Flytrex Live 3G Released - Review

Pretty excited today. Good sat reception today. 9-10 says the whole time flying don't know what changed unless it's just my area. Did a compass calibration which I don't think had anything to do with it but it works awesome now. Finally also got to try out my fpvlr stage 2 antennas.

Can someone tell me how to get the file of my flytrex to overlay onto race renderer? Also wondering why it's logging a flight just when I turn it on even if I don't fly it. It never used to do this. Turned it on to pull the video off it then logged into flytrex and there is another flight. I thought there was an algorithm to prevent this?

heady said:
My Live 3G is on the way. A Function "Acoustic Lipo-Voltage-Warning" in the App (Android/IPhone) would be nice.

+1, great idea.

jasonnelson007 said:
Can someone tell me how to get the file of my flytrex to overlay onto race renderer? Also wondering why it's logging a flight just when I turn it on even if I don't fly it. It never used to do this. Turned it on to pull the video off it then logged into flytrex and there is another flight. I thought there was an algorithm to prevent this?

When I get back home to my office, I'll try and post some pics or video to show you how to bring your Flytrex .csv file into RaceRender 3. As for the non-flight test showing up as a mission... I have had a few show up and a few have not (I perform a tied-down test flight after any kind of equipment change). Mine are usually inside my house, and GPS is very sketchy. I believe the algorhythm looks for things like distance from home to indicate an actual flight happening, but whatever parameters are evaluated, if they are exceeded, it thinks it was an actual flight.

When I loose and re-acquire my satellites indoors, my indicated GPS position can change significantly until it tunes back in and tightens up, making it appear I travelled quite a bit. Below is a pic off one such tied-down test flight. No movement at all, just GPS fluctuations inside my house. This pic also demonstrates why all my Flytrex missions/images are set to PRIVATE until I review them and decide to share something in particular. This drone was inside my house the whole time, but it sure does appear I went peeping over at my neighbors swimming pool. This flight apparently made it past the algorhythym because of the distances collected.

Attachments

• Flytrex_idle.jpg
    Flytrex_idle.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 340
Chuck26287 said:
jasonnelson007 said:

When I get back home to my office, I'll try and post some pics or video to show you how to bring your Flytrex .csv file into RaceRender 3. As for the non-flight test showing up as a mission... I have had a few show up and a few have not (I perform a tied-down test flight after any kind of equipment change). Mine are usually inside my house, and GPS is very sketchy. I believe the algorhythm looks for things like distance from home to indicate an actual flight happening, but whatever parameters are evaluated, if they are exceeded, it thinks it was an actual flight.

When I loose and re-acquire my satellites indoors, my indicated GPS position can change significantly until it tunes back in and tightens up, making it appear I travelled quite a bit. Below is a pic off one such tied-down test flight. No movement at all, just GPS fluctuations inside my house. This pic also demonstrates why all my Flytrex missions/images are set to PRIVATE until I review them and decide to share something in particular. This drone was inside my house the whole time, but it sure does appear I went peeping over at my neighbors swimming pool. This flight apparently made it past the algorhythym because of the distances collected.
Hey that would be awesome. That's a good idea about making them private until a guy wants to share something. Everytime I turn mine on now it's recording a flight. It never used to last week. Strange.

Thanks Amit and thanks all.. Everything is finally sorted and working like a charm!
I was able to log a few flights today and for the first time went over 300 feet with FPV... Yippeee!!! What next? :D

jasonnelson007 said:
Hey that would be awesome. That's a good idea about making them private until a guy wants to share something. Everytime I turn mine on now it's recording a flight. It never used to last week. Strange.

Check yout PM Inbox.

I just ordered my Flytrex 3G Live with the can bus adapter a couple of days ago for my P2V+. Ordered off their web store - any idea on lead time to Midwest US? Have not heard anything since placing my order.

I am in the same situation, BERGENFEITER, I placed my Flytrex/CAN-BUS (+ expedited shipping) order on their site on 2/11 and received the "Your Flytrex is almost ready" but since then, nothing. The email states they ship every 48 hours but I'm thinking it's because of the weekend they are closed? I'm anxious, not at all angry.

bergenfelter said:
I just ordered my Flytrex 3G Live with the can bus adapter a couple of days ago for my P2V+. Ordered off their web store - any idea on lead time to Midwest US? Have not heard anything since placing my order.

milspecjsc said:
I am in the same situation, BERGENFEITER, I placed my Flytrex/CAN-BUS (+ expedited shipping) order on their site on 2/11 and received the "Your Flytrex is almost ready" but since then, nothing. The email states they ship every 48 hours but I'm thinking it's because of the weekend they are closed? I'm anxious, not at all angry.

I ordered mine Feb 3 with express shipping and had not heard anything since the "almost ready" email. I emailed a couple of days ago and got a reply today. They were apologetic and explained that they had more defective units than they were expecting on this production run, so they were making corrections and hope to ship within the next week. Good enough answer for me. I am glad that they test the units before sending them out.

terrylowe said:
bergenfelter said:

milspecjsc said:

I ordered mine Feb 3 with express shipping and had not heard anything since the "almost ready" email. I emailed a couple of days ago and got a reply today. They were apologetic and explained that they had more defective units than they were expecting on this production run, so they were making corrections and hope to ship within the next week. Good enough answer for me. I am glad that they test the units before sending them out.

Absolutely agree!!

I also ordered with express shipping. It still takes a month. But!!! You will not be dissapointed. After flying with it you'll wonder how you were crazy enough to fly without it.

bergenfelter said:
terrylowe said:
bergenfelter said:

milspecjsc said:

Absolutely agree!!

Thank you Terry for passing this along. Keeping the customer updated is key as we've seen (negatively) with DJI. With any hope they've corrected the issue and they'll begin shipping soon and of course update the customer with a realistic delivery date.

Hi guys,

My name is Amit Regev and I'm part of the Flytrex team.

Unfortunately during testing we found that part of our last CAN BUS batch was defective (more than the usual faulty devices we usually see during QA) and therefore ran out of stock of CAN BUS adapters about two weeks earlier than originally expected.

Since then we've been working closely with our factory to speed up manufacturing of new CAN BUS stock so we could get back on CAN BUS shipments as quickly as possible. The good news is that we already finished manufacturing of the new CAN BUS stock and it is now in transit to our offices. We are expected to receive the new stock this Wednesday or Thursday.

Once received, we will start catching up with all CAN-BUS pending orders and expect to finish catching up with all pending orders within 3-4 days, so it shouldn't take much longer.

We're very sorry about this delay and inconvenience! We do our best to estimate stock and ship as quickly as possible.

I hope this helps and will post some good updates in the next few days. :)

bergenfelter said:

Hi bergenfelter :)

Please see my post above this for a bit more details about current shipment status.

Overall we are in full stock, expect for the CAN-BUS adapters that should be here this Wednesday/Thursday as well. You can expect to have your order shipped towards the end of this week or start of upcoming week. We'll do our best to ship as quickly as possible.

I'm very sorry for this delay! :/

Amit, please respond to my email. Thanks.

Frank

amitregev said:
Hi guys,

My name is Amit Regev and I'm part of the Flytrex team.

Unfortunately during testing we found that part of our last CAN BUS batch was defective (more than the usual faulty devices we usually see during QA) and therefore ran out of stock of CAN BUS adapters about two weeks earlier than originally expected.

Since then we've been working closely with our factory to speed up manufacturing of new CAN BUS stock so we could get back on CAN BUS shipments as quickly as possible. The good news is that we already finished manufacturing of the new CAN BUS stock and it is now in transit to our offices. We are expected to receive the new stock this Wednesday or Thursday.

Once received, we will start catching up with all CAN-BUS pending orders and expect to finish catching up with all pending orders within 3-4 days, so it shouldn't take much longer.

We're very sorry about this delay and inconvenience! We do our best to estimate stock and ship as quickly as possible.

I hope this helps and will post some good updates in the next few days. :)

Hello Amit,

Thanks for stopping back by with an update. Delays are always a dissappointment, but I'd rather wait, and have a quality product arrive.

I've asked in a couple places, and even gotten one reply from Rebecca Hecht, but have heard nothing more about a request for a copy of the enhanced log file that is produced when using the Can Bus Adapter. I would really like to have a sample of this file to work with it with some third party programs such as DashWare and RaceRender while waiting on my Can Bus Adapters to arrive. You have a sample of the standard exports files available on the website to download... is there a reason this new enhanced version of the .csv file can't be provided or made available on the website just like the standard version?

Thanks! Still looking forward to hearing back on this.

Chuck26287 said:
Thanks for stopping back by with an update. Delays are always a dissappointment, but I'd rather wait, and have a quality product arrive.

I echo that. Thanks for the communication!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart