FPV Booster App DOUBLE Vision+ FPV Range

Re: Vision+ Wi-Fi Booster DOUBLE FPV Range

philarvropagan said:
PVFlyer said:
...One thing to be ALERTED for using home lock at such distance, the home lock command may not be reaching the aircraft. If you lost FPV and don't know the aircraft orientation, then pulling back the right stick may cause your bird flying to other direction instead of coming home. I had experienced this multiple times back to 2013 when flying P2V. Thus, I never use IOC unless I have the FPV video. Otherwise, I prefer using RTH.
Good to know :eek: Thanks.
Never faced such situation. When in RTH, I usually wait to get the bird back to sight and I switch it back to ATTI then GPS control.

PVFlyer is right !!!!!
Don't use IOC let your bird back home while you fly long distance !!!!

philarvropagan said:
PVFlyer said:
...One thing to be ALERTED for using home lock at such distance, the home lock command may not be reaching the aircraft. If you lost FPV and don't know the aircraft orientation, then pulling back the right stick may cause your bird flying to other direction instead of coming home. I had experienced this multiple times back to 2013 when flying P2V. Thus, I never use IOC unless I have the FPV video. Otherwise, I prefer using RTH.
Good to know :eek: Thanks.
Never faced such situation. When in RTH, I usually wait to get the bird back to sight and I switch it back to ATTI then GPS control.
Beware of using RTH for long range. For instance, if I lost FPV and initialized RTH at 3km away, RTH is cruising about 28km/hour, and it would take more than 6 minutes flying back. I prefer to take over control ATTI mode as long as I get FPV back, then fly back at higher speed depending on up/down wind. It may take about only 3 minutes flying back.

PVFlyer said:
Beware of using RTH for long range. For instance, if I lost FPV and initialized RTH at 3km away, RTH is cruising about 28km/hour, and it would take more than 6 minutes flying back. I prefer to take over control ATTI mode as long as I get FPV back, then fly back at higher speed depending on up/down wind. It may take about only 3 minutes flying back.
One more relevant advice to follow ;) As well for the HL, one more reason to avoid it is that, depending on the bird bearing, should it crab-steering fly backward, it doesn't go faster than an old ... crab :lol:

RemE said:
PVFlyer said:
Alib said:
got a new PB today.

but honestly don't think i want/can go any further.
control link was flicking between being in and out of range, and any slight movement of me, my controller, or heli yaw would change it.
then as soon as it started RTH, as it spun towards me, i lost FPV link.. thats a scary moment. no sight, no FPV, and no idea if you have control or not. Was just pulling back in home lock because i didnt know if it was returning to home or not.

Think thats my last long ranger ahha :p

but. 1859m recorded. i was over 1900 but didnt screen shot quick enough :p

2uete6x.png
That's a great flight with stock 5.8G antenna. I have updated your record in the contest, and you are currently ranking #5.

One thing to be ALERTED for using home lock at such distance, the home lock command may not be reaching the aircraft. If you lost FPV and don't know the aircraft orientation, then pulling back the right stick may cause your bird flying to other direction instead of coming home. I had experienced this multiple times back to 2013 when flying P2V. Thus, I never use IOC unless I have the FPV video. Otherwise, I prefer using RTH.

+2 on this, if the signal drops briefly, Home Lock and Course Lock will cancel. Use RTH when far away, until you can either see the model or have video confirmation that you are in fact returning home!

So are you saying that if you are in Home Lock, briefly loses transmitter connection..that the Home Lock mode will not automatically resume when the transmitter re-establishes it's connection? It wont default to RTH..it wont default back to Home Lock..it will just default to regular, non IOC control?

HL and CL will cancel if there is a signal dropout, and NOT re-engage.

RTH will not cancel if signal drops and is the preferred method to get the model closer to home where you can see what it's doing, then when in range, select what you want.

RemE said:

RTH will not cancel if signal drops and is the preferred method to get the model closer to home where you can see what it's doing, then when in range, select what you want.

Ok. So if a person has successfully engaged Home Lock, then loses control/transmission signal, wont the next action be for the Phantom to automatically execute RTH mode since the transmission signal was lost?

I think it would be nice if PVFlyer could give us more details about the changes this app actually do to the PV2+(without having to purchase it and sniff the outgoing connections using linux to find out the actual command sequence used...), so we can test to tweak the PV2 normal version, since we now know how to root the PV2 from another thread...Unless he really want to keep this as a commercial secret for his own profit and not share with the community, witch would be easy to understand. Or if someone could sniff the said data and share with others ;). If nobody do it i will do it and share...

Without Prejudice,

A P2V flyer that as received no awnser from messages sent to PVFlyer.

phantomguy said:
RemE said:

Ok. So if a person has successfully engaged Home Lock, then loses control/transmission signal, wont the next action be for the Phantom to automatically execute RTH mode since the transmission signal was lost?

Another question .... telemetry data, is that information sent via the FPV Channel or is that independent on the control frequency? So when you lose FPV visuals do you also lose the telemetry data?

phantomguy said:
RemE said:

Yes, RTH will kick in if the signal is lost for a while, BUT, if the signal is just briefly lost RTH will not kick in and CL/HL if in use at that time will cancel, causing the model to fly in the "normal" relation to the sticks.

Cocoa Beach Kiter said:
phantomguy said:
RemE said:

Another question .... telemetry data, is that information sent via the FPV Channel or is that independent on the control frequency? So when you lose FPV visuals do you also lose the telemetry data?

Tele data comes thru the Wi-Fi video radio, so it would go with the video usually. The streaming issues seen with 640x480 30fps have had video stream fail but the Wi-Fi remains connected and telemetry data continues.

isopro said:
I think it would be nice if PVFlyer could give us more details about the changes this app actually do to the PV2+(without having to purchase it and sniff the outgoing connections using linux to find out the actual command sequence used...), so we can test to tweak the PV2 normal version, since we now know how to root the PV2 from another thread...Unless he really want to keep this as a commercial secret for his own profit and not share with the community, witch would be easy to understand. Or if someone could sniff the said data and share with others ;). If nobody do it i will do it and share...

Without Prejudice,

A P2V flyer that as received no awnser from messages sent to PVFlyer.

The V+ and Std V probably share similar rooting commands. Since the values don't stick, I'm happy to support these guys for producing an app for us to make this easy to apply as needed. Hopefully they can enjoy a cool beverage on me for their troubles or save to buy more hardware to dig into for the good of all. It's their choice to share their scripts or not.

I'd like to chime in on this as well, because as many of us know, there are much wider applications than boosthing the TX power, not the least of which is exposing and openly transmitting the telemetry data to other devices for other applications such as antenna tracking and GPS location and logging.

That being said, I certainly understand the need to keep information and methods under the proverbial hat, but the way this is going, somebody else is going to make an effort to open it up to the community one way if the other, and once that's done, the booster app will not be alone. My suggestion would be that FPVFlyer get on top of these ideas/requests and at least consider providing some utility functions in the app that can be queried either via wifi or bluetooth. The more the app does, and the better it does it, the longer the thing will remain relevent. It's a great product, and the most worthwhile and affordable investment I've made in this hobby, but if it doesn't do more, sombody is going to come along and steal its thunder.

You are right and i agree RemE. But there is no such app for the P2V and we have access to the Root of the Camera, extender, ect allready...Also from the point of view of someone knowing basics of scripting and Linux...
Telling some details about the way this affect the P2V+ without sharing the way to "Hack" into it would in no way hurt their script for P2V+ and would help the P2V community a lot, because as i said before there is no such app available at the moment for the P2V...I really like the work he as done for the P2V and P2V+ community, but i also believe that the commands used should be open sourced to everyone with the skills to test on the P2V, because now we can...

Edit : i would of sniff that data using my Live DvD and shared allready to the community ;), but i lack the 8.99 on itunes store until tomorrow lol.

isopro said:
... i also believe that the commands used should be open sourced to everyone with the skills to test on the P2V, ...
There are two primary business models: Open and Closed Source (aka know-how).

We all bought into the concept of Closed Source DJI hardware/firmware (for the most part).

Perhaps once the developer has a good break, he will pursue the older Vision Model.

In the mean time, there are lots of other brains out there to pursue Free Enterprise (not to be confused with the modern form of capitalism).

Thank you all for your patient on waiting original P2V booster app. My developer buddy is working hard for weeks on resolving some technical issues on P2V booster. It's way more complicated than some of you guys (so call IT savvy) imagination by loading scripts to Linux/OpenWrt and boost the TX power. It involves loading some custom C libraries to change underlay protocols.

Boosting TX power approach does NOT work well on P2V, maybe improve FPV range from 400m to 500m if you know the way to do that, but with a lot of side effects. Adding TX power and/or high gain antennas are traditional/analogue ways dealing with RF, but we don't go down to that path. In fact, we LOWER the TX power substantially on P2V booster app and achieved extra 100% FPV range per our preliminary testing. Stay tuned!

PVFlyer said:
Thank you all for your patient on waiting original P2V booster app. My developer buddy is working hard for weeks on resolving some technical issues on P2V booster. It's way more complicated than some of you guys (so call IT savvy) imagination by loading scripts to Linux/OpenWrt and boost the TX power. It involves loading some custom C libraries to change underlay protocols.

Boosting TX power approach does NOT work well on P2V, maybe improve FPV range from 400m to 500m if you know the way to do that, but with a lot of side effects. Adding TX power and/or high gain antennas are traditional/analogue ways dealing with RF, but we don't go down to that path. In fact, we LOWER the TX power substantially on P2V booster app and achieved extra 100% FPV range per our preliminary testing. Stay tuned!

I love it! I have bought the app for both my droid and apple devices for V+. Will add the app for my P2V once released. Happy to support folks that are making cool products in the RC aerial space at reasonable prices. If someone else thinks they can do it better or cheaper, no one is stopping them, but for now PVFlyer's friend is the only one to have "cracked" the code and they deserve some recognition and financial benefit for their efforts! Now if someone can figure out a software solution to the 7th channel control, I predict that will be very popular as well. The hardware solution from droneexpert looks to be about $140 so app developers are really a bargain! http://dronexpert.nl/product/pre-order- ... no-slider/

PVFlyer said:

+1 this.

Are you still going to increase the preview quality?

mr_3_0_5 said:
Are you still going to increase the preview quality?
If that could be pulled off then the P2V+ begins to have real commercial market value.

that is.. if you are out flying to inspect ground assets in real time, then you need the best realtime video downlink possible. Waiting to view the on-drone recording has little value in that scenario.

Or, will DJI try to keep that as a DJI LightBridge feature? (if they were more forward looking, they would try to enable the P2V+ with even more higher resolution for realtime viewing (aka preview... whatever).

ToddSmi said:
PVFlyer said:

I love it! I have bought the app for both my droid and apple devices for V+. Will add the app for my P2V once released. Happy to support folks that are making cool products in the RC aerial space at reasonable prices. If someone else thinks they can do it better or cheaper, no one is stopping them, but for now PVFlyer's friend is the only one to have "cracked" the code and they deserve some recognition and financial benefit for their efforts! Now if someone can figure out a software solution to the 7th channel control, I predict that will be very popular as well. The hardware solution from droneexpert looks to be about $140 so app developers are really a bargain! http://dronexpert.nl/product/pre-order- ... no-slider/
Thanks a lot for your support. Can you also post a review to Google Pay and App Store?

We plan to add CH 7 control to stage-2 of booster app, if feasible. Had a quick thought of it and should be doable. There are so many items in our to-do-list, and need to prioritize them.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ODIN Reviews