FPV Booster App DOUBLE Vision+ FPV Range

Re: FPV Booster app DOUBLE FPV Range

OK, downgraded back to the previous version and went for a quick flight to re-test wifi range. Earlier today on the latest firmware upgrades, i was only getting about 6400 feet wifi range. Downgraded back to the previous version and went back out and although i didnt get my usual 10,000 feet range, i did get to 9800 feet distance.. so, unless it was just a fluke, something in the latest firmwares are screwing with my wifi distances. it would be nice if any of you other long distance flyers would also test your range with the latest firmwares.

FYI.. I did all of the updates and after the power cycle checked and my channel 7 Lever is still working. Looks like it still calibrated at the same levels has before. As before, when I run the app it stops working. And when I power cycle it starts working again. So no change after updates.

However I did notice one thing and I'm not sure if it's my imagination, so I'd like your input. I noticed using the app and pushing the tilt up-and-down for the camera it appeared the camera was moving much smoother than before. Has anyone else noticed this ?

I did not check whether the tool was now working as the channel 7 held its functionality and calibration.

ManuelW said:
Hey there,
i try'd the rar-tool with the new Assistant release 3.2 and can't get it work.
Is the tool not compatible with the new Assistant? Have it tested someone else?

Not sure if this will help, but I did notice on the previous version after I ran the tool and I would start the assistant the X1 calibration was not there. If I closed the assistant and restart it, often on the second restart the x1 calibration appeared.

When you say it doesn't work, after you run the tool have you checked to see if the channel 7 is working, before you do any calibration.

My levers working as yours. But when I go to set the limits , they really don't do anything , and yes I calibrated the x1 channel. I used be able to adjust the limits and tilt speed with my p2v.

Mori55 said:
My levers working as yours. But when I go to set the limits , they really don't do anything , and yes I calibrated the x1 channel. I used be able to adjust the limits and tilt speed with my p2v.

When you say you're setting the limits, are you using the calibration function or entering numerical values? If you can still enter them that is...

I see no difference in tilt performance in the app, still steppy, sometimes it travels to the end when I just tap to bump the tilt a few degrees.

What "Tool" are you referring to?

RemE said:
I see no difference in tilt performance in the app, still steppy, sometimes it travels to the end when I just tap to bump the tilt a few degrees.

Sorry... The rar tool to enable Chanel 7.

Cocoa Beach Kiter said:
RemE said:

Sorry... The rar tool to enable Chanel 7.

Also sometimes referred to as the CH 7 hack tool

Geert said:
PVFlyer said:
Unsure whether it's related to the other app as I warned you guys earlier. It probably overwrites some stock DJI wifi files.

For your information, I never installed another app.
Another app seller is not to blame. :lol:

Geert./.
Can you share what setup are you using? Did you use our booster app? What are the recent changes?

Ive never been able to go past 1000 feet distance wifi range with or without the app, maximum height also seems to be 1000ft. Im in FCC mode, checked limitations, double checked firmware, Lowest preview quality and all. Ive tried everything. Maybe its the dense trees here? these distances you guys are seeing is nowhere even close to what im seeing :/

Will the booster app work with a p2v with the re500 replaced with an re700?

Mlkdvm said:

no..the boosting doesnt occur on the extender.

Geert said:
No, I am not using any extra app, only the DJI app.
I am using a Dual band Blackhawk Micro 2.4 GHz & 5.8 GHz 12 dBi antenna from Horizon.
Before v3.04 I had full FPV at 3.2 KM, now at 1.7 KM I lost FPV.
Same setup, same spot but newer DJI firmware.

Geert./.
Sounds a bit weird. Theoretically, upgrading autopilot firmware should not affect wifi/camera FC200 firmware for FPV. We may need to perform some range tests on the new firmware 3.06. It seems affecting both unboosted and boosted FPV range.

Mlkdvm said:
We haven't tested our V+ booster on P2V with RE700. There is a chance for iOS booster V2 working slightly better on aforesaid setup due to V2 interference control algorithm.

PVFlyer said:
Geert said:
I am using a Dual band Blackhawk Micro 2.4 GHz & 5.8 GHz 12 dBi antenna from Horizon.

Geert./.
Sounds a bit weird. Theoretically, upgrading autopilot firmware should not affect wifi/camera FC200 firmware for FPV. We may need to perform some range tests on the new firmware 3.06. It seems affecting both unboosted and boosted FPV range.

this was my thinking as well, but from what i saw yesterday, 3.06 significantly reduced my wifi range.. will do more test flights tomorrow and then more tests this weekend. something funky is going on in 3.06.

smaugnaut said:
Ive never been able to go past 1000 feet distance wifi range with or without the app, maximum height also seems to be 1000ft. Im in FCC mode, checked limitations, double checked firmware, Lowest preview quality and all. Ive tried everything. Maybe its the dense trees here? these distances you guys are seeing is nowhere even close to what im seeing :/
You may check your flight path with LOS and repeater aiming angle.

tizzl10 said:
PVFlyer said:
Geert said:

Geert./.

this was my thinking as well, but from what i saw yesterday, 3.06 significantly reduced my wifi range.. will do more test flights tomorrow and then more tests this weekend. something funky is going on in 3.06.
Please share with us both unboosted and boosted range tests on 3.04 and 3.06.

[/quote]
Sounds a bit weird. Theoretically, upgrading autopilot firmware should not affect wifi/camera FC200 firmware for FPV. We may need to perform some range tests on the new firmware 3.06. It seems affecting both unboosted and boosted FPV range.[/quote]

this was my thinking as well, but from what i saw yesterday, 3.06 significantly reduced my wifi range.. will do more test flights tomorrow and then more tests this weekend. something funky is going on in 3.06.[/quote]
Please share with us both unboosted and boosted range tests on 3.04 and 3.06.[/quote]

will do this weekend.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94