FLYTREX OUT OF BUSINESS??

Are you sure your SIM is working and is connected to a valid account? I had to stick mine in my tablet to get it working initially. Once it was working and the account was valid, I took it out of my tablet and put it into my Flytrex Live 3G.

Yes thanks, I already verified that my SIM is activated and working correctly by throwing it in a phone. I was told AT&T does use the 3G network and is a carrier that is suggested by Flytrex.

It's a weird company. They had all this press for being the first non commercial Drone delivery system, but you can't find one unboxing video? I personally can't find one.

I think they built a homemade prototype and made the Kickstarter like video and couldn't get them built. They used to be $549, now it says $600 something. It was announced a year ago or more and still not one person has made a video showing us the final product?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

It's a weird company. They had all this press for being the first non commercial Drone delivery system, but you can't find one unboxing video? I personally can't find one.

I think they built a homemade prototype and made the Kickstarter like video and couldn't get them built. They used to be $549, now it says $600 something. It was announced a year ago or more and still not one person has made a video showing us the final product?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
Yeha, pretty strange considering they announced the first shipment of Sky's were going out Jan 20. Flytrex on Twitter

My buddy who can't post on the site at the moment asked me to post this re Flytrex:

Flytrex is still great. I have the live plus and the 3G live and have used them both recently, Skip is obviously having problems that can be dealt with. But yeah it's working for most of us

I found this forum a bit too late. I purchased a Live 3G unit for my P3P, picked up an AT&T go phone sim and cannot seem to get a connection / registration completed. The unit powers up and goes through the initial sequence but stops with a solid blue light indication. I have tried contacting Amit for the last week with ZERO responses from him. I am going to post my frustration to Facebook next. What a waste of $200. Trackimo will be my next purchase.
I had the same problem with the SIM and Flytrex Customer Service

From Aug 1st:
After installing it with the Installation Adapter, it wouldn't activate. I used SIMs from AT&T, Verizon and H2O.
With the time zones, it took a week of e-mail back and forth to their technical support in Israel for them to determine it was defective and they authorized a replacement. But, they wouldn't cross-ship, they had to receive the defective unit first.
Any type of express shipping to Israel was more than $70, so I sent it USPS "First-Class Package International Service". That took two weeks to get it delivered, but they received it last Monday (July 25th.)
Since then I have not heard anything from them, and they have not returned my e-mail messages.

and Aug 2nd:
Received an e-mail from Flytrex this morning:
I just received your device. Unfortunately we are currently out of stock, just awaiting arrival of our most recent production order.
We are going to send you a new adapter as well. You should be able to use your P3 with the adapter installed and the Live not attached, so we believe there is an issue with the adapter.

No word as of today...

Just wanted to follow up with the outcome following my last post.

I never did have any luck with AT&T. After 2 visits to the store and 3 calls with support I was told I had to use a plan that was $25 per month to receive GSM data on the "data only device" without having to call in and activate the data portion every day as part of the pay as you go, minimum plan.

So after wasting $25 with AT&T as well as time I'll never get back I ordered a $20 H20 sim, received it via FedEx in a couple days and did all of the set up and registration online and what to you know, the Flytrex device works as advertised. And I will only be using something like 10 cents per meg of data, cheaper than any of the AT&T options.

The issue was with the AT&T sim the whole time. Even though the AT&T sim worked in a phone it refused to work correctly in the Flytrex unit.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions.
Kevin

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl