel of the phantom wifi, so "this App does nothing" is a falsehood. PERIOD.

FPVflyer,

I understand a new verison fpv booster has been released for Iphone which actually is suppose to have "smart" interference correction.
Will this be added to android version for real and not just as marketing salespitch?

This "smart" feature has been pretty much come into question if you read back in this thread. This app does in fact increase range, the next version was supposed to add some nice features like network security etc. But I highly doubt that it's doing anything actively smart or employing any secret algorithms from what has been discussed here. This once active thread has all but died after the disclosure which alone speaks volumes I believe.

Not to mention the fact that the thread creator has distanced himself from the app developer with this; "I'm NOT the developer of FPV Booster though I (was) involved in most of prototype/beta testing of the app. It's the best performance booster app in the market."

I like the app, it works, I hope they continue to improve it.

Edit, Oops I go and say all that and just realized that the app was actually just updated Today (ver 2.2), they added Security, Landscape, WiFi Channel selection, and claim that it auto-adjusts (smart) TX power in flight. No description as to what is actually being done to make it smart. This is certainly a nice update!

Looking forward to trying it out and to hearing how it is performing for everyone.

victor said:
FPVflyer,

I understand a new verison fpv booster has been released for Iphone which actually is suppose to have "smart" interference correction.
Will this be added to android version for real and not just as marketing salespitch?
I'm unsure how people determine real or sales pitch. I'm a simple person, it's straightforward to me as long as I fly and test it working. If it doesn't work, either real or sales pitch makes no difference to me.

As I learnt from the developer, Normal Boost does not have interference control, while Smart Boost does. I don't have a chance yet to perform an interference test, but I think plenty of iOS pilots can test it by toggling Normal/Smart buttons.

PVFlyer said:
victor said:
FPVflyer,

I'm unsure how people determine real or sales pitch. I'm a simple person, it's straightforward to me as long as I fly and test it working. If it doesn't work, either real or sales pitch makes no difference to me.

As I learnt from the developer, Normal Boost does not have interference control, while Smart Boost does. I don't have a chance yet to perform an interference test, but I think plenty of iOS pilots can test it by toggling Normal/Smart buttons.

So you no longer are involved in testing this product before release???

RemE said:
So you no longer are involved in testing this product before release???
I came back in town last week, and was involved in later stage of testing. I did test some normal flights in semi-urban area with iOS 8.1 (iPhone 6+), latest FW 3.08 and Vision app 1.0.43. Everything seems working fine for me.

PVFlyer said:
victor said:
FPVflyer,

Thankyou for your response!

Just copy-and-paste from FPV Booster Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/fpvbooster in case some of you don't do Facebook.
------------------------------------------------------------
Final Chance ***3-Days Lowest Available Price Upgrade***

Many of Android FPV Booster (V+ Booster) V1.0 users might miss the previous ***3-Days Lowest Available Price Download*** back in September. We now offer a final chance 3-DAYS (from 2014/11/14 to 2014/11/16) period to download the app at the lowest available price of Android paid app per your country/currency (such as EUR 0.50, USD 0.99 or so). This is a one-time offer as an upgrade of V+ Booster V1.0. Grab the chance and download it now from Google Play.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... osterbasic

Hello ,

New to the vision + but not to flying them .

Anyone can confirm it working on the Vision + V(3.0) ?
Thanks,

Re: Has anyone tried the FPV booster app??

Gonefishing51077 said:
Does this app really work? Wondering if anyone has tried it.

Thanks.

Again..be more specific. There is more then one booster type apps.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka