Found Another Crack @115.5hrs..

It had the latest firmware loaded, 1.2.602. I seems to work with my RC and Go app OK, and I haven't seen any notifications to update, so I'm flying it. I haven't migrated to Go4 yet. It seemed to work fine on the first test flight. Tomorrow I'm going to Tehachapi Loop again to shoot some more trains, so we'll see how it goes.
...John, Thx for the Nfo...

...John, Thx for the Nfo...
Turns out I had some iPad display issues yesterday on one of my 4 flights. I was getting some strange hue colors for sky, and the video was garbled with 5 bars signal strength at only 3000' range.

Today I upgraded the RC to 1.7.6 and the latest GO4 on my iPad. I'll fly this afternoon and see if that solved the issues.

Turns out I had some iPad display issues yesterday on one of my 4 flights. I was getting some strange hue colors for sky, and the video was garbled with 5 bars signal strength at only 3000' range.

Today I upgraded the RC to 1.7.6 and the latest GO4 on my iPad. I'll fly this afternoon and see if that solved the issues.
I heard the 32 channel hack can't be used with the new Go4 app...

Good question, I'll have to check that out tonight.

Hi John, just some FYI comments on my dji stress crack repair:

When dji repaired my stress crack I was send a different drone. The serial number was different and did not have a R at the end. When sending my data to healthy drones afterwards my drone name was different. I changed it through dji go 4 but, healthy drones still refers to it as the old name. I doubt any of what I got back was mine originally. My gimbal also makes the wining sounds periodically which it never did before.

Hi John, just some FYI comments on my dji stress crack repair:

When dji repaired my stress crack I was send a different drone. The serial number was different and did not have a R at the end. When sending my data to healthy drones afterwards my drone name was different. I changed it through dji go 4 but, healthy drones still refers to it as the old name. I doubt any of what I got back was mine originally. My gimbal also makes the wining sounds periodically which it never did before.
I'm guessing that healthy drones is associating your craft name with your sign-in credentials, that could be why it didn't change..... but that's just a guess. If you have assigned a different name to the craft through Go4, and the new name isn't the same as the Healthy Drones craft name, I suggest you ask Healthy Drones how to change the name, if that's not obvious through their settings interface.

As for the whining noise, I assume you removed the shipping foam they put around the top of the gimbal, right? If the gimbal works good at keeping the camera steady, I'd fly it for a few weeks and see if the noise goes away.

As for the whining noise, I assume you removed the shipping foam they put around the top of the gimbal, right? If the gimbal works good at keeping the camera steady, I'd fly it for a few weeks and see if the noise goes away.

The whining has been around for the 8 week duration since I got it back. The noise is not constant but intermittent. Most noticeable when the phantom four is warming. up. It doesn't seem to be going away. When I fly backwards, there's a little jutter from time to time that's annoying but I don't think I'll send it back for that reason alone. I'll probably regret that decision should this manifest into something larger.

The name on healthy drones was that of whomever used to own the drone dji sent back to me. I was not clear in explaining that before. I tried to change it in dji go 4 but it was not picked up on healthy drones. I have not cared enough to try to figure out how to get it changed.

If they sent you a refurb unit that belonged to someone else, I would send it back with evidence of the noise and the jutter. I assume you have some warranty period left, right? Even if they sent you a referb, I would expect they would stand behind it for 90 days. Contact them and find out, but I would not keep it since it's not operating normal. Don't wait, contact them asap before it's too late.

Last edited:
Just curious, if you send your bird to DJI for repair and in return they send you a brand new unit shouldn't you essentially have a new warranty? If they sent me a brand new unit and I started noticing manufacturer defects which we all know are pretty common, I would be pretty pissed off if they wouldn't honor warranty because your original phantoms warranty was up. Hopefully this question makes sense. Has anyone had this problem? I don't want to send my phantom to DJI simply for this reason... Thoughts?

Just curious, if you send your bird to DJI for repair and in return they send you a brand new unit shouldn't you essentially have a new warranty? Thoughts?
No.The warranty is based on the day you took possession of the craft. However I wound expect a reasonable warranty on repairs, such as 90 days, enough time for you to verify the repair was done correctly and everything works. I'm unsure what DJI provides for repair warranty.

Yea me neither, it would be nice if you had a phantom on its last warranty month malfunction, then DJI sent you a brand new bird along with a brand new warranty... Maybe that was more wishful thinking than a question.. lol

I crashed my P4 1 month after purchase, damage was very minimal. I was able to repair myself which was a tedious pain in the *** but worth it in the end. I had to replace the yaw arm and ribbon cable for camera and a few stripped screws (my fault) about $50 out of pocket for repairs. I know repairing yourself voids warranty but so does crashing it. Now my bird flies like she did when I took her out of the box!

Dji Assistance on Netherlands has send me my Phantom 4 repaired after structural crack in right side near the battery bay. The drone is the same with the identical serial number. Also the box I used is the same was returned. I need connect the radio at first time, so I think they are make several tests. The Aircraft was repaired fine and fly very well. The reparation needs 20 days.
Bye

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart