Flytrex Live 3G Released - Review

Hmmm.... It isn't working yet and Flytrex hasn't responded to the ticket I opened last night.

When I went flying today I still had the solid green light on the Flytrex with flashing green lights on the Phantom indicating I had a good GPS location. No flight information has been logged on the Flytrex website and it still shows my Flytrex has never been seen.

- Scott
Mine must have touched yours on the trip over! I power up solid blue comes
back with solid green or flashing green but records the flight. Can"t upgrade the firmware. Flew 5 times before the live app worked.

What's the fix for my Flight Mission times being several hours into the future on the Flytrex website?

Also, what is the "Connect with Facebook and Google+" on our profile pages? I signed in there with both Facebook and Google+ but it does nothing. I was hoping it would update social media whenever I begin a new flight but it does not.
Same here after a flight it creates a Facebook post on my Flytrex profile page, But it never makes it to Facebook?????????

I believe that red wire is for another Phantom. Look at the picture here for the Vision 2 Plus thats what you need.
http://www.flytrex.com/support/flytrex-live-3g/manual/

The manual did the trick!! All I have (need) is the Flytrex Live DJI cable. Shows it works for the Vision+. I do utilize the GPS socket and everything should work now!! I going back to the link and read the rest of the guide and will get back at it! Thanks again for the help!!!

The manual did the trick!! All I have (need) is the Flytrex Live DJI cable. Shows it works for the Vision+. I do utilize the GPS socket and everything should work now!! I going back to the link and read the rest of the guide and will get back at it! Thanks again for the help!!!
You didn't get the cable with the Canbus?

After reading your link I can now answer......no. I thought that is what I was ordering and got, but after reading up in the users guide I see what I have is I guess the solder version....and I have clipped the power wires already too (and would not attempt to solder!). I emailed the vender that supplied me for what my options are.....:(

After reading your link I can now answer......no. I thought that is what I was ordering and got, but after reading up in the users guide I see what I have is I guess the solder version....and I have clipped the power wires already too (and would not attempt to solder!). I emailed the vender that supplied me for what my options are.....:(
Your best option is to order the Canbus adapter from Flytrex 100% plug and play. http://www.flytrex.com/shop/cables/

Installation http://www.flytrex.com/support/flytrex-live-3g/phantom-2-vision-plus-canbus-installation/

Oh yeah..clipped em right off.....make a guy feel bad!! The Amazon vendor charged me the $230 price, which is the price for the Flytrex AND the canbus adapter. Being very new to learning about Flytrex, I thought I had the cabling needed to complete the no-solder installation. Clipped them suckers right off at the nub!! HOPEFULLY the Flytrex units are the same for either option of installation and the vendor will send me the canbus cabling needed to complete my installation!! I have emails out to them now......

yes, they're the same whether CANBUS or not. Only difference is you don't need the power leads w/ the CANBUS, so you're in luck :)

What's the fix for my Flight Mission times being several hours into the future on the Flytrex website?

Also, what is the "Connect with Facebook and Google+" on our profile pages? I signed in there with both Facebook and Google+ but it does nothing. I was hoping it would update social media whenever I begin a new flight but it does not.

Hi Brent10 :)

Regarding the flight time issue, can you post a link to a flight mission that shows this issue? Let me know what was the actual local flight time compared to the time shows in the mission page and we will investigate this more closely quickly. We already implemented several fixes related to mission time offset, but I suspect we still have a few cases that needs some attention and fixing -- your feedback should help us get this fixed quickly.

Regarding the Sign-In options, using the Sign-In settings section you can link multiple social accounts with your Flytrex account. Currently you can link accounts from Facebook, Twitter or Google, in addition to the stand-alone sign-in (email). You can also link multiple social-accounts from the same provider (e.g., two separate Facebook accounts) with your Flytrex account.

When linked with a social network you can now sign-in to your Flytrex account with any of the linked social networks, making it easier to sign-in to your Flytrex account, especially if you're used to work with multiple social accounts.

Regarding posting status updates - currently our system will only post status updates to Facebook. Status updates are posted when uploading a mission manually (if using the Flytrex Core), or, when taking off a flight mission in realtime, inviting your friends to join your flight in real time! :)

The Facebook share feature will work with the Facebook account linked with your Flytrex account.

If your Facebook account is linked with your Flytrex account yet you can't see any status updates posted to your Facebook Timeline, please let me know and I'll gladly review with you the different settings that you might need to enable to get this working.

Looking forward for your follow-up. Thanks! :)

First the good news... my Flytrex arrived yesterday! Following is the complete chronology:

- March 9th: Ordered Flytrex Live 3G plus CAN Bus Adapter with $25 EMS Express shipping
- March 17th: Got email from Flytrex "Your Flytrex is on its way" with EMS tracking number
- March 18th 14:01: The EMS item is being forwarded to the EMS sorting center before sending it abroad
- March 18th 21:04: The EMS item was sent to the United States
- March 25th 22:50: The EMS item arrived to the EMS Sorting in the United States
- March 27th 08:44: The EMS item was sent to the post office nearest the addressee in the United States
- March 27th 08:45: Delivery attempt was made in the United States [not sure what this means - they didn't come to my house]
- March 28th 12:25: The EMS item was sent to the post office nearest the addressee in the United States
- March 28th: Delivered by USPS

dirtdummy, by the way it was reassuring that my Flytrex had a companion on its trip across the Atlantic. ;)

Anyway, now the "not-as-good news"... It almost works but not quite.... What I've done:

1. Installed in my Phantom.

2. Loaded updated firmware 18.20150205 (it arrived with firmware version #17) using the Flytrex Live 3G Programmer app

3. Activated and installed H2O Wireless SIM with $10 "H2O LTE MINUTE" plan

4. Used APN Programmer function of Flytrex Live Programmer to set APN Name to "PRODATA"

When I power up the Phantom over several seconds the lights go from Red to Purple to Blue and finally Green. It stays solid green but when I log into the Flytrex website and click on the Last Seen link it says "NO LOCATION SIGNAL RECEIVED FROM THIS LIVE. THIS USUALLY INDICATES LIVE DEVICE WAS NEVER USED UP UNTIL NOW."

According to the FAQ it says Flashing Green mean "Live connection established successfully." Mine is solid green - not sure if this is different.

It seems like I have a connection to Flytrex. For example, when I click on Manage Live Device it recognizes that I have the latest firmware. Originally it showed version #17 and now it shows #18 - I think the only way it could know this is if it connected successfully.

Any ideas? Support request to Flytrex?

- Scott

Hi Scott :)

Thank you for the update! I'm glad to hear that the Flytrex shipment have finally arrived! I'm sorry for the delay you experienced -- our shipping company have had some major delays the past few weeks due to weather conditions in the east coast the past few weeks and many of our shipments have taken much longer to arrive than usual. Things seems to be working much faster now and this really shouldn't happen again in the future.

Regarding the solid green light - this means that your Live is working OK and is connecting to the Flytrex server, but indicates that the data cable isn't connected to the Flytrex Live unit and basically no data input is coming to the Live 3G. It is possible that the wire got broken or was left unconnected.

If possible, please upload a few pictures showing the wiring and connections connected to the Flytrex Live 3G system and I'll gladly review those and let you know what I can find.

If needed, of course we will ship to you a replacement cable ASAP and make sure we et everything working for you.

Thanks! :)

Hi Scott :)

Thank you for the update! I'm glad to hear that the Flytrex shipment have finally arrived! I'm sorry for the delay you experienced -- our shipping company have had some major delays the past few weeks due to weather conditions in the east coast the past few weeks and many of our shipments have taken much longer to arrive than usual. Things seems to be working much faster now and this really shouldn't happen again in the future.

Regarding the solid green light - this means that your Live is working OK and is connecting to the Flytrex server, but indicates that the data cable isn't connected to the Flytrex Live unit and basically no data input is coming to the Live 3G. It is possible that the wire got broken or was left unconnected.

If possible, please upload a few pictures showing the wiring and connections connected to the Flytrex Live 3G system and I'll gladly review those and let you know what I can find.

If needed, of course we will ship to you a replacement cable ASAP and make sure we et everything working for you.

Thanks! :)
IMG_20150331_115741.jpg IMG_20150331_115911.jpg IMG_20150331_120001.jpg
Amit, attached are three photos showing the connections. When I took the photo showing the CAN Bus Adapter the Phantom 2 Vision+ V3.0 was powered on.

The Phantom had a flashing green light indicating a good GPS signal. However, the Flytrex had a solid green light.

FYI I also sent this information to Nir who responded this morning to my ticket #690 that I opened on Sunday.

One question... after powering on the Phantom and getting the fast flashes indicating 6 or more satellites, should the Flytrex start flashing green without starting the Phantom motors?

- Scott

Regarding the flight time issue, can you post a link to a flight mission that shows this issue? Let me know what was the actual local flight time compared to the time shows in the mission page and we will investigate this more closely quickly. We already implemented several fixes related to mission time offset, but I suspect we still have a few cases that needs some attention and fixing -- your feedback should help us get this fixed quickly.

. . .

If your Facebook account is linked with your Flytrex account yet you can't see any status updates posted to your Facebook Timeline, please let me know and I'll gladly review with you the different settings that you might need to enable to get this working.

Amit,

The time from one of the video files from this mission is 4:39 PM.
The time shown on Flytrex website is 9:24 PM.
http://www.flytrex.com/mission/quadcopter-phantom-2-vision-v3-brent-newman-yUE89gBA/

The time from one of the video files from this mission is 8:20 AM.
The time shown on Flytrex website is 1:20 PM.
http://www.flytrex.com/mission/quadcopter-phantom-2-vision-v3-brent-newman-G2BaxwuX/?
c=7414

Both of these flights were in CST timezone.

I have Facebook account linked with my Flytrex account but I never saw any status updates posted to my Facebook timeline when I started a live Flytrex flight.

Otherwise, the Flytrex Live 3G worked amazingly well.

Last edited:

Hi Amit. I sent an email to support on this issue on 2/23. I have also posted on facebook and this forum as well. I am surprised you are not aware and have to reinvent the process to get a resolution. I sent pictures of screen shots showing the errors and Nir Hirsch responded almost month later on 3/19 with an update.

"Thank you for the response, I have now forwarded your time issue on to the developers and I hope that soon they will fix this bug. I will keep you updated regarding this.
As for the problem with the Android app, the programmers are aware of this bug and are currently working on it.
I am sorry I cannot solve any of your problems right now, but out team is working around the clock to have all these little bugs fixed as soon as possible. Please tell me if there is anything else I can help you with."

Doesn't appear to be a quick fix. I have noticed that in the mornings my missions show the correct time and it shows "PST" (UTC-8) for my time zone. The screen shots I sent were before the time change to PDT. By the afternoon the times are forward 8 hours and the PST is gone. This is on all missions with 2 different Phantom 2's, each with Live 3G. It seems to be related to UTC. Possibly when UTC gets to midnight but I have seen it change at different times in the afternoon. I noticed Brent10 is in CDT, his missions and a few missions I flew in CDT are 5 hours forward when UTC is -5 for CDT. I would be more than happy to provide you with any other details you may need to get this resolved. I just don't understand why only a few users are having this issue. Waiting a month just to get an update that it has been forwarded to developer is not good support and not investigating quickly.

Last edited:

Regarding the Sign-In options, using the Sign-In settings section you can link multiple social accounts with your Flytrex account. Currently you can link accounts from Facebook, Twitter or Google, in addition to the stand-alone sign-in (email). You can also link multiple social-accounts from the same provider (e.g., two separate Facebook accounts) with your Flytrex account.

When linked with a social network you can now sign-in to your Flytrex account with any of the linked social networks, making it easier to sign-in to your Flytrex account, especially if you're used to work with multiple social accounts.

Regarding posting status updates - currently our system will only post status updates to Facebook. Status updates are posted when uploading a mission manually (if using the Flytrex Core), or, when taking off a flight mission in realtime, inviting your friends to join your flight in real time! :)

The Facebook share feature will work with the Facebook account linked with your Flytrex account.

Hi Amit,
So posting missions to Facebook only works with Flytrex core and not Live 3G?
Thanks Don

Hi Amit,
So posting missions to Facebook only works with Flytrex core and not Live 3G?
Thanks Don
It posts to FB when you manually upload your mission from Core, or when you take off using the Live. Make sure your account is set to post to FB on new missions.

Reactions: amitregev
It posts to FB when you manually upload your mission from Core, or when you take off using the Live. Make sure your account is set to post to FB on new missions.
I am linked to FB and have the Live 3g but no mission shows up on FB.:(

I am linked to FB and have the Live 3g but no mission shows up on FB.:(
Could you possibly be confusing using FB to log into the Flytrex site with actually enabling the FB share feature in your profile? Kinda sounds like that's what's happening here.

Could you possibly be confusing using FB to log into the Flytrex site with actually enabling the FB share feature in your profile? Kinda sounds like that's what's happening here.
It is enabled in my profile I have toggled it on and off. I saw another member a few pages back in this thread that had the sane problem.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart