FPV Booster App DOUBLE Vision+ FPV Range

Re: Software Boosted Vision+ DOUBLE FPV Range

tizzl10 said:
Holy crap this is awesome. thanks man..i have never flown this far with full FPV! 3300 ft!
Can you share with us your result including the following information?
1. Preview Quality;
2. Rural, sub-urban or urban area;
3. Un-boosted FPV range;
4. Boosted FPV range;

PVFlyer said:
tizzl10 said:
Holy crap this is awesome. thanks man..i have never flown this far with full FPV! 3300 ft!
Can you share with us your result including the following information?
1. Preview Quality;
3. Un-boosted FPV range;
4. Boosted FPV range;

1. preview quality was at highest level 640x480 30fps
2. suburban area (neighborhoods)
3. unboosted range is usually 1600-2000 ft with lower preview quality
4. boosted range was around 3300ft at highest preview setting

will test more later..got to go play golf.. you guys are geniuses! I will gladly pay for it.

tizzl10 said:
1. preview quality was at highest level 640x480 30fps
2. suburban area (neighborhoods)
3. unboosted range is usually 1600-2000 ft with lower preview quality
4. boosted range was around 3300ft at highest preview setting

will test more later..got to go play golf.. you guys are geniuses! I will gladly pay for it.
Thanks for the quick updates. It will be helpful if you can fly the same Preview Quality and flight path with apple-to-apple comparison before/after boosted.

I hope to get a free copy for you all beta testers willing to share your test results.

Sorry if it's already been mentioned, but is there an Android beta version? Would be willing to test and provide feedback (as soon as my P2V+ shows up).

jdvmi00 said:
PVFlyer said:
For the beta testing, can you test the same/similar flight path and share your test results including the following information.

1. Preview Quality (avoid using 640x480 30fps);
3. Un-boosted FPV range;
4. Boosted FPV range;

What's wrong with flying at 640x480 30fps?
There are various reports having blackouts preview at 640x480 30fps.

PVFlyer said:
terachart said:
When it's available for download^^
I anticipate the beta will be available for download by the end of this week or so. Only those sent over their UDID would be able to install the beta (ad-hoc build).

what is UDID ?

Jre said:
Sorry if it's already been mentioned, but is there an Android beta version? Would be willing to test and provide feedback (as soon as my P2V+ shows up).
I hope the Android beta will be available within a couple of weeks. Will keep you all posted.

I assume it's too late to send the UDID number... Kinda late on that one. Well, anyway, i'll shut up and give you my money when it's out of beta testing and fully enjoyable ! :)

Nice work, always amazed how some can enhance what others created. As i mentioned before, really feel like what Magic lantern did for Canon cameras. Keep it up !

Bless !

PVFlyer said:
Jre said:
I hope the Android beta will be available within a couple of weeks. Will keep you all posted.

do you think you can have your friend fix our 7ch to work?

I screwed up on this flight because I lost orientation and instead of going straight forward, I turned right thinking I was going forward..at any rate, it works nicely.

I screwed that flight up..let me take another one lol..

You got to 2300feet. That's 700m and got dropouts at 500-700. Doesnt seem it has become better^^

borgqueenx said:
You got to 2300feet. That's 700m and got dropouts at 500-700. Doesnt seem it has become better^^

got 3400 this morning, jackass.. I said earlier I was heading in the wrong direction, Einstein.

last run, 3000 ft distance in wifi congested neighborhood. will test again in the morning in open field.

tizzl10 said:
last run, 3000 ft distance in wifi congested neighborhood. will test again in the morning in open field.
What range did you get (in the past, same Preview Quality) without boosted in such Wifi congested area?

I estimate 4,000-4,500 ft range in open field per my calculation.

PVFlyer said:
tizzl10 said:
What range did you get (in the past, same Preview Quality) without boosted in such Wifi congested area?

I NEVER got over 2000 ft at lowest preview quality stock. with the software booster im getting 3000+ at highest setting in wifi congested area..will test again in non congested area in the morning. Then I plan on taking my 2.4 helix antenna off my PV2 vision's wifi repeater and installing it on my + and then with my sanhans 2.5watt wifi amplifier.

tizzl10 said:
PVFlyer said:
tizzl10 said:

I NEVER got over 2000 ft at lowest preview quality stock. with the software booster im getting 3000+ at highest setting in wifi congested area..will test again in non congested area in the morning. Then I plan on taking my 2.4 helix antenna off my PV2 vision's wifi repeater and installing it on my + and then with my sanhans 2.5watt wifi amplifier.
Adding 2.4G helical will further double your boosted FPV range. I don't suggest Sanhans 2.5W (or any) Wifi amplifier due to it's way exceeding legal 36dBm EIRP limit together with the helical. You may also jam your neighborhoods' Wifi, if you aim your helical to their houses.

Meanwhile, I have been working on boosting Wifi repeater by software.

I estimate 4,000-4,500 ft range in open field per my calculation.[/quote]

I NEVER got over 2000 ft at lowest preview quality stock. with the software booster im getting 3000+ at highest setting in wifi congested area..will test again in non congested area in the morning. Then I plan on taking my 2.4 helix antenna off my PV2 vision's wifi repeater and installing it on my + and then with my sanhans 2.5watt wifi amplifier.[/quote]
Adding 2.4G helical will further double your boosted FPV range. I don't suggest Sanhans 2.5W (or any) Wifi amplifier due to it's way exceeding legal 36dBm EIRP limit together with the helical. You may also jam your neighborhoods' Wifi, if you aim your helical to their houses.

Meanwhile, I have been working on boosting Wifi repeater by software.[/quote]

sweet..i will install it tomorrow and report back with results.

sidenote: you say you are working on boosting the wifi repeater? I thought that's what this was? no? im confused.

tizzl10 said:
sweet..i will install it tomorrow and report back with results.

sidenote: you say you are working on boosting the wifi repeater? I thought that's what this was? no? im confused.
The current beta booster is ONLY boosting Vision+ "aircraft end". I'm working on boosting the RE700 repeater end now.

tizzl10 said:
do you think you can have your friend fix our 7ch to work?
I think 7ch is related to Central Board and Vision app, which is hard to change. AFAIK from other forum members, if you don't use the app, you can use 7ch lever. If you open the app, it disables the 7ch lever to avoid conflict control between the app and 7ch lever.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT