Follow me in front of subject

Reaction score
I have been using Autopilot from auto flight logic with my iPhone and iPad to attempt to follow a subject using airspace with my P3A. When attempting to have the drone fly in front of the subject it does not seem to work well.

Has anyone had good success doing this with this app?

Or

Have you used the litchi app with greater success?

Thanks
Howard
P3A

I only tried this once - following an iPhone as an Airspace object in a moving boat. It worked very well when following on the left, the right or from behind - but when I tried to follow in front of the boat - the drone went really wonky quickly aiming left, then right, then stopping, then accelerating and many, many more abrupt left to right yaws. As soon as I switched back to "follow left" things went back to normal.

The boat at the time was traveling in a straight line at a constant speed of about 20km/hr with wind speed below 10km/hr.

Thanks for the reply! I'm glad to see I'm not the only one, but also not glad. I wonder if the developers at Autoflight Logic know?

I only tried this once - following an iPhone as an Airspace object in a moving boat. It worked very well when following on the left, the right or from behind - but when I tried to follow in front of the boat - the drone went really wonky quickly aiming left, then right, then stopping, then accelerating and many, many more abrupt left to right yaws. As soon as I switched back to "follow left" things went back to normal.

The boat at the time was traveling in a straight line at a constant speed of about 20km/hr with wind speed below 10km/hr.

I sent a message to Autoflightlogic support desk. I will post my reply if I receive it.

I have not tried this yet, but will be soon. We have plans for a boating trip with friends this summer and I was going to make use of Autopilot Airspace. Please keep us posted on any response. I will post any results when I get to test this myself. Got all setup last night and it started raining!:(

Thinking thinking thinking: should there be a difference in Follow Me mode and Lead Me mode?

Follow Me mode tries to reduce the distance between object and aircraft. What do you expect if the aircraft is in front of you and you move towards it?

Last edited:
I would think that it should move away from me keeping the distance from the subject as programmed.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl