Flytrex Live 3G and H2O Wireless

Reaction score
FWIW, I have been using my Flytrex for 32 days now with 44 missions logged. I just checked my balance and I have 8.72 left of the original 10 dollars that I put on the card. This thing uses a ridiculously small amount of data and this H2O wireless seems to be the cheapest way to go. Best money I've ever spent on this hobby !

I went on their web site. Confusing. What plan did you get?

Thanks. And what simm card do you ask them for?

I ordered my SIM card from Amazon for 1 cent....it comes with all the necessary instructions for setting it up. I think if you get the card from them it'll cost you ten bucks. If you do, just ask for a 10 dollar pay as you go plan, I guess.

I am on H2O wireless. Went on my first flight about 1 hour ago. When I tested it from home everything worked. I could see live data on my PC and Android app. At the field just a few blocks away, green flashing light on the Live 3G, all I got on the app was "No live flight at the moment". It did record the 2 missions on Flytrex. Going to try from home again, suspect and hope it was just the app failing.

Hawkeye 1 said:
I ordered my SIM card from Amazon for 1 cent....it comes with all the necessary instructions for setting it up. I think if you get the card from them it'll cost you ten bucks. If you do, just ask for a 10 dollar pay as you go plan, I guess.
same here I got the 1 cent SIM from amazon
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005LI78YM/

Hawkeye 1 said:
PhantomPhreak, mine does that occasionally on an IPhone......nothing to worry about, I think.

Thanks for the reply. Tried it again at home and still no live on app. Will try again tomorrow.

Problem resolved. Heard back from Flytrex. It was a result of changing my uploads to private. This has been fixed with a new Android app update available now on Play Store. Even better news is it now includes Last Seen. Thank You Flytrex!

knuckles said:
Hawkeye 1 said:
Thanks all! Just 2 dumb questions. I run the DJI App on a Samsung Tablet with no cellular, so I guess I will have to use my iPhone 4 (Verizon) for tracking.
1. Can I do that? Is there an issue with the Flytrex being on H2O and the phone on Verizon?
2. If so, the Flytrex website says their app is optimized for the iPhone 5. Will using the iPhone 4 be a problem?

PhantomPhreak said:
Problem resolved. Heard back from Flytrex. It was a result of changing my uploads to private. This has been fixed with a new Android app update available now on Play Store. Even better news is it now includes Last Seen. Thank You Flytrex!

Thanks PhantomPhreak - I'm glad to hear the new update helped! :)

If you get a free moment, we'd really appreciate a short review on the Play Store - this will really help us there. :)

GaryDZ said:
knuckles said:
Hawkeye 1 said:
Thanks all! Just 2 dumb questions. I run the DJI App on a Samsung Tablet with no cellular, so I guess I will have to use my iPhone 4 (Verizon) for tracking.
1. Can I do that? Is there an issue with the Flytrex being on H2O and the phone on Verizon?
2. If so, the Flytrex website says their app is optimized for the iPhone 5. Will using the iPhone 4 be a problem?

Hi Gary :)

1. No problem at all. Flytrex communication is done via the internet - as long as you're connected it doesn't matter what provider you are using. You can use H2O on the Live 3G system itself, Verizon on the phone, and have a friend view your flight data at home with your cable provider - as long as you have a device with internet connection it will work.

2. No problem at all. iPone 4/4S should work without any problem. BTW, where is it listed as iPhone 5 optimized? :/ I'll get this text updated.. this is confusing and should be updated. :)

Thanks!

amitregev said:
BTW, where is it listed as iPhone 5 optimized? :/ I'll get this text updated.. this is confusing and should be updated. :)
From your web site, when you click "iOS" it brings you to the iTunes Store. It's under "Compatibility"

GaryDZ said:
amitregev said:
BTW, where is it listed as iPhone 5 optimized? :/ I'll get this text updated.. this is confusing and should be updated. :)
From your web site, when you click "iOS" it brings you to the iTunes Store. It's under "Compatibility"

Thanks! :)

That seems to be a note added by the App Store. We just submitted a new Flytrex iOS version for review which should update this comment with all iOS versions. Now we wait for new version to get approved and live on the App Store - more updates once it goes live! :)

knuckles said:
Hawkeye 1 said:

Just a heads up.... This link is to the wrong size SIM card. Flytrex takes the micro or nano sim here - http://www.amazon.com/Micro-Mini-Card-U ... 2owireless

I learned the hard way. Have to wait another 3 days now.

Just a heads up.... This link is to the wrong size SIM card. Flytrex takes the micro or nano sim here - http://www.amazon.com/Micro-Mini-Card-U ... 2owireless

I learned the hard way. Have to wait another 3 days now.
I'm having problems with my flytrex live 3G...installed it on my p2v+ with can bus adapter and h20 wireless sim...it powers up and I can watch the mission live on the app...last seen works too but the flight never uploads to my profile. It is linked correctly...any ideas? I emailed flytrex and they are saying it is being escalated and my take a "few days"...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT