FPV Booster App DOUBLE Vision+ FPV Range

Re: Vision+ Wi-Fi Booster DOUBLE FPV Range

Just come over from rcgroups, any update on the app for the vision?
Cheers Alan

Petereesha said:
Is the "stock" booster the same on both the P2V & the P2V+ ? I have an antenna mod on my P2V and will be receiving the + tomorrow. Can I just switch out the booster? Will the booster App still work?
Unsure what you meant "stock" booster. This booster app ONLY supports P2V+ and does NOT support P2V. Once you get the P2V+, you may use the booster app to boost P2V+ aircraft.

Petereesha said:
Is the "stock" booster the same on both the P2V & the P2V+ ? I have an antenna mod on my P2V and will be receiving the + tomorrow. Can I just switch out the booster? Will the booster App still work?

I think you can use the Wi-Fi extender from a Vision+ with an original P2V. But, this app boosts the power from the Wi-Fi transmitter in the aircraft, not the extender. So, you won't be able to use the app with the P2V even if you swapped out the extender.

-- Roger

Hi PVFlyer,

I used 640x480@15 fps. And you're right the wifi BOOSTER is on... :mrgreen:

640 x 15 preview quality

10840 feet
Stock vision+
Stock range extender
5.8ghz patch antenna
Sunhans 5.8ghz amplifier
Vision+ wifi booster app (iphone)

video coming soon!

Attachments

• 640x15.jpg
    640x15.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 263
  • 10840.jpg
    10840.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 308

tizzl10 said:
640 x 15 preview quality

10840 feet
Stock vision+
Stock range extender
5.8ghz patch antenna
Sunhans 5.8ghz amplifier
Vision+ wifi booster app (iphone)

video coming soon!
Great job 10,000ft again, but this is crazy 640x480@15fps. Incredible :eek: Will update your record accordingly.

This is about Phantom 2 Vision (Non-plus) might also work on the Plus version.

- To connect to the repeater, you can ssh [email protected] or go to http://192.168.1.2 and for both the root password is "19881209".

So i went into the options and noticed there was a option to change the dBm setting of the Wifi to 27 dBm but it show as :

Mode: Client | SSID: FC200_008fa8
BSSID: 60:60:1Fhidden) | Encryption: None
Channel: 1 (2.412 GHz) | Tx-Power: 20 dBm
Signal: -28 dBm | Noise: -95 dBm
Bitrate: 86.7 Mbit/s | Country: US

So after further testing i noticed that if i change the country code in the advanced options to "BO" after applying the changes it shows as :

Channel: 1 (2.412 GHz) | Tx-Power: 27 dBm
Signal: -35 dBm | Noise: -95 dBm
Bitrate: | Country: BO

But if i reboot the Phantom after reboot the country code don't get reset but the dBm info go back to 20 looking something like this :

I tryed applying a dBm change again but it stayed at 20, then i tested to change back to US country code and it worked :

Bitrate: | Country: US

Now it is raining here, so i can't go out and test if this really affect the range, i also wonder how i could make this change permanent or a simple script to click in order to apply it from my iphone as soon as i connect to the repeater if it does increase the range.

Could someone here go test if this really increase the range and post his results and opinion here or by private msg,

Thank you

isopro said:

- To connect to the repeater, you can ssh [email protected] or go to http://192.168.1.2 and for both the root password is "19881209".

So i went into the options and noticed there was a option to change the dBm setting of the Wifi to 27 dBm but it show as :

So after further testing i noticed that if i change the country code in the advanced options to "BO" after applying the changes it shows as :

But if i reboot the Phantom after reboot the country code don't get reset but the dBm info go back to 20 looking something like this :

I tryed applying a dBm change again but it stayed at 20, then i tested to change back to US country code and it worked :

Now it is raining here, so i can't go out and test if this really affect the range, i also wonder how i could make this change permanent or a simple script to click in order to apply it from my iphone as soon as i connect to the repeater if it does increase the range.

