Flytrex Delivery

Reaction score
Received the Flytrex core 2 today (only 2 days for delivery). All excited. Looked in the box; no connection harness that I ordered. Called the dealer. They said the DJI wire harness for it is backordered at least 2 weeks. Dang! Why would they have the circuit board and not enough harnesses made up, since the harness is specifically for that circuit board. Go figure. Hope I don't have to wait all summer for just that wire harness.

Gary E said:
Received the Flytrex core 2 today (only 2 days for delivery). All excited. Looked in the box; no connection harness that I ordered. Called the dealer. They said the DJI wire harness for it is backordered at least 2 weeks. Dang! Why would they have the circuit board and not enough harnesses made up, since the harness is specifically for that circuit board. Go figure. Hope I don't have to wait all summer for just that wire harness.

Who did you order it from? I ordered one that shipped yesterday from Motor City Drones. I'm not worried about not getting it as I paid via Paypal, so if worse comes to worse I just file a grievance and that's that.

I dont know why flytrex just make the board + the cable as the package ??? Very odd !

pyrophantom said:
I dont know why flytrex just make the board + the cable as the package ??? Very odd !

I know some vendors sell the board and cable separate. The place I bought from packaged the two together (could tell from the price) and at the last part of me placing the order asked which cable I needed. Let's hope they're not out also.

Odd tho dont you think as you need both anyway !??

:|

I ordered the combo, board and harness (listed and sold seperately) from Red Rocket Hobbies. I guess Flytrex set it up to have the dealers sell the harness seperately since the DJI harness cable is different than the other generic harness cable utilized for other aircraft brands. But gosh, the shortage of the cables doesn't do anyone any good. Can't use one without the other, so a package offering makes more sense like DJI and others do when selling hardware.

Thanks a ton Mike.

E-mail sent. Please include an invoice and I will make prompt payment via PayPal or any other method suitable to you.

Gary

Mike Wright said:
Gary, Email me your address [email protected] and I will drop you a DJI cord for your Flytrex v2.0 in the mail today. ;)

Mike, if I may ask, how do you typically deliver these domestically? I ordered one from you on Tuesday and the email I got said it was delivered via "Other".

Thanks.

EDIT: Never mind, Mike. It arrived this afternoon via USPS Priority. Quick turnaround! Thanks.

Hi guys! :)

I just wanted to post a quick reply and explain that the Flytrex Core system and the compatible cable are sold separately since there are several different optional cables available - depending on the flight controller/multirotor you are using: DJI installation cable (which is the one used for all Phantom models as well), cable for the Blade 350 QX and for APM 2.5/2.6 flight controllers.

Since each of the cables design is different users needs to select the correct cable for their setup. Some of our dealers are indeed selling the system together with the cable as a single package, while others sell those as two separate products.

I hope this explains things a bit more. :) Of course I'll be glad to try and help with any other question.

Have a great weekend! :)

amitregev said:
...Of course I'll be glad to try and help with any other question...
Thanks for the info. Why would the dealer be back ordered over two weeks on the DJI cable and not the board? I wouldn't think that they would have sold more cables than boards?

Mike Wright said:
Gary, tracking sent

BigTulsa check your inbox and by inbox I mean mailbox!

Enjoy Guys!
You da Man!! Maximum fun!

Mike Wright said:
Gary, tracking sent

BigTulsa check your inbox and by inbox I mean mailbox!

Enjoy Guys!

Yeah, edited my original post to say it arrived today.

One thing I will say, and maybe I misunderstood...this thing was a bit difficult to fit..specifically the cable through the right rear hole. On the Vision, maybe that's because the camera cable AND magnetometer cable both exist there...but I finallly got it through, after a bit of coaxing. Didn't want to be too rough with it, especially around the ESC board. Especially since this was the first time I opened the case since I've had it. Took it out in the backyard for a short spin to verify it would log data...and it does. :).

That's the same hole I'll be routing the wire thru. On the P2 it has the compass harness and one of the receiver antennas thru it.

Gary E said:
That's the same hole I'll be routing the wire thru. On the P2 it has the compass harness and one of the receiver antennas thru it.

Yeah, those receiver antenna cables are *tiny* compared to the Vision camera cable. I really had to work at getting that plug through, but finally did after a few minutes. The receiver cables on the Vision are in the other skids.

Mike Wright said:
Gary, tracking sent...
Mike,

The Flytrex wire harness arrived today. Fantastic!

Lightning fast delivery from MOTOR CITY DRONE COMPANY (844-DRONE-CO)

Thanks a ton!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart