FPV Booster App DOUBLE Vision+ FPV Range

Re: Vision+ Wi-Fi Booster DOUBLE FPV Range

Bought the app and tested on my P2V+.
Clear vision open field in the middle of nowhere.
Without range 250m, link break sometimes.
300m clearly the end off usable range.
350 link dead.
with the app ?
+250/300m

jadebox said:
texami said:
I assume all of us with the P2V will soon be upgrading to the new wifi transmitter offered on the P2V+.

This Booster software works with the P2V+ wifi transmitter so I would assume a P2V(with a wifi upgraded) would work the same?

Has anyone bought the wifi transmitter of a P2V+ and tried it on a P2V?

The app boosts the power of the Wi-Fi from the aircraft side, not the extender. As I understand it, the P2V's transmitter is in the camera, but the Vision+'s is in the aircraft. I don't think you can interchange the two.

-- Roger
V+ Booster app does NOT support P2V regardless which range extender RE700 (P2V+) or RE500 (P2V) you use. We have been working hard on P2V booster app, and I anticipate to start beta testing within 2 weeks..

ToThePoint said:
350 link dead.
with the app ?
+250/300m
Stock P2V+ flying 300m by FPV is a bit short range in open field. You may check whether you aim your repeater toward the aircraft properly. Anyway, the booster app should improve FPV range with extra 50%-100%.

PVFlyer said:
I think we can only put a ON/OFF switch for CH 7 lever, instead of using both app and lever concurrently.

This would be a great solution and I'm sure would satisfy the vast majority of folks, as most people don't need the tilt functionality in the app if they can use the lever. Add in the tilt toggle switch and add a few bucks to the price of the app and it is still a great bargain IMHO.

PVFlyer said:
ToThePoint said:
350 link dead.
with the app ?
+250/300m
Stock P2V+ flying 300m by FPV is a bit short range in open field. You may check whether you aim your repeater toward the aircraft properly. Anyway, the booster app should improve FPV range with extra 50%-100%.

Seen the specs. Could it be that i have a P2V range extender and not a V+ one ?

ToThePoint said:
PVFlyer said:
ToThePoint said:
350 link dead.
with the app ?
+250/300m

Just did a new test. Without +- 500m. With app +- 950 and radio still worked fine but i did return home. No risk.

ToThePoint said:
PVFlyer said:
ToThePoint said:
350 link dead.
with the app ?
+250/300m

As I recalled someone mentioned earlier P2V repeater (RE500) is not compatible with P2V+ according to DJI tech support. Why not use the stock RE700 repeater for P2V+?

PVFlyer said:
As I recalled someone mentioned earlier P2V repeater (RE500) is not compatible with P2V+ according to DJI tech support. Why not use the stock RE700 repeater for P2V+?

I flew with a guy last week, his stock P2V+ Extender failed, the shop he bought it from set him up with an RE500 and it worked fine with his Plus but we didn't test distance, the shop told him it would probably be less. But they seem to be compatible as his seems to work just fine. I can see no reason to use an RE500, unless you can't get an RE700!

ToThePoint said:
Just did a new test. Without +- 500m. With app +- 950 and radio still worked fine but i did return home. No risk.
Glad to know the booster app boosting double (maybe more if you keep pushing) FPV range for you.

Why the new test without booster app got 500m but the previous test got only 300m? What did you change? Did you change back the stock RE700 repeater for P2V+?

ToddSmi said:
PVFlyer said:
I think we can only put a ON/OFF switch for CH 7 lever, instead of using both app and lever concurrently.

This would be a great solution and I'm sure would satisfy the vast majority of folks, as most people don't need the tilt functionality in the app if they can use the lever. Add in the tilt toggle switch and add a few bucks to the price of the app and it is still a great bargain IMHO.

Agree 100%, please confirm if this is possible and if you are indeed going to do it.
Thank you

A personal record 4,600ft, stock everything. It was actually about 4,800ft, but it took me about 20 seconds to get the screenshot to work. Please add to log.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-06-07-14-13-08.png
    Screenshot_2014-06-07-14-13-08.png
    412.5 KB · Views: 370

PVFlyer said:
ToThePoint said:
Glad to know the booster app boosting double (maybe more if you keep pushing) FPV range for you.

Why the new test without booster app got 500m but the previous test got only 300m? What did you change? Did you change back the stock RE700 repeater for P2V+?

I only have 1 repeater and thats the one that came with the V+.
I don't know what was different on the last flight. It was overcast and hot.
Maybe i could go further on FPV but i halted when i noticed the system got difficulty's in providing a fluent feed.
I set that as the limit, pushing further is asking for issues.

Hovtech said:
A personal record 4,600ft, stock everything. It was actually about 4,800ft, but it took me about 20 seconds to get the screenshot to work. Please add to log.
Thanks for sharing. I have updated your record to the summary and contest of the OP. Well done! :D

First test with the app
Samsung S4, Preview quality 640 15fps
Test conducted in downtown Kuala Lumpur = Massive Interference

Without app: fpv drops at 220m
With app: fpv drops at 300m (about the same time my controller went out of range and triggered RTH)

Can't wait to try this is a rural area.

dapperdan said:
First test with the app
Samsung S4, Preview quality 640 15fps
Test conducted in downtown Kuala Lumpur = Massive Interference

Without app: fpv drops at 220m
With app: fpv drops at 300m (about the same time my controller went out of range and triggered RTH)

Can't wait to try this is a rural area.
We have been working on stage-2 booster to improve FPV performance in urban area dealing with RF noise/interference.

I have got multiple PMs regarding how to fly with Epson Moverio BT-200 glasses and V+ Booster app. I updated FAQ in the OP including the below question for easy reference.
------------------------------
Q9. Can I boost P2V+ from one device and fly FPV with another device (including Epson Moverio BT-200)?
YES. You can boost P2V+ from any iOS/Android device with V+ Booster app installed as long as the device is connecting to Phantom_XXXXXX network. Once P2V+ is boosted, you may either keep or disconnect the Wifi connection. As there is no simple way to install V+ Booster app on Moverio BT-200 for the time being, you are suggested to boost P2V+ from another iOS/Android device as a workaround.

@PVFlyer

Your app works nice thanks for that.
I just want to know if the powering up of the end transistor ( or what ever is used ) doesn't exceed its limitation.
You mention the stage 2 booster so i presume its the final stage one. And did you get its specs ?
If its in limits its a nice job, but if it is done without any knowledge on what electronic part you working on then in the long term you can damage the stage 2 booster.
Its just a concern and a question to ask.

ToThePoint said:
@PVFlyer

Your app works nice thanks for that.
I just want to know if the powering up of the end transistor ( or what ever is used ) doesn't exceed its limitation.
You mention the stage 2 booster so i presume its the final stage one. And did you get its specs ?
If its in limits its a nice job, but if it is done without any knowledge on what electronic part you working on then in the long term you can damage the stage 2 booster.
Its just a concern and a question to ask.
Don't worry, the boosted P2V+ is WAAAAAAY lower than Atheros Wifi chipset limit 500mW, as well as the 2.4G legal EIRP limit 36dBm (4W).

The released stage-1 booster is designed for flying in open area. Stage-2 booster will be focusing on urban area to deal with 2.4G RF interference. There are likely with 2-3 profiles to allow pilot selection, such as (1) Rural (2) Suburban (3) Urban. My goal is to double FPV range even in urban area, but it's tough to filter massive amount of 2.4G noise in urban area by software.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart