Flytrex Live 3G Released - Review

The times showing on the Flytrex website for these two missions is now correct.
I'm seeing the 4:24:33 PM CST now instead of the previous 9:24 PM.

Amit,

I looked at the post you referenced for a possible fix to the Facebook problem. All of my settings were already set as instructed but I went ahead and toggled all of them off and back on to see if that would help. None of my flights today posted to Facebook.

Now the times shown on the Flytrex website are back to being incorrect.
I'm looking at them now at 9:50 PM CST.
The first mission mentioned previously, http://www.flytrex.com/mission/quadcopter-phantom-2-vision-v3-brent-newman-yUE89gBA/ , is now back to showing the incorrect time of 9:24:33 PM (This morning it was showing the correct time). Also, new flights from today are showing incorrect times as well.

Thanks.

Hi Dirtdummy :)

I just verified this with my Flytrex and Facebook account and as far as I can tell Live flight notifications get posted correctly to my Facebook wall. There are two settings related to this that might cause live-flights not to get posted in real time to your Facebook timeline, so I suggest we start by checking those and see how it goes.

First, please enter your Flytrex General Account Settings here:
http://www.flytrex.com/account-settings/general/

Verify that the Share on Facebook default value is set to ON.

Then enter the Live Settings page (on the left menu) and click on the Settings link for your Live device. In the Live Settings page, make sure that the option "Share Live flight status and stream on Flytrex" is set to Public.

If any changes were made (in either of the two settings) make sure you press Save Changes in each of the setting pages to store those changes.

Once set this way you should see a post on your Facebook Timeline getting posted in real time as soon as you take off, inviting your friends to join your flight in real time.

Let me know how it goes! :)
All my settings where as you stated. I even toggled them three times no luck. Yesterday without changing anything it started sharing missions with Facebook.o_O

Also just to verify that you have Facebook linked with your Flytrex account?

This can either be that you are using Facebook to login to your Flytrex account with, or, that you have linked it with your account under Account Settings -> Sign In. Both options are equally the same and will work just fine.

Another possible option - when first signing-in to Flytrex with Facebook you are asked by Facebook if you permit Flytrex to post to your timeline. We do not enforce this permission as mandatory (for users who prefer not to use this feature -- this is absolutely OK from our side), but if you did not approve this permission Flytrex will fail posting to your Facebook timeline. This of course can be changed if this is indeed the cause.

Let me know if you think any of these might be related.
Been there done that it just didn't work. Yesterday It miraculously worked on its own without changing anything.

Amit,

I looked at the post you referenced for a possible fix to the Facebook problem. All of my settings were already set as instructed but I went ahead and toggled all of them off and back on to see if that would help. None of my flights today posted to Facebook.

The first mission mentioned previously, http://www.flytrex.com/mission/quadcopter-phantom-2-vision-v3-brent-newman-yUE89gBA/ , is now back to showing the incorrect time of 9:24:33 PM (This morning it was showing the correct time). Also, new flights from today are showing incorrect times as well.

Thanks.
Your problem appears to be the same as mine. I suspect if you check in the morning it will be correct with the CDT in the time stamp. By the evening it will be out 5 hours again and no CDT. Is almost like their server is on a 12 hour clock instead of 24. I just checked someones flight from Oakland CA same time zone as me. There is no PDT in time stamp and it shows the flight was at 224 am on 4/5. Its only 906 PM here on the 4th as of this post. I am sure if I check in the AM it will show the flight was at 724 PM on the 4th with CDT in the time stamp.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brent10
Finally got around to installing my Flytrex Live 3G, but the L.E.D never goes green... It goes from red to purple to blue, then starts the cycle again at red...

Amit,

Thanks.
Hi Brent,
Did your Flytrex ever link to FB? Like I said mine just did it on its own and still works.

The new Flight Logbook does not work in Metric.
And a Battery-Alert in the Android would be nice.

Hi Scott :)

If the Flytrex Live 3G LED is showing solid-green, rather than flashing green, this indicates that the Live 3G was able to power up correctly, connect to the network and to Flytrex servers successfully, but there is no incoming data coming in the data connection and therefore the Live 3G isn't transmitting any data -- note that a solid green means a successfully connection WAS INDEED made, so your network connection and SIM card are all OK, just that there is no flight data feeding to the Live and therefore it can't transmit any data to the Live servers.

The common causes for this issue are different depending whether you installed the Live 3G using the CAN-BUS Adapter or the installation cable. If I remember your setup correctly you are using the installation cable.

When using the installation cable the cause is almost always related to some issue with the data cable connectivity. Either that the cable was not connected, not pushed all the way in, or that it got broken in one of the pins -- in either of these cases the Live will basically not get any data feed in and therefore won't be able to transmit any data to the servers.

To help me determine the cause in your specific case please post a few pictures showing your setup. Specifically, I'd like to see the Flytrex installation cable connection to the Live 3G itself. Most chances that this is the cause for this issue. If needed, we will of course be glad to help with a replacement cable quickly.

Looking forward for your follow-up. Thanks! :)
Amit, on April 2nd Nir said he would be shipping out my replacement CAN-BUS Adapter as soon as possible but it still hasn't shipped. I asked for an update yesterday but he hasn't responded yet.

When do you expect to ship my replacement adapter?

- Scott

Got the Flytrex up today for the first time!! Missions reporting fine on my profile!! How do I get the logger data into Dashware?? I see an Import Log, but its the overview. Also tried clicking on the mission....and reading the instructions! Where is the data?? Thanks for your help!

Got the Flytrex up today for the first time!! Missions reporting fine on my profile!! How do I get the logger data into Dashware?? I see an Import Log, but its the overview. Also tried clicking on the mission....and reading the instructions! Where is the data?? Thanks for your help!
The little down arrow next to the mission in your profile. "Export mission..."

Thanks for your help! If I click on my "Profile" I see the badges I unlocked today and personal records and maps. I see that I have two flights. Don't see individual flight info. If I click on my name on the top right I can change units of measure, account settings, and flight logbook. If I go into the logbook, I see the two missions with number in front. I can click on the number and drill down into the mission, but see nothing to upload the data. Also on the main flight logbook I see a green export log button, but it seems to create a pdf log of the overall results. I'm out of buttons to try for the data to go into Dashware!!

Thanks for your help! If I click on my "Profile" I see the badges I unlocked today and personal records and maps. I see that I have two flights. Don't see individual flight info. If I click on my name on the top right I can change units of measure, account settings, and flight logbook. If I go into the logbook, I see the two missions with number in front. I can click on the number and drill down into the mission, but see nothing to upload the data. Also on the main flight logbook I see a green export log button, but it seems to create a pdf log of the overall results. I'm out of buttons to try for the data to go into Dashware!!
Assuming you've got a Live 3G (since that's the topic where we're discussing this), the details are uploaded to the server already. You have to download it from the server and import into Dashware. Theres a dropdown arrow next to the flag on the mission header:
ft.png

Last edited:
I don't seem to have the same options! My flights today automatically uploaded to the Flytrex website thru the data card, so I presume I have the Live 3g. Thanks again so much.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-04-16-15-55-19.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-04-16-15-55-19.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 386
Hi Brent,
Did your Flytrex ever link to FB? Like I said mine just did it on its own and still works.
It now posts to Facebook. Did it on its own like yours.

Congratulations!!!!!! Now the question is can anyone on FB connect to it? My buddy has tried 4 times it said connecting but never did! Today I let it hover at 100' while I used my phone to connect to it via FB it did.

Now the question is can anyone on FB connect to it?
Good question.

When viewing my live stream from the app (iOS) I often had to kill the app and relaunch it to because it would stick on a previous mission.

Also, the Flytrex mission page on a mobile browser looks horrible and is essentially impossible to see.

Good question.

When viewing my live stream from the app (iOS) I often had to kill the app and relaunch it to because it would stick on a previous mission.

Also, the Flytrex mission page on a mobile browser looks horrible and is essentially impossible to see.
Looks horrible on android to.

We had a bug that caused the automatic share on Facebook for Live Flights not to work in about 60% of the cases :/ We got this fixed a few days ago. With this fix now live, new Live Missions should automatically post to your Facebook timeline if you have your Facebook account connected to your Flytrex profile and if you didn't disable Facebook shares on the settings. :)

Let me know in case you see any trouble with this. Thanks! :)

Reactions: Brent10

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart