FPV Booster App DOUBLE Vision+ FPV Range

Re: FPV Booster App DOUBLE FPV Range

Why is it so hard to just read a couple of pages back ?
We all see this the same questions over and over.

My 2 cents to put structure to these long threads is the the OP - Original Poster continues to update the first page of the thread.

then everyone coming to read just needs to see the links and latest developments on the first page of the thread.

Do you really think a new joiner is expected to read over 184 pages ???

He does update. But I bet 99% don't read the first page with updates. How about reading a page or two back ? Some of these guys ask them same question that was just answered.

if the first page is updated,,, then there is no excuse for laziness ...

the forum marks each message in the thread that you have not see since last viewing,,, so no excuse !

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=13496&start=1810
2 pages back pg182 half way down the page the question was answered.
I always read a couple of pages back when I start reading a thread if I have a question. He's not going to update the 1st page until it's released .

brorex said:
victor said:
When will version2 of this booster app be available for android phone please?
I would like to know this as well

I'll explain:
Please stop asking, because you are only minor Android users: iOs users are more important, their money are more scented, consequently they have V2 from many time ago, and now the only important thing is to give them the channel 7.
So do not peeved and wait, and do not bother with your 2 posts in the middle of the 200 speaking about of channel 7.

Thank you for all your suggestions. Updating OP is a good idea to centralize most of the key information at a glance though I have updated the lengthy OP 78 times so far mainly for iOS/Android beta testing results, FPV contest and FAQ. I understand this is a long thread and very often I couldn't (very hard) even search my own posts in the thread. I have also considered to create a Facebook page or a separate thread in this forum, but it may not help much at the end of the day.

I may need to organize the OP to make it a bit more readable and informative for easy reference, probably add a new FAQ section regarding the current development progress and upcoming plan.

Smb said:
brorex said:
victor said:

I'll explain:
Please stop asking, because you are only minor Android users: iOs users are more important, their money are more scented, consequently they have V2 from many time ago, and now the only important thing is to give them the channel 7.
So do not peeved and wait, and do not bother with your 2 posts in the middle of the 200 speaking about of channel 7.

That's why I'm on iOS, I like my money more scented :p

Smb said:
brorex said:
victor said:

I'll explain:

Firstly Sorry about me not reading back couple of pages although I did read the page before (I guess not enough) :(
Secondly where did you get that info that android users are minor? ALL of my freinds use android phones except my female freinds!
And for your info android phones are actually a little ahead in worldwide sales compared to iphones!!
example:
http://techland.time.com/2013/04/16/ios-vs-android/

My dad and mom got android phones, but they use them only as a phone, all my friends who got iphones use them more than just a phone, please compare the developers revenues between iphone and android developments and you gonna see the things in an other way.

android phones are not bad phones, but iphone users spend more money on apps, that's a fact not a judgement.

I use both my iphone an my android, but i buy more apps on my iphone because they are more reliable, and i'm sure that they work even if I got an old 4S, on my android device, not all the apps can work because of plateform fragmentation, that's why

Anyway, if developers start their development on IOS there's a reason, it's not just to be bad with android users, just think of that.

I'm sure that PVFlyer's main concern is not to make the app ready first on iOS versus Android for money reason but more because it seems to be harder to make it compatible to all Android terminals :?
Both platforms will be covered, that's the most important for me :D

philarvropagan said:
I'm sure that PVFlyer's main concern is not to make the app ready first on iOS versus Android for money reason but more because it seems to be harder to make it compatible to all Android terminals :?
Bingo!

I and just about all my freinds/colleagues use tons of apps on our android phones, probably more than the average users!
I have nothing against iphones personnally except I don't use them because working in the technical field as my career I use alot of niche apps and develop our own, so we don't have to wait for other developers or apple approval.
Having said that the dealbreaker for me not to use Iphones/Ipads for the vision+ is the huge reflection on the screens when using in outdoor daylight, Samsung have addressed this and I tested them side by side and I can confirm major difference!

philarvropagan said:
We care both iOS and Android users/pilots. We develop the FPV Booster (including beta) on iOS prior Android simply because of iOS is easier for us in terms of compatibility, reliability, testing and security. Per statistics, >95% iOS users are on the latest 7.1.x, while our Android booster app with 63% on Android 4.4 and 10-12% on Android 4.1/4.2/4.3 respectively. Android devices have wide variety with different brand, Android version, screen size/resolution, CPU/GPU and market/store, etc. FYI, >80% Android devices in China (including the largest Telco - China Mobile) do NOT pre-install Google Play store. It's much harder to develop a robust Android app across all these devices. It's no wonder the iOS DJI Vision app is more reliable, though I fly with Nexus 7 more often than iPhone 5S.

PVFlyer,
how do you find the reflection on the nexus 7 display when outside in daylight?
Iphones/Ipads are horrible!
For me one of the biggest problems for using the fpv on vision+ is by far screen reflection! (even after using a specially made sun visor)

Dev for android is a *****. iOS is easier since it's two platforms that's lot alike. I work in the tech comm business & I can tell you.
iOS folks will pay for apps more than android. The other issue is there are so many issues developing for android since after release, there are more issues due to device & os differences.

victor said:
PVFlyer,
how do you find the reflection on the nexus 7 display when outside in daylight?
Iphones/Ipads are horrible!
For me one of the biggest problems for using the fpv on vision+ is by far screen reflection! (even after using a specially made sun visor)

I made visor out of cardboard box & black rubber spray paint. The issue with going bigger screen is you'll have to have better adjusting tools/stand plus device that has good screen.
I have iPad, iPad mini, iphone, nexus7, & galaxy note8. I stopped using nexus & galaxy because they don't handle bright sunlight as well as iOS devices. If you're stuck using nexus7, I would make the visor long and keep the screen on a tripod & upright position

Onezerosix141 said:
Dev for android is a *****. iOS is easier since it's two platforms that's lot alike. I work in the tech comm business & I can tell you.
iOS folks will pay for apps more than android. The other issue is there are so many issues developing for android since after release, there are more issues due to device & os differences.

Oh yeah, I suppose must be terrible to open a telnet channel to send some command in a TCP (UDP?) connection. A lot of variables. CPU power (?). Ram (??). Screen resolution (???). Really "a *****".
So, why not start a new, harder, longer project, instead of concluding the previous one? It seems logical.

So let me get this right...we shouldn't ask about the android app but we can have a 20 post long rant about why iOS is better than android or vice versa. Cool [WHITE SMILING FACE].

victor said:
Smb said:
I'll explain:

Firstly Sorry about me not reading back couple of pages although I did read the page before (I guess not enough) :(
Secondly where did you get that info that android users are minor? ALL of my freinds use android phones except my female freinds!
And for your info android phones are actually a little ahead in worldwide sales compared to iphones!!
example:
http://techland.time.com/2013/04/16/ios-vs-android/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irony

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl