FPV Booster App DOUBLE Vision+ FPV Range

Re: FPV Booster App DOUBLE FPV Range

RemE said:
That is for adjusting the data transmission from Open Space areas to Noisy Urban enviornments, it adjusts noise rejection.
Is there a disadvantage to having the noisy urban setting all the time? Does it diminish the range in an open environment?

I see the Range Extender button on the bottom. Are you also planning to boost the signal from the Range Extender as well?

srandall25 said:
I see the Range Extender button on the bottom. Are you also planning to boost the signal from the Range Extender as well?

The Range Extender on the P2V+ is 20dBm from the factory. That is the highest setting in the other apps. Adjusting it would lower it. Looks like unless you can adjust the WiFi extender more than 20dBm, you'd want to leave it and only adjust the Phantom camera output.
http://dji.com/product/phantom-2-vision-plus/spec

What is the default dBm or power output of the Phantom camera and what does the booster app bump it up too?

Thanks!

Scott

sbarton said:
srandall25 said:

The Range Extender on the P2V+ is 20dBm from the factory. That is the highest setting in the other apps. Adjusting it would lower it. Looks like unless you can adjust the WiFi extender more than 20dBm, you'd want to leave it and only adjust the Phantom camera output.

What is the default dBm or power output of the Phantom camera and what does the booster app bump it up too?

Thanks!

Scott
According to the app developer, they are actually able to achieve farther range by decreasing the power output...

srandall25 said:
RemE said:
That is for adjusting the data transmission from Open Space areas to Noisy Urban enviornments, it adjusts noise rejection.
Is there a disadvantage to having the noisy urban setting all the time? Does it diminish the range in an open environment?
Theoretically, level-1 is for open area, level-2 is for sub-urban and level-3 is for urban area. However, interference is a bit tricky coming from both environment and your aircraft electronics. In general, level-2 is a good balance for most of the cases.

srandall25 said:
The Range Extender tab is for WPA2 Wifi encryption by entering a password to secure Wifi connection between your FPV device and repeater. It's similar to how you setup your home Wifi network security.

IMG_0757.PNG

srandall25 said:
sbarton said:
srandall25 said:

Thanks!

Scott
According to the app developer, they are actually able to achieve farther range by decreasing the power output...
TX power of current booster app V2 is the same as V1, which are both 13dBm (20mW). However, V2 equips with interference control algorithm and outperforms V1 by extra 30%-50% FPV range.

PVFlyer said:
Mori55 said:
Thanks for the answer. ! That's why I've been waiting for you App , you guys are the best at this stuff !
When we designed the Pro version, I kept in mind with a very intuitive UI and simple operation by a single click, then you are ready to take off. I know well that how we all wait impatiently for 6 satellites to lock home point.

It's very clean maybe too clean, but not that intuitive to people not on this forum. Personally I would reduce the size of the Phantom photo and add some simple text to explain things a little more;

1- I would change the Ch 7 text to read something like "Use TX Tilt Control" (Ch7). And perhaps a note that Ch7 lever kit required for the transmitter to use this feature.

2- I would label the slider "Flying Conditions (R/F Noise Conditions)"

3- Instead of 1-2-3 I would have "Open Area" - "Semi-Urban" - "Dense Urban"

Just some thoughts!

DronePilot said:
When can we expect the new pro version to be available for iOS?

Back a page or two I believe he's hoping for a week or two as a ballpark, assuming no pitfalls.

Dear PVFlyer and others,

Did you all see this on the other forum?
=========================================
I sent an email to DJI asking if they plan on making the latest DJI Vision phone app compatible with the latest Nexus 7 tablet soon? I can't use the new features like battery level
indicator, etc"

The reply I got from DJI was...

It is not recommend to use android on p2v+ app.

Thanks!

Best Regards,
Technical Support
DJI GmbH
_________

What's up with this! They don't recommend Android for the p2v+. Can anyone who has valid information speak to this?

NCAAwrestling said:
Dear PVFlyer and others,

I sent an email to DJI asking if they plan on making the latest DJI Vision phone app compatible with the latest Nexus 7 tablet soon? I can't use the new features like battery level
indicator, etc"

Thanks!

Best Regards,
Technical Support
DJI GmbH
_________

What's up with this! They don't recommend Android for the p2v+. Can anyone who has valid information speak to this?
I have been flying with Nexus 7 (both first and second generation) since P2V+ released in April. Occasionally, I also use iPhone 5S, HTC and iPad. There are a few minor issues on Android, like Distance >2km showing N/A and others reported 640x480 30fps black out or short range FPV, etc.

PVFlyer said:
I have been flying with Nexus 7 (both first and second generation) since P2V+ released in April. Occasionally, I also use iPhone 5S, HTC and iPad. There are a few minor issues on Android, like Distance >2km showing N/A and others reported 640x480 30fps black out or short range FPV, etc.

PVFlyer, I'm not a big Apple fan, but I might have to invest in a low budget iPad if it gives a significant enough improvement over my Nexus 7 2nd Generation. I use my pv2+ commercially. Do you feel the iPad is worth the additional expense over my current Nexus 7?

NCAAwrestling said:
PVFlyer said:

PVFlyer, I'm not a big Apple fan, but I might have to invest in a low budget iPad if it gives a significant enough improvement over my Nexus 7 2nd Generation. I use my pv2+ commercially. Do you feel the iPad is worth the additional expense over my current Nexus 7?
It really depends on the purpose of using? What specific problem do you have with Nexus 7?

I use Nexus 7 (Android) mainly due to I need screen recording of flight as telemetry logger without jailbreak my iPhone/iPad.

NCAAwrestling said:
Dear PVFlyer and others,

indicator, etc"

Thanks!

Best Regards,
Technical Support
DJI GmbH
_________

The DJI app works fine on my Nexus 7 (2012) version. You just need to sideload the app using this link from within your nexus web browser http://m.dji.net/djivision but first be sure to enable unknown sources in android security settings.

ToddSmi said:
You just need to sideload the app using this link from within your nexus web browser http://m.dji.net/djivision but first be sure to enable unknown sources in android security settings.

Just wanted to thank you for that link! I was sad that it wasn't natively available for the Kindle Fire.
Not quite sure how I'm going to mount this sucker, but the larger screen will be neat. (And maybe in the future I'll get something that doesn't have so much dead space (i.e. borders) on the display.)

NCAAwrestling said:
Dear PVFlyer and others,

indicator, etc"

Thanks!

Best Regards,
Technical Support
DJI GmbH
_________

Such an answer is unacceptable !
Are they so incompetent that they suddenly decide not to go further with Android !?
Do they really want most of Android users switching to other multicopter manufacturers ?
Very desapointed to read that.

I've got a Nexus 10 and so far it still works (but the radar function).
The app isn't any more available on the market for my Nexus but as I already had it, I could update by using the "check for new version" of the app.
Hope that the answer is an "unclever default one" from an incompetent guy !

philarvropagan said:
NCAAwrestling said:
Dear PVFlyer and others,

indicator, etc"

Thanks!

Best Regards,
Technical Support
DJI GmbH
_________

Such an answer is unacceptable !
Are they so incompetent that they suddenly decide not to go further with Android !?
Do they really want most of Android users switching to other multicopter manufacturers ?
Very desapointed to read that.

I've got a Nexus 10 and so far it still works (but the radar function).
The app isn't any more available on the market for my Nexus but as I already had it, I could update by using the "check for new version" of the app.
Hope that the answer is an "unclever default one" from an incompetent guy !
Android Vision app has been available for Android phone ONLY since day-one in Google Play store. For Android tablets, you may download/install the latest version at http://m.dji.net/djivision, or previous versions from http://droneslinger.com/software.html. You may need to calibrate the compass of your Android tablet for radar functioning properly.

I think the reply from Tech Support missed a key word "tablet" as "It is not recommend to use android tablet on p2v+ app."

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT