Flytrex Live 3G Released - Review

djifan said:
bbfpv said:
djifan said:
Got my unit today and it is nicely tucked on the under belly of my P2.... Yippeeee!!!
Thanks Amit for hand-holding me through this. I received the unit without any customs hasstles.... so thanks a lot once again.

Now back to trouble shooting mode :D

My 3g connection wont work but another sim with 2g does and i get the blinking green led. Whereas with the 3g sim it stays purple for most part and then goes blue for some time before turning red again. What am I doing wrong?

I read this somewhere and not sure if it has anything to do with my problem.
No 2G GPRS data plan - Flytrex Live requires GPRS data connection. If using a SIM with only 3G or 4G data plan Flytrex Live will fail establishing network connection and the LED will remain purple.

I have a 3g plan but no 2g and if the above is true(i wonder why?) then could this be the root cause of the issue? Thanks

A solid blue LED means the Flytrex can hit the servers, so you're getting a data connection. Are you sure you bought the "Live 3G" and not the an older "Live" which is 2G only? They are identical looking and the only way to know is to look at its name on the Flytrex website. Under your account settings click on Live, and it will have your unit listed there "Live 3G, ID xxxxxxxxxxx". If it just say Live, then you've got an older model.
Thanks a lot.

Here is what it says when I click on Live under Account Settings:
Live Device (not linked to aircraft)
Live 3G, ID FL XXXXXXXXXXX

So I think I do have the 3G version. Anyone having only 3g(WCDMA) plan and not 2g(GSM/GPRS)? Thanks Again

A Flytrex Live 3G ID Number will start out showing FL13G****** A NON Live 3G will start out as FL1WM*****

I may be overthinking this but....

If I buy this card tomorrow - http://www.bestbuy.com/site/h2o-wireles ... Id=7324099

How do I activate it with H2O wireless so it works with the Flytrex? I looked online on their site and I don't see the option to activate it on the $10 pay as you go plan. Do I need to call them to get it activated correctly? Since I'm using it with the drone I obviously don't have a phone number to give them but I did find the IMEI code from the Flytrex.

Flavor911 said:

If I buy this card tomorrow - http://www.bestbuy.com/site/h2o-wireles ... Id=7324099

How do I activate it with H2O wireless so it works with the Flytrex? I looked online on their site and I don't see the option to activate it on the $10 pay as you go plan. Do I need to call them to get it activated correctly? Since I'm using it with the drone I obviously don't have a phone number to give them but I did find the IMEI code from the Flytrex.

A copy of my post on page 16:

You want to order the H2O Dual Smart SIM ($9.99). If it's easier, you can buy them off the rack in a clamshell pack at Best Buy. That's how I bought mine. Just activated it online at H2OWirelessNow.com/activate earlier today. Extremely easy and smooth. Using the ActFast code that comes with the card, you don't even have to know your Flytrex Live 3G IMEI number (which I don't think you can get until you register the Flytrex Live 3G with your Flytrex account, then it updates your info with it). Then you charge the card. The only confusing thing was the option for the Pay As You Go Plan... nothing said "Pay As You Go" on that form... you select the "MINUTE PLAN" for pay as you go. Then put $10 on it and your set.

Then, insert the SIM into the Flytrex Live 3G, fire it up and wait for the flashing green light. Worked great. Then I went to my live flight page on the Flytrex server, and there I was, right where I was supposed to be. Very acurate position, even through my house. I then went back to check how much was still on the SIM, and it had $9.97. $0.03 to set everything up and verify operation. Oh yeah... I also updated the firmware during that time.

Reading the Flytrex Core 2 instructions - they say to add a backup.txt file directly to your root directory. I assume that means do not make a folder then add the filename?
I do not know how to add a filename directly to the root directory in Windows? Anyone else had this issue? thanks.

Chuck26287 said:
Flavor911 said:

A copy of my post on page 16:

You want to order the H2O Dual Smart SIM ($9.99). If it's easier, you can buy them off the rack in a clamshell pack at Best Buy. That's how I bought mine. Just activated it online at H2OWirelessNow.com/activate earlier today. Extremely easy and smooth. Using the ActFast code that comes with the card, you don't even have to know your Flytrex Live 3G IMEI number (which I don't think you can get until you register the Flytrex Live 3G with your Flytrex account, then it updates your info with it). Then you charge the card. The only confusing thing was the option for the Pay As You Go Plan... nothing said "Pay As You Go" on that form... you select the "MINUTE PLAN" for pay as you go. Then put $10 on it and your set.

Then, insert the SIM into the Flytrex Live 3G, fire it up and wait for the flashing green light. Worked great. Then I went to my live flight page on the Flytrex server, and there I was, right where I was supposed to be. Very acurate position, even through my house. I then went back to check how much was still on the SIM, and it had $9.97. $0.03 to set everything up and verify operation. Oh yeah... I also updated the firmware during that time.

Thanks for the info. I found the card at Best Buy $9.99 and it was in a clam shell. It said Pay As You Go and it was a Smart Sim. My activation experience was easy but different that yours.

When I went to the h2Owireless.com/activate link I was able to enter all the data it asked or except for the Airtime PIN which was the last piece it asked for. I then decided to simply call the H2O customer service phone number. Over the automated system I selected to open a new account with a new phone number, it asked for the card's ACTFast number and then it gave me a phone number. Once I had the number I was able to simply go to https://www.h2owirelessnow.com/mainCont ... =rechargeB where I loaded $10 on the card. Popped the card in the Flytrex and it works great. No IMEI needed. I guess that's where the Smart Sim part comes in.

I had previously set up H20 thru their automated system including getting a phone number

NewEgg emailed me the refill card, when you click on view/print, card pops up with 10 digit number right below it

Returning to H20 I kept getting an error on the refill 10 didgit card number

Calling 800-643-4926 then pressing 9 I got a live person who then informed me that 10 digits can't be done online that only CS can do that.

She entered NewEgg number on her end and Boom, I had credit to use on Flytrex

Just saying this in case anyone else runs into this.

Put the Phantom in the truck and went for a drive while my Wife watched the trip online including carrying the Phantom the last 15 steps to the front door, Very Cool!

Best part, made my Wife a Believer!

Anyone know why my missing posting time would be wrong? My last mission ended at 5:20 EST but it posted as though it took place at 6:20 AM. Is there a place to adjust the time zone or something?

Mine was about 6 hours out too. Also I never had a problem with gps signal before the install but now dropped under 6 Satalites multiple times. Anyone know why.

Nobody else has had this problem after installing the flytrex 3g? Gps reception is really poor now. Constantly kicking into Atti mode while flying.

flyNfrank said:
A Flytrex Live 3G ID Number will start out showing FL13G****** A NON Live 3G will start out as FL1WM*****
Mine starts with FL15U******. Thanks

flyNfrank said:

Hmmm.. Mine just arrived and it starts out as FL1TTTTxxxxxx, Model No. L100 :geek:

Anyone figure out a way to use split screen on Samsung S tab

I'd like to be able to use Google mapsalong with Flytrex "last seen" app open so I can see where the the bird is in case it goes down while seeing where I am at the same time so I know where I'm walking.

I can split screen with other apps on Samsung Galaxy S 10.5 tablet but not with Flytrex.

Re: Anyone figure out a way to use split screen on Samsung S

Navman said:
I'd like to be able to use Google mapsalong with Flytrex "last seen" app open so I can see where the the bird is in case it goes down while seeing where I am at the same time so I know where I'm walking.

I can split screen with other apps on Samsung Galaxy S 10.5 tablet but not with Flytrex.

My Flytrex app on Android does exactly what you are describing. The red dot is the last seen location and the blue dot is your present location. It also gives you the elapsed time since last seen and distance. Make sure you have the latest version of the app.

Re: Anyone figure out a way to use split screen on Samsung S

Aw Geez, just took the Flytrex outside for it's maiden on the Phantom 2.

Just like you say, Red dot and a Blue dot.

Tried to get to the PC to delete my novice question but you're too fast on the keyboard PhantomPhreak

Thanks for such a faaaast reply lol :oops:

Got 10 Sats real quick too.

Keep trying to make Flytrex complicated, when it isn't, it just works even, for Senior moments :roll:

PhantomPhreak said:
Navman said:
I'd like to be able to use Google maps along with Flytrex "last seen" app open so I can see where the the bird is in case it goes down while seeing where I am at the same time so I know where I'm walking.

My Flytrex app on Android does exactly what you are describing. The red dot is the last seen location and the blue dot is your present location. It also gives you the elapsed time since last seen and distance. Make sure you have the latest version of the app.

Navman said:
flyNfrank said:

Hmmm.. Mine just arrived and it starts out as FL1TTTTxxxxxx, Model No. L100 :geek:

Sorry I just saw this. The L100 is on both versions. If you indeed do have a 3G then they may have changed the ID numbers again.

So the difference in the two is one is 2G and the other 3G. You can have a 2G and still access everything as long as you are receiving a 2G signal. This really only matters if you live in the US.

No worries Frank, you are an awesome help to so many of us in the flytrex learning curve :mrgreen:

Looking at my flytrex receipt, it says "Live 3G" other than that, don't know at this time how to tell.

Out of the blue yesterday my Wife says "it still amazes me what that little thing can do" thought she was talking about me :oops:

Life is Good :mrgreen:

flyNfrank said:
Navman said:
flyNfrank said:

Sorry I just saw this. The L100 is on both versions. If you indeed do have a 3G then they may have changed the ID numbers again.

So the difference in the two is one is 2G and the other 3G. You can have a 2G and still access everything as long as you are receiving a 2G signal. This really only matters if you live in the US.

Are we able to reset AGL at the location we're flying at on 3G Live yet?

I was able to achieve 200 ft today hovering 10 ft from the ground. :roll:

Any one know if a 4G version is in the works ?
Or if 4G speeds are even required ?? Thinking of purchasing, but if a 4G is in the works, happy to wait.

I have not heard anything about 4G so no one get excited or go look for it... I am merely asking...

BTW To the Flytrex work. I work for a large Aus Telco... more than happy to help test out 4G version using LTE and a few other 4G technologies..... Just putting it out there LOL :]

Am I posting I the wrong section here. But I'm having terrible gps problems after I stalling my flytrex. I have the vision+ and never used to drop below 8-9sat when flying. Usually 10-11. Now I'm dropping to 1-2. Constantly kicking into atti mode at the worst time. I have re-posted the wires as many ways as I can. I have the foil mod done but it didn't seem to do much. I'm lost at what I can do next. I got my stage 2 fpvlr installed but I'm scared to try it out.

jasonnelson007 said:
Am I posting I the wrong section here. But I'm having terrible gps problems after I stalling my flytrex. I have the vision+ and never used to drop below 8-9sat when flying. Usually 10-11. Now I'm dropping to 1-2. Constantly kicking into atti mode at the worst time. I have re-posted the wires as many ways as I can. I have the foil mod done but it didn't seem to do much. I'm lost at what I can do next. I got my stage 2 fpvlr installed but I'm scared to try it out.

If you continue flying when dropping to 1-2 satellites you will soon be posting a much different thread. I have no experience with this yet, but I have to think that the new Can-Bus adapter may be would cures your issue. The 1st thing I would is remove the top cover and bypass your flytrex device and reinstall the cover again. To bypass for testing purposes, just unplug the gps wire from the harness and plug it back into the connector on the board. You can leave everything attached as you will just be performing a test. Should you regain positive satellite reception then you know where the problem is. Btw, while you have the cover off and working with the gps plug, you seriously need to do this simple mod. viewtopic.php?f=27&t=30912 Don't take this wrong, but you would be a fool not to do the simple mod.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT