Flytrex Live 3G Released - Review

if you go the can-bus route theirs no soldering, it just plugs straight it as i understand

What exactly is the CAN - BUS adapter? I also ordered mine about Dec 28th with no response also. Just thinking maybe this is something I should get.

Pretty disappointed in the communication with this. I paid also for the expedited shipping and here I am waiting without even a response from them....

Written from a customer service rep at Flytrex:

he CAN-BUS adapter supports the A2, Naza 2 and Phantom 2 series (*not yet applicable to the Phantom 2 Vision series)

It basically takes away the need to solder anything to your craft.... Too bad it isn't for my bird :(

This from customer service on January 5th:

Thank you for touching base. We are currently registering, testing and packaging the new production batch which is already loaded with the new firmware version (v16) and orders scheduled to begin shipping within the next 7 days or so.

I would like to thank you for your patience, understanding and support of Flytrex. An email confirmation with tracking information will be sent as soon as your order ships - please be on the lookout.

Eagerly waiting for the shipping confirmation!

Wow that's good. I can't even get a reply from them. Wonder if they will credit my expedited shipping the at I paid?

Couchie said:
Written from a customer service rep at Flytrex:

he CAN-BUS adapter supports the A2, Naza 2 and Phantom 2 series (*not yet applicable to the Phantom 2 Vision series)

It basically takes away the need to solder anything to your craft.... Too bad it isn't for my bird :(

This from customer service on January 5th:

Thank you for touching base. We are currently registering, testing and packaging the new production batch which is already loaded with the new firmware version (v16) and orders scheduled to begin shipping within the next 7 days or so.

I would like to thank you for your patience, understanding and support of Flytrex. An email confirmation with tracking information will be sent as soon as your order ships - please be on the lookout.

Eagerly waiting for the shipping confirmation!

Hi guys! :)

Just another status update about the new Flytrex Live 3G shipments -- we will start shipping all pending orders this upcoming week (most likely starting Tuesday). The new stock we manufactured should cover all pending orders and any new orders coming in upcoming weeks, so anyone that has been waiting for their shipment will have it shipped in a matter of days.

To keep it fair with all customers we're shipping orders based on the order they were received. We will do our utmost to ship as many of the orders as possible this upcoming week (Tuesday to Friday), but since we've got a lot of pending orders some of the most recent orders might only go the following week. We promise to do the maximum possible to get all orders shipped as quickly as possible.

BTW, we will also receive the new CAN-BUS shipment at the start of this new week, so we will be shipping both Live 3G and CAN-BUS orders together.

We'd like to apologize again for this delay! We ran out of stock pretty early during the holiday season and have been trying to speed up the new stock production as much as possible. Thank you for your understanding! :)

amitregev said:

Just another status update about the new Flytrex Live 3G shipments -- we will start shipping all pending orders this upcoming week (most likely starting Tuesday). The new stock we manufactured should cover all pending orders and any new orders coming in upcoming weeks, so anyone that has been waiting for their shipment will have it shipped in a matter of days.

To keep it fair with all customers we're shipping orders based on the order they were received. We will do our utmost to ship as many of the orders as possible this upcoming week (Tuesday to Friday), but since we've got a lot of pending orders some of the most recent orders might only go the following week. We promise to do the maximum possible to get all orders shipped as quickly as possible.

BTW, we will also receive the new CAN-BUS shipment at the start of this new week, so we will be shipping both Live 3G and CAN-BUS orders together.

We'd like to apologize again for this delay! We ran out of stock pretty early during the holiday season and have been trying to speed up the new stock production as much as possible. Thank you for your understanding! :)
Dear Amit, This is what we keep hearing, however the orders are not coming through.
There is no response whatsoever to any and all kinds of communication to Flytrex(emails to support, Emails and PM to you here)

My vacation in USA is over and I am back to my home country, can I please know the status of my order at least now?

I'll tell you I will be somewhat chapped if my bird gets away from me. No I can't sit and look at it waiting for you guys.

jasonnelson007 said:
I'll tell you I will be somewhat chapped if my bird gets away from me. No I can't sit and look at it waiting for you guys.

Simple solution: don't fly it that far away from you.

I guess you missed the point. It's not the distance, I'm flying over a cut block only maybe 2-400ft out and if it goes down still a challenge to find in the snow. Not to mention it doesn't sound like they fall straight down from the sky when something does go wrong. My point being is a little feedback always goes a long way, don't just avoid the customer that has already paid..

djifan said:
amitregev said:

Dear Amit, This is what we keep hearing, however the orders are not coming through.
There is no response whatsoever to any and all kinds of communication to Flytrex(emails to support, Emails and PM to you here)

My vacation in USA is over and I am back to my home country, can I please know the status of my order at least now?

Hi djifan :)

We're now starting to ship all pending orders. You expect your order to go out somewhere between today and the next 6 days -- depending on its place in our pending orders queue. As discussed earlier, we'll have it shipped to your home address and I'll make sure to coordinate exact shipping details with you to make sure it gets there as smoothly as possible. :)

As for support emails, can you PM me the email you've been using to contact us? I can't see any emails from you at our support queue that were left unanswered, so I'd like to see how come you didn't receive a reply from us and make sure we get this fixed.

Thanks. Got the email that my order from 12/23 has shipped.

PhantomPhreak said:
Thanks. Got the email that my order from 12/23 has shipped.

Thanks PhantomPhreak! :) We received new stock earlier this week and are now working around the clock to catch up with all pending orders. We already got a good part of our pending orders shipped and are expecting to catch up with all pending orders towards mid of this upcoming week. New orders can expect delivery within 4 to 5 days now.

I hope the new shipment gets to you quickly and you enjoy the new Flytrex Live 3G! :)

Flytrex Android Beta Mobile App-Ready & Free

Description:

The Flytrex App gives you direct access, without range limitations, to your Flytrex Live equipped quadcopter and multirotor with your Android! Get real-time telemetry feed with map display, protect your expensive equipment in the event of a crisis, avoid fly-away and much more!

= THE AWESOME HIGHLIGHTS =

• Live Flight Channel - Get live telemetry with map and flight path display directly on your iOS device and track your flight status from the moment you takeoff and until landing.
• GSM Connectivity - Flytrex Live relies on GSM networking, allowing you to stay connected with your aircraft almost without range limitations, and far beyond the range of any radio setup available today.

To enjoy the Live features of this app you need to install Flytrex Live on your quadcopter or multirotor. Flytrex Live is available in the Flytrex Shop (http://flytrex.com) or check out any one of the official Flytrex dealers worldwide.

Having any problems? Any suggestions? We would love to hear from you! You can reach us at [email protected], or, http://facebook.com/flytrex

I have spoken with Amit about adding some additional features to both Android and iS0 versions. Amit tells me there is new features for the app already in the works, and will soon be coming down the pipeline.

Attachments

• 1FLA.png
    1FLA.png
    914.7 KB · Views: 498
  • 1FLA2.png
    1FLA2.png
    30.9 KB · Views: 467
  • 1FLA3.png
    1FLA3.png
    759.7 KB · Views: 471
  • 1FLA4.png
    1FLA4.png
    34.5 KB · Views: 475
When does the Android app come out?

Also can the flytrex be connected into a IOSDmini. If I remember correctly, IOSDmini has an extra canbus type connection on its side.... ok so it does look like there is an extra can bus connection on its side http://www.sarawuth.com/2014/01/dji-pha ... k6-2/#main

Great news - your new Flytrex order is on its way!

Your new Flytrex order has been carefully packed and shipped to you earlier today. The package was shipped via Air Mail and is expected to arrive within three weeks, although usually it will arrive faster. Track your shipment here. It might take up to 24 hours for the tracking number to become active.

So I got my email Thursday! :D

Tracking number... well, it hasn't kicked in yet. I only check it about every thirty seconds. :mrgreen:

Ok, so I'm kidding... just a little excited. Eager to get it on the Phantom!

So mine is on the way!

RUT RO! I just loaded the app on my iPhone and found that I have to enter a facebook username and password?!? My family doesn't do FB. So I can't use the App now?!? What gives?

jasonnelson007 said:
I ordered January 1, do you think mine will ship with the inventory you have?

Hi Jasonnelson007 :)

Yes, for sure. We're still catching up with our pending orders, but we have enough stock available now to cover all pending orders. If you haven't received an email from us including your shipping details you can expect to receive it during this upcoming week.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT