Flytrex Live 3G Released - Review

SteveMann said:
I have not actually gone back into into the original T-Mobile store that I started with & began a dialog fixing the problem, but when I do I will be sure to take the email response I just listed with me & see if I can not only fix the "7 Day" Issue, but also modify the plan to make it more inline with that $40.00 a year total cost deal!
Were you going to a T-Mobile dealer or to an actual T-Mobile store? In my experience with T-mobile is that the dealer does what profits him the most (and the dealer usually does not know all the plan options), and the store prioritizes the customer.
The question to ask first is "are you a dealer or owned by T-Mobile?"

Actual T-Mobile store...

M

Don't even try to explain to your provider what you need a sim card for. Just tell them you need a micro sim for your tablet and you want to add it to you existing data plan which 99% of the time equally to $10/month. I found the more I tried to explain what I was doing to my provider the more confused they got and the more they wanted to charge me. Just pull the card out of your phone and try it in the flytrex, if it works go to that provider and just ask to add a tablet plan to your account. DONE!

bergenfelter said:
What is the usual time for express shipping from Flytrex Israel to the US - Midwest? Does it usually get handed off to the local US postal service?

Thanks!

Hi Bergenfelter and all, :)

Shipments to the US usually go pretty quickly. Using Express Shipping it usually takes between 4 to 5 days to arrive form shipment.

However, for the past few weeks our shipping service have experienced delays with shipments to the US due to the recent weather conditions on the east coast. Our express shipments are routed through EMS with final delivery inside the US handled by USPS. Myself and the team have been in contact with our shipping service pretty much on a daily basis and have been told that the recent delays are due to the extreme weather that have led to sorting and distribution delays of shipments on the USPS center.

For the past two days we finally started seeing some of the delayed shipments getting released and had their tracking status update as they were back on track to their final destination for delivery. We still have shipments to the US that are stuck in the sorting center, but we were promised things will get back on track in the next few days so I do believe it shouldn't take much longer.

I'd also like to explain that we are monitoring this case closely and we will make sure every shipment arrives to its customer. We've been working with this shipping service for over a year now and have shipped thousands of shipments with them. Over the past year and a bit we've had very few issues with them, so we have decided at this stage to continue working with them as we do feel this is a one time issue and understand weather might have caused some trouble in this case.

If we'll see more trouble with shipments with upcoming weeks we will definitely make sure to setup alternative shipping routs to make sure that our shipments get to our customers quickly and safely.

This situation have only affected shipments going out to the US between certain dates (around end of Jan to Feb). From what we've seen, it seems that newer shipments that were sent to the US at the end of February are moving faster, so it seems they have some backlog of shipments they are now catching up with.

Please accept our apologies for this delay. We've been doing the best we can from our side to get shipments moving back again and we will to make sure any shipment that was delayed gets shipped as quickly as possible.

Let me know if I can help with any additional details about this situation. Thanks! :)

DrJoe said:
As soon as I wrapped the cables, the sat problem was eliminated. Good luck, please post your results.

Hi DrJoe :)

As far as we can tell from our testing we've never seen any reports about sat reception issues, but I do suspect this might be related to the actual mounting location of the unit or the routing of the Live installation cable, so I can't tell for sure.

However, we do understand that this might be a concern for users and a few weeks ago we introduced the CAN-BUS Adapter. When installing the Live using the CAN-BUS adapter the user doesn't need to install any cables on the GPS routing, hence solving any possible issues as these. Instead, the Live is now connected to the CAN-BUS port, which is designed and dedicated for flight data processing - making the Live integrate seamlessly with the Phantom Vision/Plus systems.

I hope this helps and of course I'll be glad to answer any other questions on this. :)

Amit,

I ordered a FL3G from UAV Outlets yesterday. Looking forward to installing it on my Phantom 2. Can you confirm what dealer said regarding Canbus: that it doesn't offer any new functionality, just saves you from having to open the shell? I have my shell open on a regular basis, so don't mind that at all. If, however, there was additional functionality from the Canbus method, I would consider that.

Thanks,
Kelly

amitregev said:
bergenfelter said:
What is the usual time for express shipping from Flytrex Israel to the US - Midwest? Does it usually get handed off to the local US postal service?

Thanks!

Shipments to the US usually go pretty quickly. Using Express Shipping it usually takes between 4 to 5 days to arrive form shipment.

However, for the past few weeks our shipping service have experienced delays with shipments to the US due to the recent weather conditions on the east coast. Our express shipments are routed through EMS with final delivery inside the US handled by USPS. Myself and the team have been in contact with our shipping service pretty much on a daily basis and have been told that the recent delays are due to the extreme weather that have led to sorting and distribution delays of shipments on the USPS center.

For the past two days we finally started seeing some of the delayed shipments getting released and had their tracking status update as they were back on track to their final destination for delivery. We still have shipments to the US that are stuck in the sorting center, but we were promised things will get back on track in the next few days so I do believe it shouldn't take much longer.

I'd also like to explain that we are monitoring this case closely and we will make sure every shipment arrives to its customer. We've been working with this shipping service for over a year now and have shipped thousands of shipments with them. Over the past year and a bit we've had very few issues with them, so we have decided at this stage to continue working with them as we do feel this is a one time issue and understand weather might have caused some trouble in this case.

If we'll see more trouble with shipments with upcoming weeks we will definitely make sure to setup alternative shipping routs to make sure that our shipments get to our customers quickly and safely.

This situation have only affected shipments going out to the US between certain dates (around end of Jan to Feb). From what we've seen, it seems that newer shipments that were sent to the US at the end of February are moving faster, so it seems they have some backlog of shipments they are now catching up with.

Please accept our apologies for this delay. We've been doing the best we can from our side to get shipments moving back again and we will to make sure any shipment that was delayed gets shipped as quickly as possible.

Let me know if I can help with any additional details about this situation. Thanks! :)

Well it looks like the albatross finally landed in NYC. Just got a text update from NY USPS. Thanks for the updates Amit.

Does anyone know why the flight paths aren't being mapped onto google maps today? All my data is there except for the flight tracking on the map.

jasonnelson007 said:
Does anyone know why the flight paths aren't being mapped onto google maps today? All my data is there except for the flight tracking on the map.

Flytrex had an update today that may have had some effect on your setup.

jasonnelson007 said:
Just my setup? I looked at a bunch of them today and they are all missing. What do I need to do then? Any ideas?

Sorry guys for the missing flight path on the site display! We just got this fixed about an hour ago -- all flights will show path back again as before.

We just rolled a new site update that now shows flight-mode colors on the flight path and this was a small glitch as a result of this change.

With the new flight mode you'll now see different colors showing on the flight path indicating the actual flight mode used at any stage of the flight (GPS, ATT, Manual or Fail-Safe). This feature is available for those flying with the CAN-BUS Adapter only. We still need to do a bit more fine tune to the new flight-mode UI and hope to finish it today and announce it officially later on today or tomorrow.

Let me know in case you experience any other problem. Thanks! :)

wkf94025 said:
Amit,

I ordered a FL3G from UAV Outlets yesterday. Looking forward to installing it on my Phantom 2. Can you confirm what dealer said regarding Canbus: that it doesn't offer any new functionality, just saves you from having to open the shell? I have my shell open on a regular basis, so don't mind that at all. If, however, there was additional functionality from the Canbus method, I would consider that.

Thanks,
Kelly

Hi Kellly,

Almost :)

Using the CAN-BUS Adapter and the Phantom 2 you'll indeed be able to install the system via the plug placed on the Phantom 2 landing gear, plus, you won't need to solder the red and black wires at all, so the installation is 100% plug-and-play (you can cut those wires completely if you wish or tape them securely. Cover them to make sure they don't short with each other).

In addition to the simplified installation, when using the CAN-BUS adapter the Live also logs and transmits additional flight data that isn't available when using the basic installation cable. Currently we're presenting compass heading (in addition to the flight direction, which is displayed even with the basic installation cable), and we just added flight-mode display that lets you see the flight mode used at any stage of the flight. We hope to introduce additional data for those using the CAN-BUS in the upcoming days.

I hope this helps. :)

bergenfelter said:
amitregev said:
bergenfelter said:

Thanks!