Could someone here go test if this really increase the range and post his results and opinion here or by private msg,

Thank you
There are a few concerns on such over-power 27 dBm (500mW) setting below:
- Generate a LOT of RF noise;
- Over heat Wifi module (may even burn out without proper cooling) regardless running it on aircraft or repeater;
- Drain the battery regardless running it on aircraft or repeater;
- I expect boosting less than 50% range on P2V;

Please report back your results on P2V.

isopro said:

Thank you

hmm..just tried to use winscp to ssh into the repeater but it didn't work on my plus.. let me try my vision.

isopro said:

Thank you

what are you using to ssh into the repeater?

To Tony:

中國人的傳統就是在端午節的時候要嘿咻嘿咻 :lol: :lol: :lol:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ebcbmr4OFHU[/youtube]

tizzl10 said:
isopro said:

Thank you

what are you using to ssh into the repeater?

I was on that 27 dBm setting for over an hour with the Phantom on my desk, when i came back i did notice that the antenna side of the Phantom and range extender was a little warm to the touch, but no other issue noticed yet since it will be raining here for at least 2 more days the meteo say so i can't do any outdoor tests.
And to ssh into the repeater i was on my Windows computer and used WinSCP to connect to the Phantom : [email protected] default ssh port, and same password, then you open the ssh command window and you can send commands.

The extender normally gets warm to the touch after running a while.

I had asked before if the Vision and Vision Plus use the same Wifi transmission, are they interchangeable? I haven't seen any word that they are.

This weekend I flew with two new flyers at a park. One had a Vision Plus, his extender had failed and his dealer did not have another to give him so he used a Vision "Classic" extender until he can get the part. The Vision Extender seems to work fine on the Vision Plus, probably has less range but this guy is a complete newbie and stays somewhat close, under 100m.

I got my Epson Moverio BT-200 glasses today, and just want to report that the booster app loaded fine on the device. I haven't tried it yet, but I'm 99% sure it will work, so no need to load the app on the cell phone and switch to the Moverio.... NICE :mrgreen:

dannytroy said:
I got my Epson Moverio BT-200 glasses today, and just want to report that the booster app loaded fine on the device. I haven't tried it yet, but I'm 99% sure it will work, so no need to load the app on the cell phone and switch to the Moverio.... NICE :mrgreen:

Just got mine today as well and could also use a tip on how to load the booster app to them without having to root them.

Also, do any of you know if they will charge when off, can the unit be charged with it off and disconnected from the goggles? Mine does not blink when connected to the charger (micro USB).

It does blink and show that it's charging if powered on and looking at the lower right corner of the display.

RemE said:
dannytroy said:

Just got mine today as well and could also use a tip on how to load the booster app to them without having to root them.

Also, do any of you know if they will charge when off, can the unit be charged with it off and disconnected from the goggles? Mine does not blink when connected to the charger (micro USB).

It does blink and show that it's charging if powered on and looking at the lower right corner of the display.
I'm a bit of a computer geek, and it even took me a while to figure it out. I didn't realize that the program on the desktop, SEV I think it's called, is a file browser. You need to load the APK files onto the device by plugging the USB into your computer, and copying the APK files to your microSD card. You could probably also copy to one of the folders on the device, such as the download folder, in case you don't have an SD card to install. Once the APK file is on the device, open the SEV file browser and find the file. Hold your finger the file name on the track-pad until a menu comes up. One selection will be "install". Sure glad they included that browser, or it would have been a lot harder to sideload anything on. BTW, I can confirm, as others have said, the Google Play Store will load on the device, but crashes when trying to open it.

The APK file you need is located here: http://droneslinger.com/software.html

As far as the charging, thanks for asking about that, cause I just tried them, after having them on charge for some time. Sure enough, while off and with the glasses unplugged it wasn't charging. Interesting quirk.

UPDATE....and sorry this is getting off topic. The glasses do charge when off, even when the glasses are unplugged, but you must use their power adapter. I tried it with a standard USB adapter, and it was only charging when powered on...weird!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT