FPV Booster App DOUBLE Vision+ FPV Range

Re: Vision+ Wi-Fi Booster DOUBLE FPV Range

Loaded the Booster into my GS4. Sorry I couldn't get screenshot to work on my Razr Maxx.

Unboosted 300ft up got to 1069 ft.

Boosted 300ft up got to 2009ft distance!

Question, do you have to boost the phone everytime you turn it on or is just once good forever?

Hovtech said:
Loaded the Booster into my GS4. Sorry I couldn't get screenshot to work on my Razr Maxx.

Question, do you have to boost the phone everytime you turn it on or is just once good forever?

according to the app instructions, every time.

PVFlyer said:
cougar said:
@FPV Flyer

Thank you very much for an excellent app!
Is there any chance your friend can incorporate an unlock of the channel 7 feature for the tilt function of the camera?
Potentiometer works fine before opening the DJI app so something is disabling the function as soon as the DJI app starts.
Thank you for any help/insight.
We will take a look on this. Seems DJI purposely disable channel-7 lever upon opening Vision app to avoid conflict of tilting between 2 controls.

Very nice of you guys!
If booth controls can't be used at the same time (DJI app and the lever function) it would be great if there would be a way to choose one or the other.

Please keep us posted, a lot of people seems to be looking for this since the control from the app is not very good.

doug86 said:
Hovtech said:

according to the app instructions, every time.

Thank you, but where do you find the instructions?

Hovtech said:
Thank you, but where do you find the instructions?

On the App Store, where you paid for the app.

Thanks for that, that's why I didn't see it. I just clicked on the link sent to me and it d/l'd from the link. You must have gotten it from Apple Store.

Bigbells said:
OK, maybe I should start a new thread, but I'm getting this to increase my RC distance and I don't know how to install it. What do I need in addition to the panel? Do I need to remove the existing vertical antenna on the RC? How do I install it?
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JIK ... UTF8&psc=1
Any way to avoid soldering?

Just fair warning... If you know this little about how to do these things... you should back down for a bit and do some research so you don't break anything...

You need to do this to your remote so you can plug in your new antenna...
No soldering involved with any of the phantom antenna upgrades anyway so no worries...
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ne17I6RtRQ[/youtube]

Second flight results are in:

Verizon Samsung GS4
Urban Flight in Orlando, FL - Heavy Commercial Area with lots of power lines/other interference
Preview Settings: 640X480 15fps
Flight 1 with boost off at approx altitude of 300 ft: 1900 feet
Flight 2 with boost on at approx altitude of 300 ft: 2650 feet

Total gain in FPV range: 39.5%

OK here are my test results:

In higly urban area, i used to get 550 meters distance in one particular location(120 meters high). Now i reached 800-830 meters!(lost video link and control link at the same time, triggering rth). That's a great improvement for an urban area, it was on 640x480 15 fps.

Next i tested just pure altitude. Before i only got about 300 meters high, this time i reached just a little over 400 meters(triggered RTH and lost video). Quite impressive i might add!

There is a rural location that I've tested before and got the advertised 700 meters without the range extender app. Sadly It's a bit far and I'm not sure when I'll get there. I might go there this weekend, but that all depends on several personal factors. If I will go there, i will report back with results next monday.

The device was a Nexus 5(best android phone :p) with 4.4.2. Completly stock Phantom 2 Vision setup.

Thanks for the opportunity!

Android SW Booster Test .

H/W booster:Sunhans 5.8G 1W & 2.4G 2.5W on RC
Antenna:
FPVLR RHCP 5.8 GHz Pentalobe V.2 1.9dbi on plane
FPVLR RHCP 5.8 GHZ 8 turns Helical on RC
FPVLR LHCP 6.5 Turns 12.9dBi Helical on RC

Nexus7 2013 640@15fps

See my post. viewtopic.php?f=27&t=15660

Mission 1 :HW booster on SW booster off, against the wind take off follow the wind back home.
about 9000ft
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bqrJr0cR4U[/youtube]

Mission 2 :HW booster on SW booster on, against the wind take off follow the wind back home.
about 11600ft :twisted:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZXpw3c6Vks[/youtube]

Vortex66 said:
OK here are my test results:

In higly urban area, i used to get 550 meters distance in one particular location(120 meters high). Now i reached 800-830 meters!(lost video link and control link at the same time, triggering rth). That's a great improvement for an urban area, it was on 640x480 15 fps.

Next i tested just pure altitude. Before i only got about 300 meters high, this time i reached just a little over 400 meters(triggered RTH and lost video). Quite impressive i might add!

There is a rural location that I've tested before and got the advertised 700 meters without the range extender app. Sadly It's a bit far and I'm not sure when I'll get there. I might go there this weekend, but that all depends on several personal factors. If I will go there, i will report back with results next monday.

The device was a Nexus 5(best android phone :p) with 4.4.2. Completly stock Phantom 2 Vision setup.

Thanks for the opportunity!
Thanks for sharing your result. You may expect farther FPV range gain in rural area. For altitude test, you may need to aim the repeater (flat surface) toward your bird.

Hovtech said:

Thanks for sharing the result. May I know the preview quality and Wifi density of your test area?

You may refer to FAQ section in the first post for details of the app.

LMC said:

Antenna:

Nexus7 2013 640@15fps

Mission 1 :HW booster on SW booster off, against the wind take off follow the wind back home.
about 9000ft

Mission 2 :HW booster on SW booster on, against the wind take off follow the wind back home.

Nice vid... almost 50mph the whole way back... wow... may I ask what method you use to recover from the RTH? I know going to ATT mode will break the RTH but do you move S1 to ATT then quickly back to GPS? I was also curious if simply moving S2 to 'Home Lock' would break the RTH (assuming you're now in range)...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ex-mnkJkyc[/youtube]

beta Android wifi booster app
5364 feet distance then lost 5.8ghz control.

also first flight with the flytrex core 2 and dashware telemetry overlay.

tizzl10 said:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ex-mnkJkyc[/youtube]

beta Android wifi booster app
5364 feet distance then lost 5.8ghz control.

also first flight with the flytrex core 2 and dashware telemetry overlay.
Dude, that's sweet... may i ask what program/method you use to overlay your flytrex data with your video?

srandall25 said:
LMC said:

Antenna:

Nexus7 2013 640@15fps

about 9000ft

Nice vid... almost 50mph the whole way back... wow... may I ask what method you use to recover from the RTH? I know going to ATT mode will break the RTH but do you move S1 to ATT then quickly back to GPS? I was also curious if simply moving S2 to 'Home Lock' would break the RTH (assuming you're now in range)...

50mph was in ATT mode :D GPS mode can't fly that speed. :twisted:

LMC said:

Antenna:

Nexus7 2013 640@15fps

about 9000ft

Thanks Jason for sharing. Can you further share the results to our Chinese friends?

PVFlyer said:
LMC said:

Antenna:

Nexus7 2013 640@15fps

about 9000ft

Thanks Jason for sharing. Can you further share the results to our Chinese friends?

Why not ? :lol:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18