Well it looks like the albatross finally landed in NYC. Just got a text update from NY USPS. Thanks for the updates Amit.

Thanks bergenfelter for the update!

Indeed it seems like about 80-90% of the packages that were delayed are finally moving again and hopefully will reach their destination towards the end of this week. We continue to review this closely on a daily basis. :)

...Hey Woody! ...Yeah Buzz?

.....Haven't we seen this show before?

Attachments

• samestory.jpg
    samestory.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 298
amitregev said:
wkf94025 said:
Amit,

Thanks,
Kelly

Hi Kellly,

Almost :)

Using the CAN-BUS Adapter and the Phantom 2 you'll indeed be able to install the system via the plug placed on the Phantom 2 landing gear, plus, you won't need to solder the red and black wires at all, so the installation is 100% plug-and-play (you can cut those wires completely if you wish or tape them securely. Cover them to make sure they don't short with each other).

In addition to the simplified installation, when using the CAN-BUS adapter the Live also logs and transmits additional flight data that isn't available when using the basic installation cable. Currently we're presenting compass heading (in addition to the flight direction, which is displayed even with the basic installation cable), and we just added flight-mode display that lets you see the flight mode used at any stage of the flight. We hope to introduce additional data for those using the CAN-BUS in the upcoming days.

I hope this helps. :)

UAV Outlet and other dealers please take note: There is more to the CAN-BUS adapter than just ease of installation. That confirms my suspicions when you told me otherwise on Tuesday.

My end goal, Amit, is smooth integration of GPS location of each photo for use in Pix4D or similar mapping / 3D applications. I assume Flytrex is already looking closely at that space. If not, you should be! Call Pix4D today.

Kelly

I was pretty excited ed about the new update until I read that it's only available on the can-bus units considering they came out pretty much the day I received the soldered one. Can I convert mine? I would really like the new feature.

Update: UAV Outlets called me shortly after my previous post, and are sending me a CAN-BUS cable for the Flytrex Live 3G. Like all of us, they are learning this new technology with us along the way. Good vendor.

Kelly

jasonnelson007 said:
I was pretty excited ed about the new update until I read that it's only available on the can-bus units considering they came out pretty much the day I received the soldered one. Can I convert mine? I would really like the new feature.

There's nothing to convert. Just buy the CAN-BUS adapter and plug it in.

wkf94025 said:
Update: UAV Outlets called me shortly after my previous post, and are sending me a CAN-BUS cable for the Flytrex Live 3G. Like all of us, they are learning this new technology with us along the way. Good vendor.

Kelly

Wow so if we all post here they might call and send us a Can-Bus Adapter?

I actually already paid for a Can-Bus Adapter last week. Around 6hrs latter I get a email from the manufacturer whom I order from said he had them in stock. I also received a email from his shipping department that the order was almost ready and would soon be shipped. That has been the last I heard about it, no shipping email, no tracking info, nothing but bad service. Had I known this I would have ordered from UAV Outlets without any hesitation.

Kelly, I'm curious. have you ever had any trouble ordering from UAV Outlets as in not responding to your attempts to reach them, or misinform you on when your order was being shipped and then a week or longer go by and they not follow up with about your purchase?

+1 to flyNfrank. I placed separate orders last week for the 3G and Canbus. In respect of the 3G I immediately received the standard, "your order is ready for shipping" reply but nothing in relation to the Canbus. Like frankNfly I am still waiting for notice that my items have been despatched.

Flytrex really need to get their act together as far as communicating with its customers is concerned. If you know that you are unable to meet the demand, then why send out an email stating, " We ship every 48 hours, so your Flytrex should be on its way very soon now." I'm sure that I am not alone in saying that we would far rather Flytrex was honest and upfront instead of mishandling orders the way that they do at present.

Over to you Amit.

jasonnelson007 said:

Jason,

Yes you can convert your existing unit to CAN-BUS. All you need to do is order one from one of the dealers near you (due to extremely poor delivery track record from Isreal). Once you have it in-hand, crack the case, unsolder the unit and reconnect it through the CAN-BUS interface. There are a number of videos that will walk you through the steps.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakob08z