Flying without camera ??

Reaction score
Hello all,
I had my first crash the other day, hit some tree branches, and apparently bent the gimbal to the point that I cannot get the DJI GO app to stop complaining about "Gimbal Overload"

It actually all looks fine but the gimbal thrashes back and forth and all around.

I was wondering if I can remove the camera and gimbal and fly without?
I realize that no FPV and video will take away some huge features but I think I can learn to fly better and then at some point buy another bird.

Will the app freak out with the gimbal and camera missing?

I flew mine without the camera for over a month after a crash. And i never used the app.
Just simply the drone and the controller

Did you remove the camera and gimbal tjgib2001?
I'm thinking I need to remove or at least disconnect because the gimbal motors do seem to get warm/hot after a few minutes of jerking around.

Additionally I was thinking I could get more flight time without the added weight.

Anyone have a trashed gimbal for P3S 2.7 K they would sell for fair price? In fact, all I need are all of the gimbal pieces except camera.

I've got this fantasy of ordering a cheeseburger at my favorite grill up the road (2.9 miles) and having them strap it to my hovering P2V while on a waypoints mission. I figure the camera would have to go, but I could glue little cross beams across the landing gear like a cage and that would provide a place to slide in the cheeseburger and also help with the weight problem (it's a half pounder).

I don't like the idea of hooking it like a fishing line because I think there would be too much drag...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl