The weather still has me not testing yet but I will as soon as the rain stops
Thanks again

Re: Vision+ Wi-Fi Booster DOUBLE FPV Range

mr_3_0_5 said:
I would jailbreak mine if that was the only way
This looks like bad news.
The weather still has me not testing yet but I will as soon as the rain stops
Thanks again
Yes, offering the app in the jailbreak community would appease a number of folks and also get it that much more exposure & testing before it can be finally approved for the Apple store. Also, there is no guarantee that Apple will approve such an app, but assuming they do, it takes time... much more time than uploading it into Cydia which has virtually no red tape..

Sound to me like there trying to get a free vision plus out of the deal :shock:

PVFlyer said:
gfredrone said:
Set up a paypal or whatever and charge to have UDID's entered into the app. Will this route work?
This was a plan B in my mind, but really don't want to proceed into such path. It will involve building a website and other operational overheads. However, we don't want to upset iDevice users.

why not try the kickstarter?

Apple wants them to send in a pv2 plus for testing
You think they will send it back?
Thats how they are trying to get a fee plus

mr_3_0_5 said:
Apple wants them to send in a pv2 plus for testing
You think they will send it back?
Thats how they are trying to get a fee plus

Don't think so. Think this is much more in relation to regulations etc. Remember this thing is approved by authorities and if modified it no longer are legit. Big lawsuits can easy happen and don't think Apple would like that.
Especially with all the press "drones" have had lately.
Just my 2 cents.

wxgbocog said:
Why kickstarter? I don't need money to fund the project nor I want to make money from this app. I don't need/expect to get paid anyway.

I like to push stock (un-modded) Vision/Vision+ aircraft to their limits with great FPV experience. I do this app for fun, passion and achievement in order to benefit all Vision+ pilots. I design this booster app with various Wifi RF, TCPIP network bandwidth and SNR calculations as well as some tweaks and protocol hacks. My friend has been spending countless hours & evenings since Feb. helping me to implement this without asking a penny. I promised to front this app as a token of appreciation if he's willing to release it to public. Hopefully the app can also fund him to buy a few second hand Vision and Vision+ for development and testing. He does not own Vision+, and his P2V sent back to DJI fixing the camera weeks ago without returning back.

We both have a long list of enhancements for this app, and hope to get all of them done one-by-one.

PVFlyer said:
wxgbocog said:
Why kickstarter? I don't need money to fund the project nor I want to make money from this app. I don't need/expect to get paid anyway.

I like to push stock (un-modded) Vision/Vision+ aircraft to their limits with great FPV experience. I do this app for fun, passion and achievement in order to benefit all Vision+ pilots. I design this booster app with various Wifi RF, TCPIP network bandwidth and SNR calculations as well as some tweaks and protocol hacks. My friend has been spending countless hours & evenings since Feb. helping me to implement this without asking a penny. I promised to front this app as a token of appreciation if he's willing to release it to public. Hopefully the app can also fund him to buy a few second hand Vision and Vision+ for development and testing. He does not own Vision+, and his P2V sent back to DJI fixing the camera weeks ago without returning back.

We both have a long list of enhancements for this app, and hope to get all of them done one-by-one.

I mean with kickstarter we can fund you and ur friend to get the Vision plus and sent it to apple, so that you can solve the prob.

After my personal testing, i am certain that i want this app. My opinion:

If apple approval turns out to be too onerous, as an ios user, i'd prefer to purchase an android device than jail break my ios device

mem_ny said:

If apple approval turns out to be too onerous, as an ios user, i'd prefer to purchase an android device than jail break my ios device
Thanks for your opinion. Android version is on the way. We target the Android one being available in a week or so.

PVFlyer said:
mem_ny said:

Thanks for your opinion. Android version is on the way. We target the Android one being available in a week or so.

Awesome news PVFlyer, can't wait to give this a try.

D

PVFlyer said:
mem_ny said:

great news, flyer. looking forward to it. thanks for your hard work..let your dev buddy know we appreciate this work.

I have a question: this software increase the power of the WiFi extender or radio controller?
The stock P2V+ usually disconnects first from radio controller or first from wifi extender?
If we power-up only one of the 2 connections, the other one is good enough to gain benefits from the powered-up one?

Well i'm never going to buy a android device and especially not for just for one app.

heres a vid i made useing the booster :p

[vimeo]95495983[/vimeo]

i purchased a refurbished Nexus 7 primarily just for the larger screen to use with the Phantom. This app will be a nice additional bonus.

Smb said:
I have a question: this software increase the power of the WiFi extender or radio controller?
The stock P2V+ usually disconnects first from radio controller or first from wifi extender?
If we power-up only one of the 2 connections, the other one is good enough to gain benefits from the powered-up one?
In general speaking, 2.4G Wifi video link is usually weaker/shorter range than 5.8G control link. This software booster improves the 2.4G Wifi only, and there is nothing to do on 5.8G. Once we boost 2.4G Wifi, then 5.8G turns to weaker link. :lol:

The current stage-1 booster only enhances the Vision+ aircraft end, which is the most difficult part to implement but the most efficient way to improve the range. In stage-2, we will further boost Wifi repeater end.

Cant wait for the android version to come out. If you need a beta tester for it, please let me know.

Its funny to hear all the IOS guys and their talk...... After owning 6 IOS devices (every Iphone except the 5S) I went to the dark side with an android. After owning 3 android devices (Galaxy Note 2, S4, S5) I will NEVER go back to IOS. No need for jailbreak to get good stuff. it comes like that already.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94