FPV Booster App DOUBLE Vision+ FPV Range

Re: FPV Booster App DOUBLE FPV Range

ResevorDG said:
Any luck on the 7tth cannel app? Any idea of a release date?

Thanks fpv
I hope we can finish the re-work of coding by the end of this week, and will start testing CH-7 next week. If everything goes fine, we will then submit to Apple/Google for approval. The difficulty is that we are seeking a very neat and high quality CH-7 software component loading & running on P2V+ memory (RAM) without copying/modifying any stock DJI files. After power cycle, all booster/CH-7 components are gone. There are various advantages of this approach.

(1) In case Wifi module malfunction (it happens so often, like black out FPV screen or connection broken) and you need to send your bird back to DJI, there is no trace left possibly void the warranty (if any).
(2) When you perform any firmware upgrade/downgrade, it will not cause any conflict or compatibility issue.
(3) It's not too easy to be copied by other clone apps.

But when we restart the phantom and turn the booster back on channel 7 will work ?

sbarton said:
Does your app boost power to just the phantom or does it also boos power to the wifi extender?
Our booster app only deals (power up and apply interference control) with P2V+ aircraft end for the time being.

Other apps claimed also boosting range extender (repeater), but they all are not working as advertised as far as I know. Don't be fooled by those misleading & not working features.

Did another test run today with the 2.4ghz FPVLR pinwheel antennas and helix disk antenna. Got 10,600 ft distance and still had full wifi bars. Unfortunately I didnt have my screen recorder running on my iphone. I have come to the realization that I need to order a transmitter tray and harness. Whenever I get out to those distances my hands go into shake mode..its actually pretty bad. LOL.

tizzl10 said:
Did another test run today with the 2.4ghz FPVLR pinwheel antennas and helix disk antenna. Got 10,600 ft distance and still had full wifi bars. Unfortunately I didnt have my screen recorder running on my iphone. I have come to the realization that I need to order a transmitter tray and harness. Whenever I get out to those distances my hands go into shake mode..its actually pretty bad. LOL.
As I recalled the FPV range contest back in June, you reached 10,840 ft. at 640x480 15fps with our booster app V1 and stock Wifi. Now you get booster V2 and FPVLR gears, you can fly longer and more reliable FPV range for sure. Importantly on FW 3.06, may need to watch out the battery level and early auto-landing issue as I mentioned earlier viewtopic.php?f=27&t=13496&start=1736.

tizzl10 said:
ya, from the moment i lose sight of the phantom, i'm in full shake mode... lol i hope this is normal. and when i lose control signal, i'm just about in heart attack mode... haha

srandall25 said:
tizzl10 said:
ya, from the moment i lose sight of the phantom, i'm in full shake mode... lol i hope this is normal. and when i lose control signal, i'm just about in heart attack mode... haha
Different cultures, different continents, different countries ... but same behaviour when about to lose connection with our sweet flying baby :D
First time I flew beyond the kilometer, my hands were shaking so much that no way to change the tilt correctly and for most of the pictures I took, I had to retry because of missing the button at the first trial :lol:
It's getting much better now !

philarvropagan said:
Different cultures, different continents, different countries ... but same behaviour when about to lose connection with our sweet flying baby :D
First time I flew beyond the kilometer, my hands were shaking so much that no way to change the tilt correctly and for most of the pictures I took, I had to retry because of missing the button at the first trial :lol:
It's getting much better now !
I used to fly many 3km+ range tests back to April since P2V+ first released with my homebrew LHCP helical, even before we invented booster app. I encountered countless times of "Phantom connection broken" or "Control Signal Lost".

For "Phantom connection broken", I usually initial RTH (avoid using Home Lock and pull back) and "try to" relax. It should regain FPV and/or telemetry within 1-2 minutes when my bird flying back a few hundred meters. I usually take over control and keep flying as usual. I don't worry too much about "Control Signal Lost" as long as I can maintain FPV and it initials RTH anyway.

If **** happens, it happens somehow regardless 3,000m or 300m away. My P2V (non-Plus) auto landed into a pond with less than 200m away and I lost it.

Mori55 said:
But when we restart the phantom and turn the booster back on channel 7 will work ?
What I meant is. There was another app that tried to initalize channel 7 that didn't work very well from what I understand ( not yours) . As soon as you powere cycled you had to go on your PC and reinialize the P2 gimbal. Which isn't very practical. Who's wants to have to carry a laptop around and do that everytime you switch battery's ? So I hope what you mean is once we power up , the only thing we have to do is turn on your booster app and channel 7 is ready to go.

PVFlyer said:
For "Phantom connection broken", I usually initial RTH (avoid using Home Lock and pull back) and "try to" relax. It should regain FPV and/or telemetry within 1-2 minutes when my bird flying back a few hundred meters. I usually take over control and keep flying as usual. I don't worry too much about "Control Signal Lost" as long as I can maintain FPV and it initials RTH anyway.

If **** happens, it happens somehow regardless 3,000m or 300m away. My P2V (non-Plus) auto landed into a pond with less than 200m away and I lost it.
Almost same operating mode for me PVFlyer,
When video connection breaks, I only fly backward until the video comes back. I never use HL (not advised at all, fly-away cases have been reported), I never make it turn back (180° yaw) as the Rx antenna should become hidden by the Phantom. Most of the time it's enough. Should I feel not confident or a bit stressed and I switch to RTH.
So far so good. I cross the fingers ... and I'm planning to invest in a Tracker ... in case of :cool:

Mori55 said:
Mori55 said:
What I meant is. There was another app that tried to initalize channel 7 that didn't work very well from what I understand ( not yours) . As soon as you powere cycled you had to go on your PC and reinialize the P2 gimbal. Which isn't very practical. Who's wants to have to carry a laptop around and do that everytime you switch battery's ? So I hope what you mean is once we power up , the only thing we have to do is turn on your booster app and channel 7 is ready to go.
I understand very well what you meant, which is basically a design flaw per my perspective. We would not even release an app like that to fool people around, if it's not practical to use for most of users.

Below are the steps to use our FPV Booster Pro:
1. One-off calibration of CH-7 (X1) channel as usual WITHOUT opening Vision NOR booster apps;
2. Repetitive steps of each flight:
- 2.1 Connect Phantom Wifi network as usual, and then open booster app;
- 2.2 Set CH-7 (On/Off) and Interference (1, 2, 3) as shown below. It should remember your last settings. You may skip this step if no change required;
- 2.3 Click BOOST button, and that's it. This is going to boost aircraft TX power, apply interference control level and switch on/off CH-7 all in one single step;
- 2.4 Open/switch to DJI Vision app and happy flying;

Booster%20Pro%20B%234.png

Thanks for the answer. ! That's why I've been waiting for you App , you guys are the best at this stuff !

RemE said:
OK, now you are teasing us!
+1 +1 +1 +1 ... You're really clever PVFlyer, we've been waiting so impatiently for it that you can set the price you want, we will buy immediately and with a big smile :lol:
My pot is wired and is just looking forward to being turned and turned again !
Please, make Xmas come before December !

That is for adjusting the data transmission from Open Space areas to Noisy Urban enviornments, it adjusts noise rejection.

Mori55 said:
Thanks for the answer. ! That's why I've been waiting for you App , you guys are the best at this stuff !
When we designed the Pro version, I kept in mind with a very intuitive UI and simple operation by a single click, then you are ready to take off. I know well that how we all wait impatiently for 6 satellites to lock home point.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT