Flytrex Live 3G Released - Review

Congratulations!!!!!! Now the question is can anyone on FB connect to it? My buddy has tried 4 times it said connecting but never did! Today I let it hover at 100' while I used my phone to connect to it via FB it did.

Hi Dirtdummy :)

Do you mean that he was viewing your Live Flight Channel but kept gettings a Connecting message without actually seeing your Live Flight?

Any chance your friend was using IE browser? If that is the case, please ask him to try with a different browser - this should help solve this issue. Our Live Flight Channel uses some HTML5 technology that isn't supported by IE yet, and therefore using a different browser should help solve this issue.

Let me know if you were referring to a different issue and I'll gladly review this more closely. :)

Hi Dirtdummy :)

Do you mean that he was viewing your Live Flight Channel but kept gettings a Connecting message without actually seeing your Live Flight?

Any chance your friend was using IE browser? If that is the case, please ask him to try with a different browser - this should help solve this issue. Our Live Flight Channel uses some HTML5 technology that isn't supported by IE yet, and therefore using a different browser should help solve this issue.

Let me know if you were referring to a different issue and I'll gladly review this more closely. :)
Yes Amit that is what I meant. I will check and see if he is using internet destroyer:) Thanks for the reply.

Amit, on April 2nd Nir said he would be shipping out my replacement CAN-BUS Adapter as soon as possible but it still hasn't shipped. I asked for an update yesterday but he hasn't responded yet.

When do you expect to ship my replacement adapter?

- Scott
Amit, could you provide an update on the defective CAN-BUS Adapters?

There haven't been any updates about this on the Flytrex Facebook page since April 7th. Today I received a response from Rebecca to my inquiry a few days ago about when my replacement adapter would be shipped but it wasn't very specific: "We have just received a new production batch of the CAN-BUS adapters and are working as quickly as possible to test and package the devices in order to fulfill all outstanding orders."

I'll be traveling soon and would like to be able to use Flytrex Live. Will it be possible for my adapter to be delivered by late next week?

- Scott

Yes Amit that is what I meant. I will check and see if he is using internet destroyer:) Thanks for the reply.

Great! Please keep me posted. As far as I know, the only reason that a "Connecting..." message will show continuously is when using IE. If this is indeed the case it should work nicely with any of the other major browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Safari etc.).

Keep me updated. :)

Amit, could you provide an update on the defective CAN-BUS Adapters?

There haven't been any updates about this on the Flytrex Facebook page since April 7th. Today I received a response from Rebecca to my inquiry a few days ago about when my replacement adapter would be shipped but it wasn't very specific: "We have just received a new production batch of the CAN-BUS adapters and are working as quickly as possible to test and package the devices in order to fulfill all outstanding orders."

I'll be traveling soon and would like to be able to use Flytrex Live. Will it be possible for my adapter to be delivered by late next week?

- Scott

Hi Scott,

I just checked and your order will be on its way between this Thursday to Sunday. Your order was placed with Air Mail shipment, but I'll make sure to have it shipped with slightly faster shipment (service called Eco Post), which is semi-express and usually takes 7 days to ship.

Let me know if this sounds OK.

Just FYI, I marked the shipment to go with Eco Post (rather than with basic Air Mail), however, once it will get shipped the email notification you'll receive from us will still state Air Mail. Our shipment notification emails do not list Eco Post as a service since it is less known for users, but the shipment itself will be with Eco Post. To verify this you can look at the first 2 letters of your tracking number. LX -- is Eco Post (~7 days delivery) and RR is Air Mail (sually 2-3 weeks).

Let me know if there is anything else I can help with. :)

Loving my Flytrex so far!! I noticed on one of my mission maps that a few mostly small segments of the map were drawn in blue, while the rest of the lines were green. What's the significance of the blue drawn sections? Thanks!

Loving my Flytrex so far!! I noticed on one of my mission maps that a few mostly small segments of the map were drawn in blue, while the rest of the lines were green. What's the significance of the blue drawn sections? Thanks!
It's the mode you're in at the time -- GPS, ATTI, RTH, etc are displayed with different colors. Haven't had time to decipher which is which, but that's why.

It's the mode you're in at the time -- GPS, ATTI, RTH, etc are displayed with different colors. Haven't had time to decipher which is which, but that's why.
Thanks for the info!! Interesting....it was a ground station mission and the small blue streaks were towards the far end of the mission, about 7/10th of a mile out. Mission went fine....I thought! Thanks again!

Thanks for the info!! Interesting....it was a ground station mission and the small blue streaks were towards the far end of the mission, about 7/10th of a mile out. Mission went fine....I thought! Thanks again!
Just checked my past few runs. Green = GPS, Yellow = ATTI, Blue = RTH ... which is a bit alarming considering you were on a waypoint mission.

Reactions: miket234
Just checked my past few runs. Green = GPS, Yellow = ATTI, Blue = RTH ... which is a bit alarming considering you were on a waypoint mission.
Blue can be rth or unknown. On a way point mission it will show as "failsafe" in the flight log but it is just showing where control signal was lost.

Amit. Can you please give me an update on my replacement can bus? I was dealing with Rebecca through emails and she said it would go out early this week and I sent the extra $ for the express shipping. I sent her a few emails but haven't heard back and have not received any tracking information. She promised it would go out "early this week"?

Thanks.

Reactions: miket234
Blue can be rth or unknown. On a way point mission it will show as "failsafe" in the flight log but it is just showing where control signal was lost.
Thanks.
Yeah that's what I meant, failsafe. Thanks for the correction.

Reactions: AmosMoses
Yeah that's what I meant, failsafe. Thanks for the correction.
Not so much a correction but a technical clarification.;)
I know when I first looked at the flight log it took me a second to unpucker when I noticed all the "failsafe" readings it gave me when it didn't "rth"! Then it clicked. Only took a few seconds though....:)

Reactions: bbfpv
Ordered mine from Atlanta Hobby this morning, and they shipped it right away. Having just lived through a phantom flyaway, this is mandatory for me now.

My question is, how much data can I expect to use with this? Just trying to get some idea. It is confusing, and being confused + dealing with any cellular company = paying a lot.

H2O has a $10 plan that goes for 90 days, but seems to be limited to 300 Mb. Straight Talk has 1Gig for $15, but runs out after 30 days. Would just like to be armed with some idea of how much data I could expect to be consuming per month before I jump in with the sharks. Thanks!

Ordered mine from Atlanta Hobby this morning, and they shipped it right away. Having just lived through a phantom flyaway, this is mandatory for me now.

My question is, how much data can I expect to use with this? Just trying to get some idea. It is confusing, and being confused + dealing with any cellular company = paying a lot.

H2O has a $10 plan that goes for 90 days, but seems to be limited to 300 Mb. Straight Talk has 1Gig for $15, but runs out after 30 days. Would just like to be armed with some idea of how much data I could expect to be consuming per month before I jump in with the sharks. Thanks!

I use the H2O Wireless $10/90 day plan. I've had over 50 flights with it and have used less than $4 of the balance.

Reactions: dmiles
I use the H2O Wireless $10/90 day plan. I've had over 50 flights with it and have used less than $4 of the balance.

Would you say that you have been using a lot of the features such as flight tracking, facebook, etc? Are the features even optional, I mean can you turn some of them on and off, etc? And if so, would that even make an appreciable difference in the amount of data that you use? Thanks!

Would you say that you have been using a lot of the features such as flight tracking, facebook, etc? Are the features even optional, I mean can you turn some of them on and off, etc? And if so, would that even make an appreciable difference in the amount of data that you use? Thanks!
I've used the Facebook posting feature for the last few flights -- it is optional and has no bearing on data usage.

Reactions: dmiles
Anyone have a "set up your H2O wireless card account for Flytrex Live 3G for dummys" book? Complete with pictures and links?

Or at minimum, correct my though process below?

1. I'm considering purchasing this card

2. After receiving it, I'll create an account on the this website

3. Purchase the $10/90day plan and link it to my card.

4. Plug it into my installed and operational Flytrex Live G3 and I'm good to go.

Anyone have a "set up your H2O wireless card account for Flytrex Live 3G for dummys" book? Complete with pictures and links?

Or at minimum, correct my though process below?

1. I'm considering purchasing this card

2. After receiving it, I'll create an account on the this website

3. Purchase the $10/90day plan and link it to my card.

4. Plug it into my installed and operational Flytrex Live G3 and I'm good to go.

Yes, your thought process looks solid to me. And that SIM looks like mine. Let us know how it goes.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart