FPV Booster App DOUBLE Vision+ FPV Range

Re: Vision+ Wi-Fi Booster DOUBLE FPV Range

borgqueenx said:
tizzl10 said:
tizzl10 said:
ahhh man, this sucks.. OK, so they what exactly are they asking for? they want the phantom itself?

ok plan B..why wont you guys just set up a website and sell the app on a per device UDID authorized basis. Users will pay for the app, send you their UDID just like you did with the betas.
Nope. There is a limit in maximal testers and there is a expiration date i think.

Just zip the compiled build and look on google how to make it a .deb to get into cydia. It will take your friend 1 hour and all jailbroken ios users can then download it. I can host the file if you want.

yeah, that is an option but how many jailbroken iphone Vision+ owners do you think there are? probably not many lol..there has to be a better solution.

tizzl10 said:
tizzl10 said:
ahhh man, this sucks.. OK, so they what exactly are they asking for? they want the phantom itself?

ok plan B..why wont you guys just set up a website and sell the app on a per device UDID authorized basis. Users will pay for the app, send you their UDID just like you did with the betas.
Thanks a lot for your (and LMC's Chinese) suggestion, but it's not a viable way unfortunately. For beta version, we compiled UDID into ad-hoc build, and the process is fairly time consuming. Furthermore, each developer account has very limited UDID quota (can't remember 100 or 200) among all his/her apps. It's hard to justify for a developer keep compiling ad-hoc build for a few bucks each.

There are only less than 10% (maybe 5%) iDevice with iOS7 are jailbroken. Thus, putting the app in Cydia store could not benefit to the majority pilots.

Obviously, sending over a Vision+ aircraft to Apple is not practical either. Right now, I suggested my friend to make a video with my Vision+/RE700 to explain how the app works step-by-step. I also used your Youtube video (5,600ft FPV range) and DJI stock specification to prove the app really boosting >100% video range though we only claimed additional 50%-100% in the description. I also quoted this thread as supporting.

Let's see how it goes. Dealing with Apple is never easy.

PVFlyer said:
tizzl10 said:
tizzl10 said:

Thanks a lot for your (and LMC's Chinese) suggestion, but it's not a viable way unfortunately. For beta version, we compiled UDID into ad-hoc build, and the process is fairly time consuming. Furthermore, each developer account has very limited UDID quota (can't remember 100 or 200) among all his/her apps. It's hard to justify for a developer keep compiling ad-hoc build for a few bucks each.

There are only less than 10% (maybe 5%) iDevice with iOS7 are jailbroken. Thus, putting the app in Cydia store could not benefit to the majority pilots.

Obviously, sending over a Vision+ aircraft is not practical. Right now, I suggested my friend to make a video with my Vision+/RE700 to explain how the app works step-by-step. I also used your Youtube video (5,600ft FPV range) and DJI stock specification to prove the app really boosting >100% video range though we only claimed additional 50%-100% in the description. I also quoted this thread as supporting.

oh man this sucks..ok can you guys just send the vision+ to them? how about we as a collective group all pitch in to purchase one and send it to apple? im willing to pitch in to help get this app available.

here's another thought.. I have an extra regular PV2 phantom vision. Can you guys build the app that boosts both the PV2 and the plus and I will send them mine on your behalf?

tizzl10 said:
oh man this sucks..ok can you guys just send the vision+ to them? how about we as a collective group all pitch in to purchase one and send it to apple? im willing to pitch in to help get this app available.

Sending a Vision+ (or RF hardware) to Apple will need to deal with customs and FCC regulations/forms as Apple stated below. It's a no go I'm afraid.

------------------------------
IMPORTANT: for non-US Developers

To avoid delays with US Customs, please provide the following information with your shipment (required for all radio-frequency devices imported in the US):

- Description of the equipment
- Quantity
- Device Model/Type Name or Number
- FCC ID
- Original Manufacturer's Name and Address

Please use FCC form 740 for details on how to provide this information.

Remember:

* A separate FCC Form 740 must be used for each different radio-frequency device or component in the shipment; however, a form is not required for subassemblies, parts, or components of radio-frequency devices.

* The form may be completed by the shipper or recipient, but if the form is not sent with the original shipping documents by the shipper, the shipment may be delayed in customs.

* Ensure all serial and ID numbers are available as well as the name and address of the original manufacturer.

The FFC form 740 can be found at: http://transition.fcc.gov/Forms/Form740/740.pdf

tizzl10 said:
here's another thought.. I have an extra regular PV2 phantom vision. Can you guys build the app that boosts both the PV2 and the plus and I will send them mine on your behalf?
It may get even worse in long run as we will need to update the app and get Apple's approval regularly. It's almost impossible to keep sending Vision/Vision+ back-and-forth for each update.

PVFlyer said:
tizzl10 said:
It may get even worse in long run as we will need to update the app and get Apple's approval regularly. It's almost impossible to keep sending Vision/Vision+ back-and-forth for each update.

wow. what a pain in the ***..ok on to android side then!

umm..there is a plan to move this on the android side, right? please don't abandon this venture!

tizzl10 said:

umm..there is a plan to move this on the android side, right? please don't abandon this venture!
Yes, we are working on Android side, but reliable Android coding is a lot more difficult than we thought in order to support various Android versions & devices.

For iOS Vision app, I do feel DJI's pain. The new version is still unavailable lagging behind multiple Android versions.

PVFlyer said:
tizzl10 said:

Yes, we are working on Android side, but reliable Android coding is a lot more difficult than we thought in order to support various Android versions & devices.

For iOS Vision app, I do feel DJI's pain. The new version is still unavailable lagging behind multiple Android versions.

alright, if you guys need any help please let me know.

Set up a paypal or whatever and charge to have UDID's entered into the app. Will this route work?

gfredrone said:
Set up a paypal or whatever and charge to have UDID's entered into the app. Will this route work?

already discussed..read earlier pages.

I'm too lazy :lol:

I'm working on getting a plus so will be able to use my beta version to post some numbers soon.

gfredrone said:
This was a plan B in my mind, but really don't want to proceed into such path. It will involve building a website and other operational overheads. However, we don't want to upset iDevice users.

PVFlyer said:
gfredrone said:
This was a plan B in my mind, but really don't want to proceed into such path. It will involve building a website and other operational overheads. However, we don't want to upset iDevice users.

hey, do you know when the beta expires?

PVFlyer said:
gfredrone said:
so no cydia as plan B...
Then no iOS app i guess for the upcoming time.
Thanks anyway ^^

PVFlyer said:
tizzl10 said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGOfdoIKUKg

lol wife kept calling me during my flight..
Nice video. :) Seems some 2.4G noise/interference around 4,300-4,800ft in both forward/return path.

yeah I don't know what that was all about.

PVFlyer said:
tizzl10 said:
tizzl10 said:

Obviously, sending over a Vision+ aircraft to Apple is not practical either. Right now, I suggested my friend to make a video with my Vision+/RE700 to explain how the app works step-by-step. I also used your Youtube video (5,600ft FPV range) and DJI stock specification to prove the app really boosting >100% video range though we only claimed additional 50%-100% in the description. I also quoted this thread as supporting.

I see this now...
Well, if 10% is jailbroken would you not helped that 10% already with an hour of work?
Again people here used screen recorders. Thats jailbreak-only stuff.

If you pm me your compiled build i would even be happy to do it for you. Just name the price and paypal adress.
Does'nt give me alot work.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
finestheatingn