FPV Booster App DOUBLE Vision+ FPV Range

Re: Vision+ Wi-Fi Booster DOUBLE FPV Range

The iPhone booster app is called "Vision+ Wi-Fi Booster" and the icon is showing "V+ Booster" in my beta version. It's not yet available in App Store, and I don't know the price. I leave it to my friend's decision though I suggest $5-10 and hope to benefit as many Vision+ pilots as possible.

neoneo said:
PVFlyer said:
I would like to summarize the FPV range test results so far from our beta testers below. All beta tests were conducted with stock (un-modded) Vision+ aircraft and RE700 repeater.

1. tizzl10: 5,642ft / 1,720m – 640@30f (5.8G control signal dropped & triggered RTH)
2. LMC: 6,058ft / 1,847m – 640@15 (FPV connection broken)
3. mem_ny: 3,620ft / 1,104m – 320@30 (in high Wifi residential area)
4. Alib: 4,264ft / 1300m – 640@15 (scary to go farther)

If you have achieved better range, please keep me posted. I will keep updating the above list upon received further test results, and update them to the first post of this thread as a summary for easy reading.
I got 5384 feet stock at 320x240 15fps. the pic is here: https://www.facebook.com/NeomayaDeJesusDavila
i still cant find software to shrink photos to fit this websites limit. so i post them on fb and share the link.

FPV range may vary mainly depending on Preview Quality and 2.4G RF noise.

Hi PVFlyer,

Is it still possible to be your beta tester for wifi booster? I do own vision+ , just would like to make it better.

I'm a newbie can't PM you.

Sigwa

sigwameister said:
Hi PVFlyer,

Is it still possible to be your beta tester for wifi booster? I do own vision+ , just would like to make it better.

Sigwa
I sent PM to you with my email. You may email me your iDevice UDID. I will pass it to the developer, but I'm unsure whether any quota remained.

hi pvflyer

is there any room for the beta test on this could you let me know id be greatful

thx in advance

PVFlyer said:
sigwameister said:
Hi PVFlyer,

Sigwa
I sent PM to you with my email. You may email me your iDevice UDID. I will pass it to the developer, but I'm unsure whether any quota remained.

Why would DJI limit the FPV range if it's simple as a software hack to boost range? Just curious, any thoughts?

gfredrone said:
Why would DJI limit the FPV range if it's simple as a software hack to boost range? Just curious, any thoughts?

It's an interesting point, something i have thought myself, why would they indeed.

Still if it can be hacked, better for the rest of us at the end of the day.

D

On April 6th, the day the announcement of Phantom 2 Vision+ first appeared in the DJI Web Home, it said could get 15Km. I was in shock with that. The following day Monday 7th, they had retired that part of the page.

gfredrone said:
Reduce risk of effects of overheating extender circuitry? Extend battery charges of extenders?

Ah yes, local laws. Interesting however that DJI would specifically make a point of advertising that the Phantom Vision Plus may attain flying a distance of 400 meters in CE mode & 700-800 meters in FCC mode.
As previously mentioned, as long as any such upgrades help maintain control, visually or otherwise, I'm all for it.

back to the testing results.

7,000 feet distance at 640x480 / 15fps

Attachments

• 7kfeet.jpg
    7kfeet.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 584

PVFlyer said:
sigwameister said:
Hi PVFlyer,

Sigwa

hi,
我是一名大陆的玩家,住在北京,请问还有可能加入测试者的队伍吗?由于是新注册的,无法pm你,期待你的回复。

wxgbocog said:
PVFlyer said:
sigwameister said:
Hi PVFlyer,

Sigwa

hi,
how do you say "haha" in Chinese?

srandall25 said:
wxgbocog said:
hi,
how do you say "haha" in Chinese?

哈哈

tizzl10 said:
back to the testing results.

7,000 feet distance at 640x480 / 15fps
Wow :shock: 7,000ft is incredible. Your record exceeds my calculation of maximum range 2km (6,600ft) in ideal environment without RF noise. I have updated the summary accordingly.

Do you have any antenna mod on Vision+ aircraft or RE700 repeater? If not, it's absolutely amazing!

It seems I don't need to do stage-2 research for further boosting FPV range.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart