Flytrex Live 3G Released - Review

Geert said:
The "Last Seen" function on the iOS app was correct within 1 meter :eek:
It would be nice if there was an option to have the map in "Satellite" view.
Is this possible for in the future Amit :?: :D
Geert./.
Within 1 meter? Wow, that's great feedback as this was one of my primary considerations before ordering mine.
Sat view is a fabulous suggestion imo, Thanks

saao said:
Geert said:
I am very happy with my Flytrex Live.
Today I did 2 flights, also my personal best 3843 meters.

Geert./.

They have added a new feature the recently posted about

Hi guys :)

The flight direction and aircraft heading display is already available, but currently only available when viewing the flight via our web-site Live Flight Channel. You can check it out if tuning-in to your flight via the Live Channel on the web-site, or join another pilot's Live flight when available (usually during day hours in the states you can find live flights taking place every few minutes). You can check out our Live Flights Globe display here: http://www.flytrex.com/globe/live/

To join a live flight simply hover the "glowing" flight marker (this will show when an actual live flight takes place) and click on the small popup window - this will take you to the Live Flight Channel and you can see the flight taking place in real time. The flight will already show flight direction and aircraft heading.

This feature is *still* not available on our mobile app though, this is why you haven't seen it yet on the iOS app. Since sending new updates to the App Store requires Apple's approval and processing with each new version, pushing new features to our web-site is faster, but we'll soon have this new feature available on the Flytrex iOS app as well - should be ready in 2 weeks, maybe even before.

Another small comment about the flight direction and aircraft heading -- flight direction (the outer red circle) shows you the multirotor flight direction. Aircraft heading shows you where the multirotor front is pointing. Since multirotors can fly in any direction, the two directions aren't always in sync.

Geert said:
I am very happy with my Flytrex Live.
Today I did 2 flights, also my personal best 3843 meters.

Geert./.

Hi Geert :)

Switching map display between map and sattelite for both Live Channel and Last Seen tools will be included with the upcoming update for sure, together with a good deal of new features! We should have more news coming about the upcoming Flytrex iOS update in the next 2 to 3 weeks -- doing our utmost to push the next update as quickly as possible.

amitregev said:
Hi Djifan :)

Regarding our shipping options -- the air mail option usually goes much faster. From our experience, this usually arrives within 7 to 8 business days. We list it as 30 days since this is the "official" time reported by the shipping provider, but since the route to the states is very active shipments actually gets there much (much) faster. Shipping to other locations might be somewhat slower with air mail, but it's pretty fast when shipping to the states.

Cheers! :)
amitregev said:
Hi Davisual :)

Shipping to the states usually goes much faster, even though it is listed as 3 weeks. Shipments to the states from today will get shipped this upcoming Sunday/Monday and most chances will already arrive the following week.

We list this as 3 weeks since this is the official time frame for this shipping method, but since the shipment line to the states is very active it usually goes much faster. I hope this helps. :)
djifan said:
Finally ordered mine today... Yippee!!! Looking forward to it getting shipped out by Sunday/Monday, Thanks

Dear Amit,
I have some special/urgent requirements with regards to my order, have emailed support and also left a PM for you here.
Please do let me know if I need to reach out to anyone else at flytrex to expedite the same. Appreciate your help, Thanks a lot

Dear Amit,

I regret to bring this up again, especially on the forum, but its been almost 3 days of desperately trying to reach you and flyrex support with regards to my order without any response from either, resulting in all my excitement turning into a nightmare.

Based upon your repeated assurances on shipping timelines(and recent discount offered by Flytrex), I went ahead and ordered my 3G Live.
Being in the US on a short trip & leaving the country on 4th Jan 2015, my primary concern was to receive my order on or ahead of that time.

Although there were clear 7-8 business days available between placing the order and my departure, I wanted to make sure that the support/order processing team at Flytrex are aware of my situation and handle the order accordingly. Further more there would be no one available at the US address thereafter to accept/attend to the package after my departure therefore the urgency to convey the message.

While I have no doubt that Flytrex will do the needful however this vacuum and no response whatsoever is causing a lot of unnecessary anxiety. I will be highly obliged if you or support can drop a line confirming that my message/request has been received and someone at Flytrex is working on the same.

Perhaps and in hindsight, I should have confirmed this more specifically or much in advance and/or selected another shipping method i.e. before placing the order and to that effect, I am willing to modify or cancel my order if you are not able to fulfill my request. But please please let me know the status of the same, what ever that might be. Thanks a lot

djifan said:
amitregev said:
Hi Djifan :)

Regarding our shipping options -- the air mail option usually goes much faster. From our experience, this usually arrives within 7 to 8 business days. We list it as 30 days since this is the "official" time reported by the shipping provider, but since the route to the states is very active shipments actually gets there much (much) faster. Shipping to other locations might be somewhat slower with air mail, but it's pretty fast when shipping to the states.

Cheers! :)
amitregev said:
Hi Davisual :)

Shipping to the states usually goes much faster, even though it is listed as 3 weeks. Shipments to the states from today will get shipped this upcoming Sunday/Monday and most chances will already arrive the following week.

We list this as 3 weeks since this is the official time frame for this shipping method, but since the shipment line to the states is very active it usually goes much faster. I hope this helps. :)
djifan said:
Finally ordered mine today... Yippee!!! Looking forward to it getting shipped out by Sunday/Monday, Thanks

Dear Amit,
I have some special/urgent requirements with regards to my order, have emailed support and also left a PM for you here.
Please do let me know if I need to reach out to anyone else at flytrex to expedite the same. Appreciate your help, Thanks a lot

Dear Amit,

I regret to bring this up again, especially on the forum, but its been almost 3 days of desperately trying to reach you and flyrex support with regards to my order without any response from either, resulting in all my excitement turning into a nightmare.

Based upon your repeated assurances on shipping timelines(and recent discount offered by Flytrex), I went ahead and ordered my 3G Live.
Being in the US on a short trip & leaving the country on 4th Jan 2015, my primary concern was to receive my order on or ahead of that time.

Although there were clear 7-8 business days available between placing the order and my departure, I wanted to make sure that the support/order processing team at Flytrex are aware of my situation and handle the order accordingly. Further more there would be no one available at the US address thereafter to accept/attend to the package after my departure therefore the urgency to convey the message.

While I have no doubt that Flytrex will do the needful however this vacuum and no response whatsoever is causing a lot of unnecessary anxiety. I will be highly obliged if you or support can drop a line confirming that my message/request has been received and someone at Flytrex is working on the same.

Perhaps and in hindsight, I should have confirmed this more specifically or much in advance and/or selected another shipping method i.e. before placing the order and to that effect, I am willing to modify or cancel my order if you are not able to fulfill my request. But please please let me know the status of the same, what ever that might be. Thanks a lot

Hi djifan :)

I'm sorry for the slight delay -- I just sent you a reply to your PM here. Since Friday and Saturday are weekend here our support team is a bit slower. Any pending tickets received over the weekend are answered today and usually you can expect a response by the end of Sunday. As for myself, I do my utmost to reply and help as much as possible with all messages here, but sometimes I'll need another day or two until I manage to reply to all messages. :)

Regarding your question, I just sent you a follow-up with full details and I'll be glad with this and get things shipped in the best possible way.

Looking forward to your reply. Thanks! :)

Flytrex live 3G

Hey guys has anyone just used the flytrex 3G not relaying on the fpv and seeing how it performs. I am curious because I want to know just incase while pushing it to the limits if we loose fpv and we switch to their app and go further?

I received my Flytrex Live 3G this week. Today I went around looking for a 3G data micro sim card as advised on the Flytrex Support web page. I am confused though, I only saw 4G sim cards at Best Buy and Safeway... Are they interchangeable? I'd like to buy one locally, preferably on the H2O service since it uses the AT&T network.

Just tell them you need a card for the iPhone 4. It uses the same card.

Ordered my Flytrex 3G on the 18th and it just landed in New York. Thats quick. Have a question, is the SIM card easily accessible? I have a 2nd P2 and swapping a SIM card might be easier than swapping the Flytrex. If I can swap cards I could get away with one data plan.

flyNfrank said:
amitregev said:
Hi Frank,

Thanks for the feedback! :) First, regarding the feature request for ascent column, please note one column to the right of the altitude, titled Ascent (also included in the screen shot you provided), this includes the aircraft ascent at any given time from the ground. If I understand correctly this is the column you were looking for. Let me know if any specific information here is missing.

I'm sorry I didn't explain it completely. It's the "Vertical Speed MPH" column that is needed. I checked the list of everything the Flytrex Logger Profile log's, and "Vertical Speed MPH" is the best option. It pulls data for 12 digits past the decimal which is actually 10 digits too many. Hopefully it wont display all those extra digits. I attached a image below to give you a better idea on what I'm referring about.

amitregev said:
Regarding the altitude offset, if I understand correctly, this isn't something that I can actually see in the attached CSV screen capture you included? Assuming I understand the situation, you compared the altitude reading from Flytrex with the data stored in the second flight logger and you are noticing this offset in flight altitude between the two, is that the case?

Looking forward for your feedback and I'll be glad to explain some more what might be causing this.

Thanks!

On the elevation reading I launch from the same location each time. The elevation readout I have always went by is from google earth.

Amit, I have delayed posting this response. I'm going to take at least a couple more days and investigate the gps issues more.

Frank

Amit, you have yet to respond on adding the "vertical_speed(mph)" column to .CSV Flytrex Data Profile Logger. Btw, did you know it's been said that Dashware has closed their doors, possibly due to someone becoming employed at gopro?

Also I did more investigating on the Flytrex GPS Harness Issue. I tried using different devices and software to test GPS reading. None of what was used helped show or explain what is going on with this flytrex gps harness issue. What has been done so far to resolve this problem? There is no doubt the harness has an effect on how much current is reaching the connector on the board. Has anyone at Flytrex checked for a corrupt ground system on these setups?

DrJoe said:

So there is a difference between 3G and 4G sim cards? I couldn't find any labeled 3G, just 4G. And oddly, when I stopped into a T-Mobile store, they said they couldnt sell me a sim card since I didnt have service with them...

phenom3030 said:
DrJoe said:

So there is a difference between 3G and 4G sim cards? I couldn't find any labeled 3G, just 4G. And oddly, when I stopped into a T-Mobile store, they said they couldnt sell me a sim card since I didnt have service with them...
It's $20 per month if you don't already have an account. $10 if you do.
http://www.t-mobile.com/cell-phone-plans/mobile-internet.html
Only T-Mobile has 3G GMRS service available, and I am pretty sure that a 4G SIM won't work in the Flytrex.

Thanks for the help all. Amit emailed and affirmed that a 4G sim should still support the 3G network. Which I found out today that it does. I'm also using the H2O service now. :D

Thanks for the money saving link! I'm in for one! Been contemplating, piling up pennies and nickles... Price drop did it!

Looking forward to it!

Will start looking for my H20 sim now! :)

When getting a $10 pay as you go H20 plan, is there anything special you tell them on setting up your SiM card?

So for those of you who have ordered and received your flytrex 3G, how long did it take to ship the item?

I ordered on the 25th, got an email that said I'll get a tracking number within 48 hours. It is nine days later and no tracking number. Is this normal?

I ordered mine on November 30th, received the email with tracking info December 4th. It was delivered on December 22nd. Keep in mind these are shipping from Israel.
The email that had the tracking info for me was in a link, the subject line was "your Flytrex is on its way".
Is it possible it may have went into a spam folder?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT